Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Test

Testing Enterprise Dashboard in production

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Expand alerts

Be able to expand alerts and link to a KB article to resolve if it applies.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Context aware help

The help next to be context sensitive for example when i am looking at the AD Sync page if i go to help i should get a link to the documentation that covers how to set up AD sync. Once it is set up, it should link to how to manage it.

Make my life easier, don't make me have to hunt endlessly for the information I need.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Go back to old policies

Undo whatever madness you just did to the policies. I now have to go through several sections to assign my devices to the correct polices.

It was just add once to one group of policies before you split them all a out individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Bring Back the old policies

This is a pain the *** to manage now. I liked it better when, when adding a new user to a policy, I only had to do it in one policy and not several spots.

For example, all laptop users have the same restrictions. I was able to add the user *once* to the correct policy. Now I have to add that same user to four or five different policies.

BRING BACK THE OLD METHOD.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Suggestions for Intercept X and Sophos Central

I am currently testing Intercept X for a new deployment. Before this I have never worked with Sophos Central.
    I have several suggestions:
    - First I have found almost no documentation for Intercept X on the Sophos page, not even a note "to install Intercept X you have to have a Sophos Central account, there you can download the installation files".
    - In the licensing section you can see how many licenses you use, but as far as I can see there is no way to determine which Computer uses which product/license.
    - At the moment I have just one…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. option to have note on each device

It would be a great option to have the ability to leave a note associate with each device: server or computer.
    this will help to Multiple admin to leave feedback on devices for other admin.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Policy default tab

If selecting a policy, it would be more convenient to see the "Settings" tab instead of the "Users" tab per default. Or at least "Groups" as the policy assignment is more managed using groups instead of individual users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Licensing Support

After having significant issues with licensing this past weekend, it became clear that Sophos needs licensing professionals available weekends to support problems. See case #7192127

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Update Now - Computers

It would be nice to be able to trigger an update on a computer from the device details page. You can do it with servers, but I don't see a way with computers. The only way I've found to do it is by going to the user page and selecting the computer from there.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Terrible Policies View

The updated policies view is awful. Why would I want to have to add a user to each specific spot in the policy one at a time? That's ridiculous, please change it back.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Group Attribute Query in AD Sync Utility

Greetings,

Please add support for the "uniqueMember" attribute in addition to "Member" in the AD Sync Utility. Currently only this attribute is queried. Our customer AD environments are configured to use "uniqueMember" and thus we are unable to import AD groups into Sophos Central.

Thank you for your consideration,

Scott King
    Network Engineer
    Syndesi Solutions, Inc.
    Sophos Platinum Partner
    sking@syndesisolutions.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Report listing computer group and OS version

I need to know what group and which version of Windows each computer has. There doesn't appear to be a report that provides this information. A Users report provides the group the *user* is in but doesn't provide the version of Windows or the computer group.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. iOs / Android App to control Sophos Central Admin

Customer wants to have us develop a iOs/Android/WinMo app for Sophos Central Admin. The Site browsing is good however having a full on app that can control central would be stellar!!

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Pua

Customer wants to have a blacklist/a auto pua remover feature for their central. I saw that we have that for SMC or as a feature request for SMC but I didn't see it for regular SAV for Central

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. RBA Alternative

It would really be nice to have a "support" level role to allow a group of users to alter or disable machine tamper protection. It would one step 'below' admin users, where it would not be able to alter or create policies.

Thanks,
    mark

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. still feels like beta

once again i have a button just displaying code:

{{ value }}

its the button under Devices

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Longer remote assistance period

It'd be really useful if there was an option to enable Remote Assistance for a period longer than 72 hours, as many of my support calls have required me to re-enable Remote Assistance multiple times.

Perhaps if there was some way to associate remote assistance with a support call number, so that it would be granted to support for as long as the ticket was open?

Also, having the 'save' button in the top right makes it very easy to miss if you have a big monitor!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Alerting happening too frequently and sometimes without proper cause

Alerting is strange, I have several laptops that throw alerts that they are out of date, but then within 1-2 minutes are back up to date. They don't throw the alert until they are online, then rectify themselves immediately. Why is this?

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Central Email - Allow users to let specific MTAs or senders send email on their behalf

There have been multiple and many different instances on when legitimate companies need to send email with the senders domain behalf.

Either allow SPF checks, Trust specific MTAs or relays to send email on own behalf.

For example my domain is abc.com - a notification system (externally) sends an email to test@abc.com FROM notifier@abc.com - but this will be blocked by spoof protection (by default).
    Spoof protection is a global setting with only 3 settings (Quarantine, Tag, Allow) and there is no configuration/fine tuning. There are 100s of other instances where outside MTAs send email with clients own domain.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.