Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Uninstall and Repair Endpoints via Sophos Central

The uninstall and repair options via console would make it easier to manage a large number of machines, mainly because sometimes it is difficult to get access to some of them.

188 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID Test Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Started  ·  12 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Constantly failing updates and requiring restarts to complete updates.

Constantly getting alerts that a workstation is out of date dude to missing two updates. Just got one for my workstation (IT Admin). I tried to manually update the Sophos app, on the workstation, and it keeps failing. I have come across this multiple times and a restart along with time will resolve it. Kinda sad that any update requires a restart for an Anti-virus product in an enterprise environment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add additional exclusion types

We would like the ability to get more control over "CryptoGuard" (aka HitMan.Pro), specifically 2 extra exclusion types;
    - Ability to exclude cryptoguard from scanning a file/folder without having to experience the issue first and then adding it in afterwards.
    - Ability to add an exclusion so that we can say "allow a computer with this IP to be able to write to \server\xyz share".

Hopefully this makes sense, I have discussed this with our account manager and they suggested to submit this via this portal. If you need any other information, please call and I will be…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Want old dashboard!!!

Is there a way to get the old dashboard back? We liked the "At a Glance" feature of being easily able to tell how many High Med and Low we had. The overall counts dashboard was much more useful. Now, we can't even tell if we have a High alert without clicking into the dashboard!!

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Change to the Sophos Central Dashboard

It looks like you updated the dashboard on Sophos Central. Now instead of the two buttons showing how many Alerts and High Alerts there are and you now show 5 lines of combined alerts. For us this is a setback. We use the dashboard to monitor the high alerts and alert counts and take action where needed. Now there is nowhere that tells us how many high alerts there are.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. turn on/off alerts by category/specific alert by recipient

We need the ability to turn on/off alerts by category/specific alert by recipient.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Notes for Peripheral exemptions

add a notes field to peripheral exemptions so I can note why im creating the exemption.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Revenir en Admin role

Bonjour
    Comment revenir en arrière et utiliser central sophos admin ?
    Ou comment déléguer dans sophos central entreprise l'administration au partenaire ?
    Merci de votre réponse.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. to many options

for some reason I can't remove your products from my computer.
    Please, if you value word of mouth advertising, help me get all your products off of my computer as soon as possible or I will make it my mission to ruin your company. I used to endorse your products wholeheartedly but since I downloaded your most recent, my opinion of your company is beyond repair. Whoever is responsible for the policy changes in your organization needs to be replaced as soon as possible.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sorting and poor performance

The functionality of this web interface is horrific. After using this a few days here are my suggestions:
    Make all of the headers clickable for sorting. I will have hundreds of computers in my devices list when I am done but the only search function is by machine name? I have 30 sites that need to have the computers grouped into. I cannot sort by site, persons name, this makes no sense to me.

Do something about the portals performance. I have less than 100 machines in here now and it takes about 2 minutes to select a device, change…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sophos Central region

It's currently not possible to view the chosen Sophos Central region (Germany, Ireland, USA) in the webUI. This should be added to an appropriate location in the dashboard.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sophos Central needs click through on all reports

Cannot click on user in "policy violators". Basically any useful or usable log file you have cannot be clicked on to see more information is the rule of thumb. You need to look at your UX and get to work on fixing what is there. If it is a log that shows you "who has done what" we need to be able to click on that user to find more information on what it is they did to break policy so we know if we need to speak to them or not.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Cannot click on graph in usage summary for not protected users

Endpoint users not protected is not clickable and should be to allow the admin to know who isn't protected and if they need to do anything about it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Sophos Central Wireless Captive Portal - Format Terms of Use

In Sophos Central, Wireless, SSID's, Advanced, Captive Portal, Terms of Service -
    Ability to force the text to a new line or format it (Bold, new Paragraph etc)? By default it displays text on devices trying to access the portal in one mass of text ignoring any new lines/paragraphs you type in Sophos Central interface. This is not a good user experience.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wireless  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Allow us to filter and select alerts!

For the love of God, please allow us to filter and select multiple Alerts to clear on the alert screen. We may have 100s of alerts for the same thing and, after resolving it, having to select each individual alert to clear it is ridiculous. It makes the alerts in our console completely useless.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. 9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to import/export Whitelists

When migrating third party or existing Sophos email protection solutions to Email Gateway there is currently no way to import a txt or csv Whitelist, as per other email protection solution providers, including existing Sophos applications.

This would be a very useful feature to have, particularly when a partner has many customers that could utilise a common Whitelist that the administrator can apply easily across the board and especially when an individual customer has built a list of several thousand domains that it would not be convenient to add to their new Cloud Gateway, one at a time.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Role based management

Please add role based management:
    For partners: Possibility to assign who can administrate which customers.
    No need to have access to partner portal for central partner access.

For customers: Possiblity to manage multiple customers (one admin works for multiple companies).
    Possibility to have multiple sub-estates with one license.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Greylisting SPF DKIM

Please add Greylisting, SPF and DKIM (DMARC) - curenttly features in email are not rich ...

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Add file encryption

Please add:
    1) Possiblity to encrypt only choosen volumes
    2) File share encryption
    3) Removable device encryption.
    4) Persistent encryption (possibility to force encryption with outgoing data to usb or share)

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Encryption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.