Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IP address should be showcased when go to Endpoint Protection

I want to export the total no.of.endpoints based on the IP's.

It would be better if you consider to add this feature in the Console and It make the easier work for the audit purpose.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Searching for devices in Sophos Central

In Sophos Central, it would be more convenient to allow devices to be searched by IP address in addition to computer names. Please consider adding the ability to search by IP as well.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. More details on reports

Some more detailed reports.
    Current reports are next to useless.
    Dashboard says 29 Web Threats blocked, but no way of seeing what those threats are. Clicking on it takes you to a list of users, but no dates, times, threat details, or anything useful.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Apply Time-of-Click Policy to Messages Released from Quarantine

Right now, when you release a message from quarantine, any links in the message are passed through to the recipient. It would be wonderful for time of click processing to occur on the links within these messages.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow exporting of Search results as a CSV/Excel file

It would be really nice to be able to export mail/quarantine/mail queues as a CSV or Excel file. This would really simply contacting everyone who received a message with a given subject, or finding items.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Central Dashboard

Central is not talking to the end point when it shows its healthy! Disappointing.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Reflexion

Allow Daily Quarantine notices to be sent to an alternate email address not the primary email address.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Additional Tracking

I had 2 laptops that I delivered to a client 100km's away. I installed our monitoring agent and Sophos AV. The Sophos installation was by accident. I used an installer from a different client. I just spent 2 hours looking for the 2 PC's that I accidentally installed . I have over 40 clients and through the interface being very slow and the manual process I was unable to find which installer I had used. Going through a second time I found them and was able to disable tamper protection.
    This leads me to 2 suggestions. When in a clients…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. sophos web page security

Unable to download products from your download page using our corporate setup for securing chrome (HTTPSAnywhere, uBlockOrigin, and Bitdefender TrafficLight. The culprit appears to be TrafficLight.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Make the download of sophos upgrade from cyberoam link available once the device is registered not after I ahve created an account etc...

Have just spent the last 30 minutes trying to get the download link to upgrade a cyberoam firewall to a sophos one, this has been extremely frustrating. First I had to wait for some email to allow me to login to the sophos web page. eventually got that, now waiting to get the device to show in my console so I can upgrade. I can see why I was leaving the things on the old software. I have scheduled this for a certain time window as it involves down time and that window is rapidly closing. Could you really have…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. We need Sophos Central to record physical add & few other fields of end host

At the moment Sophos Central records only IP Add,hostname & login id which keep on changing and not good enough to identify end host/user in case of anomaly detected.

I request you to see if it can capture physical add & few other fields which may possibly help us to identify end user & his/her corporate asset that has any sort of infection.

Furthermore end user should receive some alert and be able to quarantine it, in case of any anomaly detected by Sophos client. That will help us to improve hygiene and reduce overhead of IT administrator.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Fix Sophos Central

Fix your Infrastructure, Fix Sophos Central.

Slow, slow, slow! Every time I have an urgent need to add or edit a website to the website management it is slow, takes tens of minutes to load, sometimes never loading at all.

Then after all that pain, it can take HOURS sometimes DAYS for our endpoints to get the update - is that providing good protection for endpoints? In case you don't know the answer, it is IT DOESN'T. It DOESN'T provide protection against real time threats at all. If we can't mitigate an attack by blocking a site then what good…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. CSV import for users

CSV import for users would be very useful. Just need the two fields: Name,email.

Thanks!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Bypass tamper protection as a superadmin

I would like to recommend that superadmins be given the ability to remove Sophos Cloud from client machines, without having to get a unique tamper protection password each time. I understand this feature would be useful, if the password has to be passed on to an end user. But, there have been several scenarios in which the tamper protection password is no longer available. This has forced me to keep this feature disabled.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. User activity report - User Internet Activity reporting

Provide reporting similar to Sophos Enterprise console allowing activity reporting for users and what websites they have accessed over a period of time. This reporting is very important if requested from management to see a listing of all websites that were accessed.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Update your support system

3 days and still no human has bothered to look at my support ticket, as much as I like the Sophos products your support operation is very poor, with visibility and lack of attention making it an exasperating experience.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Description Box on Policy

I would like to request a Description box for the policies. This would help explain why the policy was created.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Adding Peripheral Exemptions

The Add Peripheral Exemptions table which shows detected peripherals is not user friendly, the columns do not appear to scale, which makes finding the target device more difficult to locate.
    Can the columns scale automatically?

In addition, on the Add Peripheral Exemptions screen, when trying to locate a device you cannot sort/filter the columns by name or model which makes finding the device more difficult to locate.
    Can the ability to sort by column be added?

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Peripheral Exemptions

The current method of adding peripheral exemptions is not a streamlined process in Sophos Central; you have to go through multiple screens and steps to unblock the device.

When the peripheral gets blocked, it gets noted in the device status and event screen. It would be useful to unblock the device directly from these screens.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Status of support request?

Can I expect a contact from you on Support request #7446855? It's now been 2 1/2 days, and I don't mind if you're backed up as long as I get some indication that I can expect help. Is there someplace I can access support request info? Thanks!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.