Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. List groups alphabetically

Please sort groups alphabetically! At the moment they're not, and it makes finding the right one really hard.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show contents of groups (filter by group)

Please allow us to be able to see the contents of a group. I have one group for my most important machines and would like to be able to at a glance verify that all of them are fine.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need clear visual indication of what endpoint software is installed where

If you have multiple different Central products (endpoint protection/InterceptX/Encryption) installed on different systems, managing what software is installed where is extremely hard at the moment.

These are things I want to know at a glance but currently can't find out:
    * Which of my systems have IntecerptX installed?
    * Which of my systems have Encryption installed?
    * Has InterceptX been properly installed on all the systems it's been enabled on?
    * Are all the computers in group X protected by InterceptX?
    * Are all the computers in group Y encrypted?

Please consider adding an icon column to indicate enabled or…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Central single policy change complaint

Customer: Domo Tactical Communications
    Case number: 7224433

This is a Formal Complaint.

The recent changes to the Sophos Central Administration is a management nightmare.

Before I had a single department policy encompassing each Sophos Feature / Technology Group.

I now have 6 Policies per department that need individually managing.

If I create a new policy for a department from scratch, or by cloning, I have to do it 6 times.

How on earth did this pass any customer testing or sanity testing?

Or am I the only customer to have "special" needs in breaking departments down this…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Encryption status not displayed in Endpoint Protection>Computers view

In the "Endpoint Protection > Computers" view, why is device encryption state not listed? Its immensely confusing to have similar views but some without important information -- especially as the 'manage endpoint software' button on this view can be used to manage the encryption module!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. New policy interface = 5 times the effort

The new interface for policy management is far less useful than before. Now we must edit 5 individual policy areas instead of editing one policy with 5 components. The new interface requires we apply each portion of a policy to a user requiring 5 times the effort !

Please go back to the old view/ method and focus on changes that increase productivity, minimize administration and improve functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Applying policies in new portal inefficient

This new portal update requires, if I want to apply a policy to a machine or user, that I go into each individual component of the policy, add the person, save, and move on to the next. This is terribly inefficient and , frankly, annoying.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. "Select All" checkbox at top of Alerts pages

A "Select all" button or checkbox at the top of the Alerts pages. In some cases there are many informational alerts that just need to be marked as acknowledged, so it would be easier to just check "Select All" and then deselect the ones that shouldn't be selected.

This feature may be useful to have on other pages with selection checkboxes, as well.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Scan results

When a scan is finished, all you see in the cloud is "Scan my computer complete". It doesn't indicate anything other than the scan completed, meaning there are no results or how many files where scanned, or well any details at all. It would be extremely helpful if there was more information provided.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Scan status

There should be some sort of indication that a scan is running on a computer when it is triggered in the cloud. From what I can tell there is no indication that a scan is currently running or how far along it is, after pushing the "Scan Now" button.

27 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Warning to user of encryption policy violation

A. We have endpoint encryption policy enforced on the endpoint in question
    B. The user of this endpoint tries to re-encrypt the disk using Bitlocker – first he wants to decrypt the disk
    C. The user is shown that decryption starts and then automatically switches to encryption – without any explanations or notifications. I think it would be great if Sophos could issue a warning that disk cannot be decrypted due to policy.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Device Encryption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Encryption display statuses aren't useful

The interface does not make a distinction between endpoints where encryption has been enabled but is not yet applied, and endpoints where encryption is not applied at all -- they both show as 'Not available'.

Please please make the 'device encryption' column make it clear where devices do not have encryption applied. I only purchase enough encryption licenses to cover my laptops, but I have some spare -- so it's not correct for the encryption status to report "not available" -- it's just not applied.

Useful values for the 'encryption' column would be:

Encrypted by policy - for devices where…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Encryption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Remote force reboot and restore deleted accounts

Feature Requests:
    1) need an option to manually force or at minimum prompt a user to preform a reboot. I have multiple clients who's users have windows VM's that never get shut down. maybe a force reboot button beside scan now in the dashboard or make it an option for the admin to force reboots or not upon updating.

2) Have a restore repository to restore users/computer accounts if accidentally deleted. Maintain it for around 7 day's and then delete. Currently if a client makes the mistake of deleting a computer. you have to remove and reinstall the client on…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Global update

Many products we interface with as an IT Security company have sweeping updates, to push a global scan/update for all the endpoints, servers, mobile, everything that software touches.

I think a good suggestion for this, would be to implement a "Scan/Update All Devices" button, to push an update and check of all endpoints in the environment.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sophos Central Grouping feature & AD Sync improvements

It would be nice to improve the AD Sync Client with following features:
    - AD Sync on OU level
    - Sync Computer Objects in Security Group Object and apply a Synced Security Group Object as Computer Group in the Sophos Central Web-GUI. Like this is with the User Objects already implemented.

39 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Test

Testing Enterprise Dashboard in production

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Expand alerts

Be able to expand alerts and link to a KB article to resolve if it applies.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Context aware help

The help next to be context sensitive for example when i am looking at the AD Sync page if i go to help i should get a link to the documentation that covers how to set up AD sync. Once it is set up, it should link to how to manage it.

Make my life easier, don't make me have to hunt endlessly for the information I need.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Go back to old policies

Undo whatever madness you just did to the policies. I now have to go through several sections to assign my devices to the correct polices.

It was just add once to one group of policies before you split them all a out individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Bring Back the old policies

This is a pain the *** to manage now. I liked it better when, when adding a new user to a policy, I only had to do it in one policy and not several spots.

For example, all laptop users have the same restrictions. I was able to add the user *once* to the correct policy. Now I have to add that same user to four or five different policies.

BRING BACK THE OLD METHOD.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.