Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Produkterweiterung bei Warnhinweisen

Schönen guten Tag.
    Da die Warnhinweise nicht von selber verschwinden und man diese manuell als anerkannt bestätigen muss, wäre ich sehr froh um die Erweiterung (Kästchen oben links neben "Alarme") "Alles Auswählen" um alle Warnhinweise markieren und bestätigen zu können.
    Vielen Dank
    Michael Probst
    Schweizerische Vogelwarte
    6204 Sempach
    +41414629759

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Customizable Roles under Role Management

It would be great to be able to create custom roles. That way we can have an admin role for example that wouldn't get notifications. Is this possible to add into Sophos management console?

Thank you,
    Trevor Karppi
    IT Support Analyst II
    Direct (425) 974-8588 Ext. 1088

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Deployment options PKG installer for macOS

Hi

Sophos don't make a PKG file available to download as this is not a supported deployment option.

It's really annoying, that we have to use time and money on this, hiring an external Mac consult to create a simple PKG installer for Antivirus Endpoint and Device Encryption.

Will you please consider add a PKG installer to Sophos Central Admin.
    https://cloud.sophos.com/manage/downloads

Thanks.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Scheduled application control and web filtering

Application control and web filtering to be applied when students and staff are only at the school. Maybe ping 2 or 3 internal server and then apply the policies?

This will give users the ability to use what ever apps or any websites they want

when at home but at school they are restricted.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Improve the quarantine to actually show if a message is BULK, SPOOF or SPAM

Currently you cannot distinguish if an email is spam, spoof or bulk in the quarantine.
    This needs to be clearly visible to the end user so they know why the message has been caught.
    Also an option to filter to show just one type would be good, e.g. show all spam, or show spam and spoof - a tick box to show each type would be good.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. duplicate computer entries

Hello,

Currently when we have a user log into a computer with Sophos Endpoint installed on it, a new computer entry gets created within Sophos Central. When a second user logs onto the same machine, a second computer entry gets created within Sophos endpoint. This process gets repeated everytime a new person logs on, thus creating multiple entries for one physical machine.

This creates a large problem for us when performing audits, as when we run computer reports and have a look at the inactive column for machines that are no longer in use, these results are skewed as it…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. RCA case logging

It would be really nice if I were able to mark certain RCA cases as, "do not alert me on this again".

The facebook scams and the bad website block page notifications pile up and I don't care to see them if I know you are blocking them.

In general Sophos central needs to give users more control over what and how they see things. Every column of any table should also be sortable. You guys have some serious balls to tell me what I should be allowed to sort. j/k Seriously though, every column should be sortable.

That's all…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. superadmins should not require a separate email for enterprise access

Cannot promote a superadmin to an Enterprise Admin , what if someone wears multiple hats that overlap which is usually the case.

Right now you need a separate email/login for the Enterprise dashboard forcing customers to use a personal or web email account.

I suggest that if a superadmin becomes an enterprise admin then allow them to choose their default dashboard view i.e login to a particular sub-estate or Enterprise view and be able to switch between them easily.

Shak

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Lack of functionality. Web interface is geared towards idiots who like approximations of data.

As far as a management portal, Sophos seems to play the ignorant. Tamper Protection management, detailed reports and the pandering display of "this computer hasn't updated in 3 days, 4 months etc. I'm human and I'm in IT, I can understand dates on a calendar. WHy is it that I have to download a CSV (when available) to get dates versus an annoucement of "about 3 months ago". Are you selling this to the enterprise or the end users?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Feature Requests

Feature Change Request:
    1. More granular control of Roles. For instance, Helpdesk role having the ability to disable Tamper Protection during troubleshooting.
    2. Active Directory Import (Computers) - Computers and Servers get viruses, not people (ok, maybe the common cold). With SEC, an organization can quickly view their system assets imported and determine the compliance of protected systems.
    3. Intelligent Alerting - Alerts such as 'out of date' or 'reboot required' should be intelligent enough to clear without administrator intervention.
    4. Customizable Alerting - If alerts will not clear on their own as issue is addressed, then the ability to…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. AD Sync - Remove Computers No Longer in AD

We have a ton of old computers listed that have been retired & removed from AD, but are still listed in sophos. It would be nice if AD sync had an option to automatically clear these up.

If it's not in AD and it's not reporting as online (For 2 weeks) -> Purge.

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Additional Admin Roles in Enterprise Sophos Central

Change Admin Roles in Enterprise Sophos Central

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. AD in Enterprise Sophos Central

Allow AD integration into Enterprise Sophos Central

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Enterprise console for Re-seller Management

Need ability to delete Sub-Estates.
    Need to be able to use either different Usernames for each Sub-Estate Login or ability to reuse same email address.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sophos Home Beta - Window Outlining & Frame Effect

One notable feature of Sophos Home is window outline and framing, for example, when it encrypts keystrokes. (Or when a program is opened.) While this is cool at first, it can cause issues with a small number of applications. (Some were they don't use the standard Chrome, for instance.)

I am suggesting that maybe some preferences for toggling this behavior on/off should be added.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. GUI interface lacks functionality for a large enterprise

I'm not exactly clear on why Sophos has chosen to use cute statements on the last update or access to Sophos. In the GUI, it will say 7 minutes or 7 months, instead of the actual date and time. There are also no bulk delete operations for "I would like to delete all computers that have not been active for X amount of time. Would make this click fantastic interface actually useful.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. IP Address in computers list

I would like to see the IP address view option in the computers section under Endpoint Protection

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Sophos for Virtual Environments (ESXi)

Sophos for Virtual Environments (ESXi) should NOT require a vCenter management server to install. We have a large number of small clients that could benefit from this application but are unable to install directly on their ESXi host that is not connected to vSphere

Matt Granzow
    mgranzow@sourceonetechnology.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Mark Toshack responded

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your submission – I have logged your request in our internal system, it is something we would like to address.
    If its status changes I will let you know.

Thanks

Mark

19. licencias

buenos dias

quiero saber como podemos hacer para dar de baja a varias licencias de sophos en algunas computadora que ya no están en uso en la asegura y poder instalarlo en otras que se les ha cambiado el sistema operativo. mi consulta se debe a que ya excedimos las licencias contratadas con ustedes y hay varias licencias que no se estan utilizando .

atentamente

Stanley Mendizabal
    depto de informatica

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. can not uninstall product.

please make uninstallation easier, this is a trial version, not a production. I will not recommend this product if they can't easily uninstall sophos agent trial. this is not the way you promote your product. I'm disappointed user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.