Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Events report - make it clearer why events have been logged for web control events

At the moment event log entries are truncated, and often the important information is obscured so that you have to hover the mouse over to see the details.

It would be useful if the width of the column could be increased.

The view I need to look at most often is the web control view, and it would be very useful if it was easier to distinguish between category blocks (with an indication of the category) and malware blocks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Events report - don't automatically load events

The Events Report view is very slow to open because it tries to load all events.

If it defaulted to having no filters selected, the user experience would be improved because it would open much faster and then you could select the filters you wanted. At the moment you have to wait for it to load, and then deselect all filters, and then select the ones you want, and then wait again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Role Management using Active Directory Groups

It would be good if administrative access can be provided based on existing Active Directory Groups as well as individual users. We usually setup and manage groups from AD to delegate permissions to systems. At the moment I see we can only add individual users one at a time. This makes automation tasks when new admins start and leave or change role slightly out of sync with other processes. So if you could add the functionality to add AD groups as admins that would be appreciated.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Computer search limitations

Allow computer search on any part of the computer name. Our computers are named my department/division, OS and the last four of the property tag. We don't always know what the machine name is but can always get the tag number. Moving from an on premise where we heavily used this feature to the cloud where we are unable to search using this information is disappointing.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Send messages to managed machines

I would like the ability to send ad-hoc messages to my endpoints.

For example, if a machine has an alert or bad status, i would like to filter my computers in the management console and send a message the presents a toast notification to the end user, prompting them to restart the device.

Having custom notifications is great but i would like to schedule these and send these to a select audience, i.e. when a machine has a bad status.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Filtering and ordering of object lists in Sophos Central.

Feature Request: Please allow more options around list filtering/ordering when viewing endpoints and users. Currently the limitation on only filtering/ordering specific fields like 'name' means that manipulation of objects is extremely limited. Case in point: I wish to remove several thousand endpoints that have not checked in in 2+months due to a laptop hardware refresh. There is no option to order the device list by 'last checked in', and define # of records viewed (50, 100, 200 etc). This slows down volume administration tasks to the point where it takes en extremely long period of time to accomplish a simple…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. exclude events

It would be very useful if we could exclude certain events from being logged.

e.g. my laptop endpoints may log hundreds of "Peripheral allowed: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260". If I could have an option to suppress this from being logged, it would make viewing event logs easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enterprise Policy

It#s a really good Dashboard. So I got lots of requests for a Default Policy to deploy this to all sub estates.
    Thanks!

Roman

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Email Customizations

Hello!
    We would like to request another feature of customizing email alerts/rules. While we understand that alerts are important, we don't really need to be sending all of them to everyone that is in any role.

As an example, our IT Field Engineers (ITFE) are on our Service Desk role within Sophos. They are receiving alerts for the entire company. When you're receiving several alerts per day and they don't pertain to your 'region' - they get ignored. After so long you stop paying attention to them (I myself will admit to this behavior).

Basically, we're looking for a way…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. select multiple computers or users to add to a Group

In the web console, I need the ability to select multiple computers (or multiple users) to add them to a Group -- the number of clicks that takes now, per computer is really onerous.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Complicated

Overly complicated - I have no idea how to set up and use your software

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sites are too hard to "allow" for users.

We have Sophos Central. We continue to have issues with sites that are "Allowed" still not displaying correctly. Have been told that each underling individual image path has to be added as an approved site. Some sites have dozens if not more image links to other domains. This would be way to time consuming. Don’t understand why we can’t have an “Allow” for a site, for all users, and be done with it! We have had multiple tickets open and no real hope of seeing any improvement.

I was told by tech this is a common complaint and I should…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Can't uninstalled

Having experienced compatibility problems with endpoint I have uninstalled it yet it is a zombie program that has reinstalled itself. I can see that this may appear to be protection but genuine user removal should be effective. I have raised a support ticket to deal with this but there needs to be easy to find instruction on your site to remove unwanted Sophos products. There is no uninstall link in Dashboard! Why not? I can't see a close account link either.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Kritische E-Mail

Wäre es möglich eine kritische Mail raus zu senden, wenn z.B. binnen 10 Min 10 Rechner infiziert wurden oder eine PUA erkannt wurde? Sprich das man den Personenkreis bei einem größeren Ausmaß erst erweitert?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. auto refresh for dashboard

missing an automatic refresh or a refresh button for the dashboard .

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Show more server details to add to groups

server groups with servers of the same name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Feature request for exclusion type display

I would like to request that exclusions for Detected exploits be displayed in the exclusions tab on individual endpoints. as of right now these type of exclusions do not show here so you cannot determine if they are applied without going and checking the systems registry file. For reference this is mentioned in the following Sophos case # 7303250

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Site navigation improvement

In the Dashboard, there is a report that shows the number of protected machines or not protected machines. Wish those icons were hyperlinks to the lists they report; thus if I see 100 protected machines in the dashboard, one click would bring to that list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Additional Report

Create a report of what machines have updated with what update cache server ?

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. SAML

Would like to see SAML supported as an Authentication Method on the Cloud Portal. This is a very basic part of removing Administrative Access to management portals for internal/external audits.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.