Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Event Logging for Exploit Mitigation Needed

Exploit Mitigation is not being logged in the Events. No way to identify an existing issue with Sophos Central Endpoint , Exploit Mitigation and Internet Explorer and Adobe Flash Player with dinput8.dll. Had to figure out using Sophos Community. Please add event logging for Exploit Mitigiation features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. trigger reinstall/repair from console

Would be very handy to have some way to push a install/repair to a client device.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sync Computer Objects & OU Structure from Active Directory

Enable the Sync of Computer Objects and OU Structure from Active Directory as this would be beneficial from a management perspective.

This was previously a feature of the on-premise Sophos Enterprise Console and it's very much missed.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. move computers between customers

There should be an option to move a PC from one customer group to another. Re-installing should not be the only option.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Block the Extension of chrome by policy Extension of chrome

Option Block the Extension of chrome by policy Extension of chrome.

Without this functionality the web control policy is useless, because for example with the extension ultrasurf installed any user navigates without restrictions.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Role Based Administration by Product

There are a number of ideas around Role Based Administration already but in addition to these it would be very useful to be able to create roles that only have access to certain products within Sophos Central.

We currently have the Endpoint Protection, Server Protection and Sophos Mobile products and it there is a requirement to provide admin access to the Server Protection product only and for other admins to have access to the Endpoint Protection & Sophos Mobile only.

In addition and as per previous suggestions it would be useful to also be able to;
    - Link Sophos Central…

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Transfer between US and EU Datacenters

Since in Europe and especially Germany there are some major data protection laws in effect, that create the necessity to store all files possibly affected by these laws at any time on EU or german servers it should be possible to migrate from US to EU to comply to these laws.

Even if, as a result, the customer has to loose some features.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. API token Renewal Via API

Make an API call capable of renewing the current API key to prevent API token expiration when it is being used for continuous log collection.

We manage a large number of Sophos Central accounts and the process of renewing tokens could be greatly simplified if we did not have to log in to each account via the partner portal in order to renew keys as they come up for expiration.

30 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Ability to email reports automatically

automatically delivered reports via email

We need the ability to automatically deliver reports via email, as a CSV or PDF. This is so we can compare the list of managed computers against the active directory so we can generate a list of unmanaged computers

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Unmanaged systems report

Unmanaged systems report.

We want to be able to see the systems that does not currently run Sophos on them (unmanaged) but exist in Active Directory as a computer.

Sophos is uniquely positioned to provide that report as you have our AD data and as well as the list of systems on which Sophos is installed.

This is a critical feature that every organisation needs and it is vital for the security posture.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Alert user reboot required after software update is pending

I can see a lot of computers have "Reboot required after software update" alert in the Sophos Central. However, users never get any notifications about the required restart.

Can you modify the user interface such that user will get notification about the restart every 30 minutes, then every 20 minutes, then every 10 minutes and then every 5 minutes?

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking at changes to help avoid large numbers of reboot related alerts. This work is not yet planned, so I can’t provide a date, but the proposed implementation would be as below.

For urgent reboots, e.g. to complete removal of a competitor product being replaced, users will see a notification immediately.

For non-urgent reboots (i.e. where protection is maintained), users will not see a reboot for the first 2 weeks (typically they will reboot in this time anyway, e.g. for windows updates).

If not rebooted for 2 weeks they will see a notification they can dismiss.

The reboot notification be persistent on an endpoint; it will require acknowledgement by the user to clear it. We would expect to have a registry key to be able to prevent this behaviour for systems like shop tills, advertising displays and so on.

If a further week goes by without a reboot…

12. Include Windows 10 Build Version on Devices Page

Please include the Windows 10 build version on the Devices > Computers page in Sophos Central. It would be helpful to be able to see if any builds are outdated and insecure.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Mac users reported as local rather than domain-based in Sophos Central

I noticed that the Mac Sophos client reports domain users as local users in Sophos Central. For example my windows client shows me as DOMAIN\jcarney whereas the Mac client shows me as COMPUTERNAME\jcarney

Not a major issue, but it means that my Mac and Windows devices are listed under 2 separate users.

I can confirm that I use domain credentials to access my Mac computer.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SPF

SPF on Central Email is missing a critical feature (emails blocked due to SPF are NOT LOGGED!!!).

Central email can finally be set to do SPF checks however there is NO LOGGING or reporting of emails that are rejected/blocked due to SPF FAILS - this detail is simply missing so it is not possible for Central Email customers to determine what emails have been rejected due to SPF FAILS!
    This means that you could come up to Central Email because a client has complained that they sent an email which we didnt respond to, never received - we could search…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Thanks for implementing wildcard device name search

Yay, suggested a feature recently for Sophos Central (do a wildcard search in device search box). Checked today, and the feature is there! Works really well.

Responsive service from Sophos; too often suggestions to software vendors are just ignored IME. Not in this case.

Thanks very much, folks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Can't whitelist web sites that are CNAMEs

At the moment you cannot "whitelist" a web site URL that is an "alias" (CNAME), you have to whitelist the name that it points to. This applies to Global Exclusions and Policy Exclusions.

However, if the CNAME points (for example) at the AWS S3 bucket host (e.g. "s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com") you end up whitelisting any website that uses an S3 bucket! I have a ticket open for this and it's taken five and a half months before someone could tell me why it doesn't work B-((

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sophos Central Enterprise MFA

We use the Sophos Central Enterprise to administer several Sub-Estates. We also use DUO for our MFA solution corporate wide. However, since the inclusion of Google Authenticator MFA I can can't turn this off at the Enterprise Console level. I have logged a ticket with support and they mention that they have no plans to change this. I understand that if I just have one Estate that I can disable it, but if I manage multiple sub-estates I cannot. This seems to be a very poorly planned MFA implementation, I am not forced to use Google Authenticator with no other…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. More info

It would be great if in the devices menu there was a column where the problem of that computer is shown.(sevice, threat, etc...)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tools for cleaning up the device and user database

Tools for keeping the user and device database clean are sorely needed. Currently there is no way to remove multiple inactive users or devices. Each must be removed individually, a horribly inefficient way of cleaning up the database. Even better still would be an automated process that examines the user & device database and automatically removes inactive accounts, based on administrator criteria. For example, I'd like to be able to configure the management portal to automatically remove any user account that has been inactive for 30 days or more. The same could be said for inactive devices - clean 'em…

21 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Have a countdown timer advising when you will auto log people out of Sophos Central

Have a countdown timer advising when you will auto log people out of Sophos Central.

Ironically... I was logged out when entering this feedback (attempt 1)!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.