Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Server Version Information

It would be really good to be able to see a list of what versions are installed on which servers.
    It would also be good if I could find a list of server version components I should have installed on my servers.

8 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Exemption interface and filters

Hi Team

When editing a "Peripheral Control: Device" > adding a Exemption could we have filtering options for each header.

Once an Exemption has been added can we have a comments box (free text) for personal notes on each exemption?

Once Exemptions are added the columns are fixed so some text is not visible.

Regards
    Arran

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Web Gateway Reporting by Browse Time per user

Currently there is no reporting available that shows how long a user has been browsing the internet, or particular websites, or categories. This was previously available with the Sophos Endpoint Protection Console.
    I have been running web usage reports for years at the request of management and this is by far the most common type of report that is requested. They are not concerned about data usage etc. Plese vote for this and help us all!

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Specify Email Alert Severity and/or Type

We would like to specify the level of severity, or type of alert in which administrators are notified. For instance, in our environment, system administrators do not need to know that an end user needs to restart their workstation after an upgrade, but they do need to know when an upgrade fails or to clean up malware on a server.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. DLP limitation - need to be able to save files directly to removable media

Regarding limitation as per https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/123771
    Need to be able to save files directly to removable media, otherwise cannot use DLP feature at all.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. notes

For Sophos Central Partner -- It would be handy to have a small note field next to each firewall that is listed (Where it lists the customer, serial, and licensing)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Web Control category - cloud storage

Please add a web category for cloud storage providers i.e. dropbox,box,google drive etc.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Add mass delete option to Computer, Server, and User reports

Please, PLEASE change the User Report, Computer Report, and Server Report pages and make it possible to mass delete all inactive accounts at once, rather than having to go through them one-by-one. I., like many other administrators (as evidenced by the conversations in the forums) like to keep my accounts clean and get rid of all the inactive accounts on a regular basis. Having to do them one-by-one is VERY time consuming, especially since Sophos added the second confirmation box (a step BACKWARDS in terms of time efficiency).

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Training questions modifications

It would be very helpful to be able to edit the questions at the end of Phish Threat Training modules to more closely match the training provided.
    The Physical Security and Data Protection training has a question about VPN, but VPN is not one of the topics covered in the video training. We would like to be able to edit or remove this question.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phish Threat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Website Category Lookup Tool

There really should be a URL Website Category tool built into the Web Protection page since Sophos Categories are not easily recognized for particular sites that we are looking to whitelist.

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. api sub estates

Currently a unique API Key is needed for each sub estate. I'd like to have a solution to be created. If an organization has more than one sub-estate the creation and maintenance of those keys is a burden.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. IRRITATING

It would be nice if the link to delete the account existed.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Change the user search

I want to create 2 groups. One for all users a-j, the second for users k-z. Having to select 25 users at a time for the first group is tedious, but the real problem is in order to select k-z, I must scroll though all users a-j, every time to add the next 25 users. This is a complete joke and makes it impossible to create the second group.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Advise users when an update is occurring

I have a lot of remote/roaming users, who have no idea that their machine is performing a software update. As such, it is not unusual for them to suspend/hibernate/shutdown their laptops mid update, which leaves the software in a non-working state and requires manual intervention from the Service Desk team. Advising that user that an update is in progress would be beneficial.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Suggestions for improvement for Peripheral control policy

Suggestions for improvement for Peripheral control policy:
    - option to export the "Peripheral Exemptions" list to csv
    - filter options in "Peripheral Exemptions"
    - sorting options in "Peripheral Exemptions"
    - sorting options in "Add Peripheral Exemptions"
    - add filter type Computer to "Add Peripheral Exemptions"
    - allow the user to resize the window, so that I can read the complete field
    - allow to filter by time for a date and time range

86 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Need the ability to create custom roles

I REALLY need the ability to have more access roles that are more targeted. I have users I want to delete computer from Sophos, but I DON'T want them to have the ability to see policies. There's nothing between Help Desk and Admin that's appropriate. Need the ability to create custom roles and badly!

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Quarantine digest needs to be configurable to send more than once per day

Sophos Central's Email Gateway Policy's should allow for more configure options in regards to email messages that are quarantined. Currently, it is not possible to configure the quarantine notification that goes out to all users more than once a day. We are requesting that an enhancement be programmed into the rules for quarantined messages notification allow customers to setup notifications more than once a day. Additionally, some users may want notifications as the messages are quarantined based upon the reason category, or for all categories regardless. Receiving digest emails of messages caught in quarantine sometimes 24 hours after a message…

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. phish threat suggestions

Phish threat: It should allow you to send e-mails in a random order (it always seems to go alphabetically). Also, would be good to have the ability to only send e-mails during specified (business) hours. An e-mail at 3am is more obviously fake/spam.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. tracking Sophos endpoint modifications/changes to application and services

We have seen a number of endpoints where Sophos Central has reported that services are stopped or missing and are unable to determine who is making the changes or when they are occurring.

request a RFP to be created to request that Sophos incorporate some sort of detailed logging features that tracks who is attempting to make changes/modify the AV program and services.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. End user whitelist/block

It would be great if end users could manage their own allow/block list in their quarantine. I know I can set a allow globally, but there are some of users who want some emails and others who don't. So allowing it globally sends it to all. If a end user could add their own block/allow this would make this issue non-existent.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.