Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Display message on Admin portal when a support ticket was submitted

Good day, please can you build in an option to give feedback when a request for Support is created from the Sophos Central Admin page that a message is displayed on the screen informing the user that a ticket was created / submitted and to await for e-mail confirmation?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Refresh the lists.

Whilst looking at lists of Servers, PC, or Users it would be good to have a refersh button to refresh the list rather than having to refresh the broswer each time, then having to naviage to the right place or enter search filters again

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Appying server groups to each server is tedious

When adding 200 servers to the Sophos Cloud console, it is very very very very tedious having to go in to each server, update the policy group I want applie, wait for it, come out, then do all over again.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Search box needs enhancing

When using the search in server protection (or PC protection) it would be good if it search any string within the server name and not just the first characters. IE our naming convention is xxxMSGxxx for eaxchange servers. The first * is the Jurisdiction. If we could search for msg it would return all MSG servers

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Document clickonce allow policy

It would help to have a document explaining Microsoft Click Once installers and how to craft a policy for InterceptX to allow MS .application packages to run safely.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Add an option to strip "Friendly" names from From and Reply To headers

Many of the phishing emails we receive say they are from a familiar name, but the email address doesn't match the name. I am trying to get my users to check the Reflexion footer to see the real email address, but users don't do what you tell them... I would like the option in Reflexion to strip this "Friendly" name out of the From and Reply To headers before the users ever see the email.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. slow installation

speed up installation of client.

the installation using the new auto updating client takes entirely too long, clocking over 1 hour on installations on new machines.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Fix your product

Please fix your product. Why do services don't install when we install Sophos on a clean machine? This has happened multiple times now where when we go to install Sophos, it for some reason does not install Update services. In this case we have to completely uninstall and reinstall. We pray that it completes the install the second time around. Also please move your new installs to better servers. It takes over 10 minutes to install an Anti-virus.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. rca

Enable RCA for servers and ensure cryptoguard events are logged in detail.

Also add the details that are logged into the server windows event log in the Sophos Central logs. Currently the useful information is logged in the windows event log and what is logged in Sophos Central is useless.

See case #7899758 for further detailed info.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Peripheral Management / Exceptions UI enhacements

Please could you contact Clive.Crocker@cmc.uk.com to advise if you received the extensive Feedback I thought I provided about the Peripheral Management? It looks likely I did something in the UK and lost the typing without it being submitted.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sophos Rollback Migration Script - Inslude Intercept-X and Sophos Clean

Can the Sophos Migration Rollback script be modified to include the Intercept-X and Sophos Clean Product IDs please KBA https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/122211

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Controlled Application Whitelisting from Events Report

I would like to be able to white-list applications in the Controlled Application monitoring list from within the Global and computer specific Events Reports.

As is, I need to separately keep track of the applications I want to default-allow, and then go back to the policy to find each and deselect it.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Email Reporting would be great.

Ability to send email reports and notifications when a user accesses a bad site.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Roles for the Sophos Central Partner Portal

Configurable roles in the Sophos Central Partner Portal.

We need to be able to add engineers who can administer our customers Sophos Central whilst stopping them from creating Trials, etc.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Check Mac Encryption Status More Frequently

One issue we have in our organization with Sophos Central Encryption is that there isn't a way for us to have the Macs encrypted until after the user logs in and enters their password in the prompt. Many users are postponing the prompt, and then we need to reach out to the user to enter their password and not keep postponing it. The issue is that when a user does postpone it, it only comes back about once a day or if they reboot the computer. It would be nice to have this pop-up every hour so it essentially keeps…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Device Encryption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Change the name of the email sent for Sophos Endpoint Protection installer

When setting up Sophos Endpoint Protection for our new users, we send the email directly from Sophos, including a link to install Sophos for their device.

This email comes from "do-not-reply" and is generally ignored during computer setup unless we encourage new users to install it looking specifically for this email.

I would suggest allowing Sophos admins to customize the name their email comes from, or simply changing "do-not-reply" to something actually noticeable like "Sophos Security"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ampliar periodo de prueba sobre Sophos Central

Me podrían ampliar el periodo de prueba de SOPHOS Central se lo agradecería, no he podido practicar sobre el producto lo suficiente.

Reciban un cordial saludo.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Barcode Scanning of Recovery Key

When displaying an encryption recovery key, it would be useful to have a barcode displayed that we can use instead of typing the code manually. This would allow us to plug a barcode scanner into the target computer and just scan the code.

This is used in Cauliflower Vest https://github.com/google/cauliflowervest

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Encryption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Please email the partners with information when Reflexion is down

This morning all of our clients could not access the Reflexion login page to allow specific senders or access quarantine. We would like to be notified if some of your services are in a degraded state that could affect either us or our clients. An email would suffice, just to let us know that our clients may be experiencing issues with access to their quarantine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Notify end user of need to restart after update

Good Day,

I use Sophos Central Admin. Lately I have noticed that updates frequently require a restart to complete. I have no means to enforce this restart short of sending an email request...
    It would be convenient to be able to send a notification through the client or otherwise have the client notify the end user that the computer needs to be restarted.

Thank you,
    Roger

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.