Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Create a version of SophosZap.exe in .dmg form for uninstalls on Macs

Thank you for releasing the Sophos internal removal tool, SophosZap.exe! It has made uninstalls when issues occur so much easier. Now we need a version for when Macs have similar issues and have components not responding leading to a full uninstall/reinstall. Please, oh please!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID - Old - Do not use Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID - Old - Do not use Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Allow installation of a Message Relay without installing Update Cache

Currently we have to install an Update Cache if we want to install a Message Relay. The installation of a Message Relay should NOT depend on Update Cache installation. We would like to run a Message Relay without having an Update Cache on same server.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Set group membership on Golden Image

Sophos provides a script for maintaining a Golden Image for cloned computers. It would helpful if the device group membership could be set on the disk image. This way cloned computers would automatically being assigned to a Server group in Sophos Central. My proposal is to add a value in config file, similar to the "registrationtoken" value in the SophosGoldImagePrep script.

https://sophserv.sophos.com/repo_kb/120560/file/SophosGoldImagePrep.txt

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add User - Automatically Add Mailbox in Central Email

When adding a new user manually, in the overview area for example, there should be an option (tick-box?) for adding him a mailbox within Central Email automatically.
    Of course then the "Email adress" field, in the wizard is mandatory.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Block emails by keywords

I would love to be able to (for example) block all emails that reference "iTunes cards" or other key words. we don't use gift cards. we had someone fall for the 'buy the iTunes cards and send me the codes' scam from someone who merely spoofed the name of one of our executives. Proofpoint gave me that capability.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. admin

Running malware in quarantine or cleanup failure
    If there is no action to take the central alert should clear please.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Anpassung Events XG Management Site to Site

Es geht um Sophos Central Management und XG. Man kann zwar die Email-Benachrichtigung bezüglich der Konnektivität der Site to Site Connection der XG einstellen, leider werden in Central die Alarme trotzdem mit den Meldungen vollgespamt. Ich habe hier keine Möglichkeit (weder auf Central noch auf der XG) diese Events dauerhaft zu anerkennen. Nachdem die VPN-Tunnel sich sowieso regelmäßig "re-keyen" brauchts hier nicht jedes mal einen EVent, dass der Tunnel kurz weg war. Bitte dringend überarbeiten.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Ability to stop/terminate/quit applications and services

It should be possible to stop / terminate services and the complete application itself, both remotely and locally. Whether Windows updates will again cause unpredictable behavior, or specific software will not work properly due to endpoint protection, stopping services & applications should be made possible, e.g. by a temporary password for the user himself, as well as for the administrator via Sophos Central.

I rely here on a previous thread of mine: https://community.sophos.com/products/intercept/f/information/119138/how-to-quit-on-mac-os/

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sophos Connect (Remote Access IPsec) Notification

Please allow option to disable notification for Sophos Connect up/down status. Separate the notification for remote access IPsec from site to site IPsec. In general, I believe status of site to site IPsec is important however the same cannot be said about remote access IPsec.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sophos setup

Hi there,
    Can I install Sophos in my Android mobile phone through Sophos Central?
    Thanks for your guidance.
    Regards,
    Hisham

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. AD Sync

We have multipe Sub-Estates configured in our Enterprise Sophos Central console. We sync each sub-estate to different OUs in our Active Directory domain. Each sub-estate requires its own instance of ADSync and each instance of AD Sync requires its own Server. I have 6 sub-estates, i require 6 servers to run AD Syncs. AD Sync should be enhanced to configure multiple domain/sub-estate pairs so that one instance of AD Sync can synchronize multiple Sub-Estates.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Ability to Permanently dismiss alerts at top of Sophos window

Can we please have the ability to permanently dismiss alerts up the top of the Sophos central window.

Having to dismiss messages like "Server 2003 support has ended" and "your trial is expiring in X days/expired" is becoming very frustrating.

Working from my laptop these alerts are taking 25% of my screen and i have to dismiss them every time I log in.

How long are we going to be reminded about 2003 support being ended?

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Controlled Updates

Allow us to use predefined groups (Server Groups, Computer Groups) for Controlled Updates. This would be especially helpful for Servers. Because of our Change Management policies, I have to do updates to Non Prod first. Only after that change is completed successfully can I then do updates to Prod. There are several problems with the current system:
    1) I have to manually add each server into the Test computers section in Controlled Updates
    2) After performing a change, I need to remove all the Non Prod servers from the Test Computers section. Otherwise the next time there is a Sophos…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. autotask

AutoTask PSA integration; Currently it only does license usages but I would like if it can does alerting as well. As an MSP, it'd would be great to get that in place

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Time of Click Protection window translation

Time of click Window alert can be customized (in the settings) , but not all the Window.
    English is kept for the rest of the window .

Platinium customer request a Full translation of the window ("Warning , this site may contain malicious content etc..." ) in French .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Option to better administer endpoint protection

URGENT REQUEST: Please add the ability to block a file by name or hash, this is important for us the customer to be pro-active.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Turn off blocked application notifications on-access

Our application control policies blocks controlled applications on-access, which we want, but it creates a popup that notifies users which we do not want. Can a way be created to block controlled applications on access without a popup notification to them? This existed in Sophos on-prem and I would really like to see it here so as to stop bothering users.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Filter Azure Sync

I recently configured Azure AD Sync to take advantage of our Azure directory. I found that you cannot filter the sync on anything and that all user accounts (disabled, resources, etc.) are imported. This makes things messy and cumbersome to administer. Please work on a way to filter the Azure sync.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Custom email alerting

Email alerting is not truly by product and there seems to be some sort of hierarchy designed when using custom rules. Please update to have just alerts for certain products to go out to certain email addressed. I've been told multiple companies are having this issue and it is restricting the roll out of this product .

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.