Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. sophos central email reports and logs to generate via backend for email authentication error

Hello Team,

We have customer here requesting to have reports or logs to be generated via back end for email authentication error under Sophos Central Email Gateway

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: sso facebook google
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AI security advisor

most security problems are based in human errors. Not all IT-Staff from all small or mid sized cooperation's can be expert in everything and see every flaw in his or her security plan or implementation. So it would be very grate (if the technology is ready to do it probably) to have an AI security advisor with which you can actually talk (or chat) that views through your concept and scans your network (using sophos ums or so) and tells you what you've done wrong or have to improve and also helps you in designing new systems...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. et us change the Event column width.

when vieweing events on a computer and an event description is very long (such as a DLP message). The 'Details' button/link is hidden all the way off to the right and it's pretty horrible trying to click the correct 'Details' button. The column width should be able to be changed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. User free automated instalation and enrolment of sophos central mdm on windows laptops

It would be useful to be able to push out and enrol Sophos MDM on windows laptops with zero user touch via script etc

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Phish Threat errors

There needs to be a way to manage a campaign after it has begun. Currently, I cannot see how they are configured once started, and you should be able to make a change to a setting after you have started. If there was someone left out or a option may have been chosen wrong, you have no choice but to end the campaign and start again. Very disappointing version of the product.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phish Threat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sophos Central Audit Logs Retention

We need audit logs for at least 12 months. If retention cannot be extended to this period, it would at least be useful if we could automated or schedule the export to a secure FTP server or email

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. MSP - Select Endpoint License

We need more flexibility to choose more than one type of Endpoint product. For example, the possibility of choosing the 3 products at the same time
    Intercept X Advance EDR, Intercept X Advance, Endpoint Protection

(Menu Select Endpoint License)

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124578

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Sophos Central Mobile Apple DEP

For DEP the LDAP must be released for Sync to Central. This currently does not work with the AD-Sync tool.

It would be nicer if this works with the AD-Tool.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Mobile Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Training Material

These Ninjio videos in Phish Threat are terrible. Please add more interactive, single screen and art animated videos. Ninjio looks like Anime videos and seems unprofessional.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phish Threat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Dashboard > Endpoint Computer Status

It would be useful if, on the Dashboard, on the Endpoint Computer Activity status, to be able to click on a section of the chart to see which devices fall into any categories. For instance, mine currently stations that I have "6 Inactive 2+ Weeks". It'd be useful to click on a link to quickly see which stations those were.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Report / log when Tamper Protection is disabled on endpoint

Request ability to alert, list/report on all endpoints that have Tamper Protection disabled.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Whitelist default Microsoft directories in Sophos Central EndPoint Protection

Hi there

Other AV vendors whitelist all the default Microsoft directories that Microsoft recommend be excluded from AV scanning etc. It would be very time efficient and appropriate for Sophos to auto whitelist the standard Microsoft directories. Sophos do it for SQL Server and Exchange but not for Hyper V or domain controllers or standard desktop/laptop operating systems. Why is this?

I spent three hours adding exclusions (via the add another button) and then when I had them all added I clicked save and Sophos Central logged me out and didn't save any - even though I had been working…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. alerts dashboard some services are not running

seems like in July 2018 we stopped receiving and see alerts for missing services on devices.
    I do understand that's because there was a lot of false positive alerts but when services are not running that's mean the machine isn't protected for a specific threat.
    I think that we should have a notification center that we will be able to control what notification we would like to get will be amazing and will solve both problems for users that getting false positive and also will serve the users that would like to know when a service isn't running.
    the other…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. size

The email size limit in Email Gateway is 50Mb. This is restrictive in some instances and users should be able to increase this limit in their environment. to 100Mb for example.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Search filter

Very incompetent Sophos.. How does the search filter work? I search for the first name and result comes back with 4 entries. When I put in the whole email address, I get pages of entries. Please clarify.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search from dashboard

I'd like to be able to search from the dashboard for either a user, device or server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Seperate Proxy and Translator policy

Webcontrol Policy: Separate Anonymizer Proxy from Translators

We have to manually add Proxy sites top the webcontrol exclusions area. On Sophos SEC it is separate and proxy can be blocked in one go, without stopping translators.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. sophos central email reports for email authentication error

Hello Team,

We have customer here requesting to have reports for email authentication error under Sophos Central Email Gateway

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Send an alert when a server fails to register with Sophos Central

We were seeing an issue with cloned devices that weren't listed in in Sophos Central. It turns out that there were some servers trying to connect with duplicate endpoint IDs (causing the server to send back a 401 error). We can resolve this with a change to our process for creating and deploying instances so that each one registers with a unique endpoint ID. It would be better, though, if we could also get an alert when this happens. As of now, if any server is not following the process for deploying servers from gold images, we won't know unless…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Pheripheral control for I/O devices, like cameras and mics.

It would be nice to be able to control all peripheral devices, not just those that fall into a certain category. Specifically would like to control I/O devices like cameras, mics, keyboards, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.