Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Sophos Home Beta - Window Outlining & Frame Effect

One notable feature of Sophos Home is window outline and framing, for example, when it encrypts keystrokes. (Or when a program is opened.) While this is cool at first, it can cause issues with a small number of applications. (Some were they don't use the standard Chrome, for instance.)

I am suggesting that maybe some preferences for toggling this behavior on/off should be added.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. GUI interface lacks functionality for a large enterprise

I'm not exactly clear on why Sophos has chosen to use cute statements on the last update or access to Sophos. In the GUI, it will say 7 minutes or 7 months, instead of the actual date and time. There are also no bulk delete operations for "I would like to delete all computers that have not been active for X amount of time. Would make this click fantastic interface actually useful.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3. IP Address in computers list

I would like to see the IP address view option in the computers section under Endpoint Protection

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sophos for Virtual Environments (ESXi)

Sophos for Virtual Environments (ESXi) should NOT require a vCenter management server to install. We have a large number of small clients that could benefit from this application but are unable to install directly on their ESXi host that is not connected to vSphere

Matt Granzow
    mgranzow@sourceonetechnology.com

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    Under Review  ·  Mark Toshack responded

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your submission – I have logged your request in our internal system, it is something we would like to address.
    If its status changes I will let you know.

Thanks

Mark

5. licencias

buenos dias

quiero saber como podemos hacer para dar de baja a varias licencias de sophos en algunas computadora que ya no están en uso en la asegura y poder instalarlo en otras que se les ha cambiado el sistema operativo. mi consulta se debe a que ya excedimos las licencias contratadas con ustedes y hay varias licencias que no se estan utilizando .

atentamente

Stanley Mendizabal
    depto de informatica

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. can not uninstall product.

please make uninstallation easier, this is a trial version, not a production. I will not recommend this product if they can't easily uninstall sophos agent trial. this is not the way you promote your product. I'm disappointed user.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. make the white list principle also work for spoof protection

With referral to ticket #7361884 it would be useful if one could whitelist e.g. postmaster@domain.com (for domain.com). Whitelisting works for spam but not for spoofing.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Add "Comment" Section to exceptions

Add "Comment" Section to Peripheral Control exceptions and i.e. PUA exceptions to allow somments like "Admins iPhone" or "psKIll.exe is needed on this server for script..."

16 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Update Whitelist to include exemptions for Spoof Protection

Currently the whitelist will only exempt a domain from being caught as spam.
    Some 3rd party cloud reporting software legitimately spoof your domain to send you reports, these trigger the Spoof protection and the only options you have are to Tag, quarantine or delete... Users want to receive these emails without being tagged or quarantined.

Can you update the Whitelist to have an option to exclude senders from Spoof Protection.

14 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Spracheinstellung Webseite

Webseitensprache stellt sich automatisch von Deutsch auf Englisch zurück und muss immer wieder neu eingestellt werden.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Role customization

Please create a feature that allows for custom security roles to be created, and/or for the existing default roles to be customized so we can better determine who receives notifications or restrict access to users.

37 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Request to whitelist via ip address in Sophos Central Email Gateway

Customer is requesting for an option to whitelist via ip address in Sophos Central Email Gateway

40 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Web Protection

create safe search filtering in the Web Protection area for things like google safe search and bing!!!!!!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Central endpoint - enforce proxy route via wpad for updates

Central endpoint update configuration will currently read a wpad file and see proxy settings, however if there is more than one route it will take the most direct one with no facility to force the traffic via specific routes / proxies, see sanitized log output below.

The system sees the proxy settings from the wpad but then still goes direct without the proxy as that is most direct route, we need to be able to set the route for this update traffic.

=================================
    [ 1760] INFO WindowsProxyDiscoveryWrapper::GetDefaultProxyConfiguration WinHttp default proxy not set
    [ 3456] INFO WindowsProxyDiscoveryWrapper::GetProxyForUrl WinHttp discovered proxies "PROXYFQDN:3128" …

38 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add totals to exported reports

Under Logs and Reports, Then Computers. The live report shows totals at the top of the report. When exported to a PDF or a CSV there are no totals included. I need this to be included for audit purposes. Please give me a call if you need further details. Thanks! Russ Gentry 828-989-3124

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Ability to add new Roles or edit existing Roles

It would be useful to be able to add custom Roles under Role Management, or be able to amend the existing roles (such as Super Admin, Admin, Help Desk or Read-only).

58 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Allow reporting and alerting on Ingress/Egress Direction in DLP Alerts

Currently the DLP capability of the client does not provide any information on whether a event is considered ingress or egress.

I would like to see reporting and alerting by user on files that have been transmitted out of the org, as this is where a breach may occur.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Lockdown for Clients OS

Hi All,
    the lockdown feature works well but at the moment can protect only Server OS. In some environments (banks, hospitals, public sector) there are some departments where lockdown faeture can be useful to better protect workstations. Using GPO to whitelist applications require a lot of time. It would be nice to have such a feature even on Clients OS. Thanks

26 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Check and Uncheck Boxes

Please add check all/uncheck all top end radio boxes to the Sophos Central panels. Alerts currently you have to check each individually. There is no way to select all. This seems to be an issue throughout Sophos Central. Some pages have the check/uncheck all at the top and others don't. Just looking for some consistency. Thanks.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Endpoint Download Possible Virus

When downloading the Sophos Endpoint for Windows I got a possible error from my virus scans.
    I use Metadefender for small downloads on Chrome.
    Filseclab
    1359 ms
    Jun 13 2017 (1 day ago)
    This was the result of the scan.
    W32.Vittalia.R.dmdp.mg

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.