Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Give me usefull information please

On the Dashboard, it shows the number of Web Threats Blocked, Policy Violations Blocked, etc. When I click one, it shows me that a user, on a computer, did something. I would probably like to know what they did, when they did it, and what I can do about it. In it's present form, this is useless information, and does not make me feel safer.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Painful GUI

I am just setting up my central.sophos.com environment, after being an Enterprise Console user. We have many many alerts showing, and I have to click each and every checkbox to select and acknowledge them. Can't there be a quicker method, like select all? or multi select?

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. SAV version via central console

old version to new version in central.... please state the versions we are on and going to... very misleading and as an admin I need to know what I am on and what is current with out having to hunt down

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

4. False Positive

http://www.oxid.it/cain.html is not a virus, nor infected by one. My ESET virus scanner used to often "detect" it as such, but finally even ESET confirmed it isnt (a virus or infected with one).

Is there a way to have SOPHOS accept my Cain & Able, and stop deleting it?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Central admin: Ability to configure Event collection, retention, and clearing

Feature requests for Central admin:
    Ability to configure event collection, retention, and clearing
    Thanks!

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 4 suggestions

Feature requests for Central admin:
    1) Role management to include editing or creating user roles
    2) ability to customize alerts - levels when sent and who they are sent to (not all admins need an alert when a computer hasn't checked in)
    3) Ability to configure event collection, retention, and clearing
    4) Ability to trigger reinstallation on failed installs from management console (the deployment process should be easier)

Thanks!

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Don't change the cursor on login

Why does the cursor change when you click login to "Unavailable"? What is this, 1998?

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. first console menu on login

would like to be able to click on these to show me what computers fall in these.

51 Active
    38 Inactive 2+ Weeks
    31 Inactive 2+ Months
    3 Not Protected

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Queued and fail PUP/PUA cleanup actions should log each action.

When a Sohpos Central User queues an action for cleanup it should be easily visible in the logs and reports section under PUA. A log should be written on failed cleanup as well.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Sophos Updates cause errors to be logged.

It appears that every time Sophos updates itself I get 'noise' in my log that 'Realtime Protection is Disabled' immediately followed by 'Realitime Protection is Enabled'. This causes us to ignore these errors completely. Since this is your program and your logging system, could you please change this to indicate that your update is causing this and it's not an error? Thank you!

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow Non 'Super Admin' to relese/delete Emails in Quarantine

For users that I want to be able to monitor and action items within the Email quarantine when I am away, I have to give them 'Super Admin' role, otherwise they cannot release or delete.

Please grant release and delete privileges to 'Helpdesk' role.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Ability to create a Phish Threat only Admin

Right now, both Admin & Super Admin roles have full access to all the products Sophos Central offers.

In some use cases, users assigned as a Admin for Endpoint production doesn't necessarily need to be admin for Phishing exercises and Vice Versa. I can understand giving "Super Admin" access to every product, but it would be nice to have an option where we can customize admin role in a way such that a user can be "Admin" only for a specific product.

5 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phish Threat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Search and filter by group throughout application

We need an option to filter based on computer and server groups in all reports as well as in protection screens. The Group filed shows up in Endpoint Protection for computers, but it is not filterable or sort able.

Dashboards and reports should all be filterable by group to allow management of sub groups within a large organization.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Update Customers when existing executable names are updated

Please update our customers when the executables that reach out to the Sophos Updating Servers have their names changed. Certain customers that use Application-level Firewalls or Proxies may find their traffic blocked if the executable names are changed, since the rules would be name-specific.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Web Protection API or feed support

Would be nice to have API integration or feed support for Sophos Central Web Protection. We want to automate blocking across several applications.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Not a happy camper

To say that I am not happy is putting it mildly. I have recently purchased 2 new Sophos firewalls, along with over 180 AV licenses and I already am a subscriber to your anti-phishing software. I had a problem with installing the Endpoint protection last week and put in a helpdesk ticket. Your person called me after 5PM my time (I leave at 5PM unless I know that I need to stay). Meanwhile we are playing phone tag. I just spent over $23,000 on Sophos equipment and software and I am praying that this is not your normal tech support.…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. More Robust Reporting

Would like to see more robust reporting. An executive summary report or a report that you can view at a high level and know things are covered. It would also be nice to have the ability to send reports to an e-mail or schedule them to run and be sent.

28 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. SNMP for APs managed in Sophos Central

Enable SNMP and post MIB/OID information for all models of AP managed under Sophos Central. SNMP would be very useful in providing information about APs to allow us to better plan deployment, monitor use, and have fewer support calls into Sophos.

Sophos is the only AP manufacturer that doesn't have SNMP available at the AP.

41 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Wireless  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Web filter for guest networks

The possibility to define web filters for guest networks would be great. So the whole access to the internet for those guest networks would be defined in Sophos Central Wireless .

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wireless  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Possibility to define bandwidth per device per SSID

In guest networks (SSIDs) I would like to cap the maximum bandwidth per device. For example, every device in the guest network has an maximum bandwidth of 10 Mbit/s.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wireless  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.