Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. NAme im Zentral falsch geschrieben oder angezeigt

Hallo Sophos Team,

Mein Name wird im Sophos Zentral schlecht angezeigt sollte eigentlich Dirk Männicke sein ist aber Dirk MÄxnnicke (XZeichen anders) - könnt Ihr das korregieren? d.maennicke@it-p.de Danke

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. emails with attachments

new user to email gateway, still have the Symantec mail security working on the server, some emails are getting passed the Sophos email gateway but caught as a virus on Symantec mail security. case no 7559378. not sure what to do to stop them as well

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Add "Shutdown after scheduled scan" on machine by machine basis

Many of our clients choose to run a full scan shortly after close of play on each of their PCs/Macs. They often ask us if there is a way that Sophos can automatically shutdown their device upon the conclusion of the scan. They obviously don't want this on servers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Group Membership Automated

We are having trouble managing large groups of students.
    I wish Sophos had rule-based group membership or some way to auto add them. We have to manually add them 50 at a time. Something happened to our existing group of nearly 1900 and it was left with 7 students so we had to add them again.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Easy Enpoint options for removal of PUA's

There needs to be a way to allow for removal of PUA's via the Sophos Endpoint Agent console.

The issue I have found is the vast majority of PUA's sophos has detected in my environment are harmless. When detected Sophos then puts a lock on the PUA file. I then am unalbe to remove the PUA from the endpoint without turning off real time scanning or booting into Safe mode and manually deleting the file. It seems like only occasionally does selecting remove from the Central Admin Console actually remove the PUA.

Why not have an right click option or…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automate PUA clean up for same detection.

Hi,
    I have an idea and suggestion regarding Server protection PUA clean up in Sophos central. PUA clean up is sometimes manually and admin needs to log in to Sophos central and clean the list even for the same malware or virus detection.

It better to automate Sophos central remember and learn my action which I choose for PUA clean up? For example Sophos detect "X" malware and I choose clean up PUA, it save and remember my clean up action for the next time "X" detected by Sophos.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. export a list of users from a policy

Trying to compare users in a Sophos Policy against Active Directory group contents is a manually intensive process.

Build the ability to export the users/computers in a policy to a csv, which can be compared with automation scripts.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Bitwarden

Bitwarden Password Manager
    Please add Bitwarden to your managed application listing.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. FIX IT

your search dosnt work - PLEASE FIX IT

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Improve Sophos Central Quarantine & Reporting

Sophos Central leaves much to be desired in the way it handles quarantine and the reporting on devices as to their health and quarantined items.

Currently, with nearly 200 devices and no way to see what the status of a device is other than a yellow alert or red warning it is the most time-consuming part of the day and the worst thing is that a device going into warning if it has simply been off for 2 weeks. We have customers that have 2 or 3 computers so they don't leave all of them on all the time so…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Device management ion Sophos central broken again!

cant manage devices in sophos central

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Anzahl Lizenzen pro Sophos Central-Kunde beschränken

Für die Verwaltung, Verrechnung und Provisionierung von Managed Endpoint Protection ist es sehr wichtig, dass man pro Kunde eine maximale Anzahl Geräte (Computer) oder Lizenzen definieren kann. Heute kann man mit dem Kunden vereinbaren, dass er Sophos Endpoint Standard für 10 Computer bezieht und dann kann er trotzdem Sophos auf 15 Computer installieren. Da müssten wir ja jeden Tag die Anzahl verwendeter Lizenzen kontrollieren...

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Access to Blocked Email Listing

Would like to be able to access logs/reports on blocked emails through the Email Gateway. We configured to include User / Email AD accounts, but found afterwards some additional accounts had been overlooked. No way to know until users start complaining that email is no longer processing, as viewing blocked email is not available.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SVM load load balancing

Sophos for Virtual environments needs some work. While I appreciate the scanning improvements in the new software over the previous one, the old system had a better communication system between the SVM and the GVM. Hard coding the IP address to a specific SVM seems like a step backward. It would be better if there was a load balancing/clustering mechanism or if the SVM could scan all GVMs on the host it resides on even if the GVMs are migrated between hosts as with DRS.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Policy Cache - Allow policies to be cached locally too like updates.

Allow a local Policy Cache similar to the Update Cache. To allow devices that are restricted from accessing the Internet to be able to retrieve policy and updates from local cache, the restricted client would report status to the local cache which would then relay the status info to Sophos Central.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Scan removable media

Please enable to scan removable media when plugged into computer

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. User interface and notifications

Hello,
    Can you pop up a notification ever 5 minutes or so on client's computer when Sophos updates has been installed and need to restart the computer?
    Also, notify client computer if update failed and need administrator's attention?

Thanks.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Allow or Block lists should be definable for "all subdomains" as an option.

When I add a domain to allow or block, I should be able to, as an option, check a box or a toggle that would also allow or block all subdomains of that entry. That way, if I enter "oldnavy.com", it would also catch not only "oldnavy.com", but "email.oldnavy.com", "x.oldnavy.com, and "x.y.z.email.oldnavy.com", if I want or need it to.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Allow more than one email policy.

Since Central Email will process for any number of domains per Central Account, we should be allowed to specify different spam policies, per user, per group, or per routing domain. Added to this would also be the idea of global allow/block lists, and per policy allow/block lists.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Allow adding to Allow or Block lists from quarantine.

I find myself copy and pasting frequently from the quarantine list, and bouncing between "Quarantine" and "Settings", because I want to simultaneously release an email and "Allow" that domain. Or, I want to delete that email and "Block" the domain.

I'd like, if I selected an email in quarntine, to be able to click a button that performs a "release and allow" or "delete and block" which would either release or delete the email, then popup the domain in an "Allow" or "Block" for the domain. These would be two buttons that would be added to the Quarantine page, I…

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.