Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. EXPORT USERS/PCs to DOC

EXPORT USERS/DEVICES TO ANY TYPE OF DOCUMENT TYPE

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. patch management

It would be great if Sophos could monitor, report on and recommend or install critical security patches for OS, application and browser plugin etc.

Out of date and missing patches are a big cause of system breaches and if Sophos could patch them as part of the endpoint protection it would be a benefit to all users.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Can't add a server back to Central

When you delete an object it will not rejoin when it tries to update, it gets an authorization error. On the server you can't then uninstall Sophos as tamper protect blocks it, and you can't reinstall as tamper protect blocks it, you are left with the only choice to reinstall the OS.
    It seems a bit daft that you can end up in this state where you can't actually do anything with a server other than rebuild it from scratch.
    Simply allowing a server to reconnect to teh console would be a sensible work around.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Abillity to reset an object in teh console

Ability to reset an object in Console.
    The console does not report the status of an object correctly sometimes and the only way to fix is to uninstall Sophos, delete, reinistall. A reset where all the data is deleted about an object other than the object and its ID , and then repopulated the next time it communicates.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Client Remote Removal

In Cloud Central when you choose the option to Disable Tamper Protection you should then be prompted with a few more options to send a remote removal of the client and then another option box to force a re-install after user reboots. Of course you would need to present the client that a reboot is now needed (lacking a good process of this currently) if the Option is not selected to force a re-install, after the computer acknowledges that it is removing the client then auto delete the machine from Sophos Central. Since Communication is secure between client and Central…

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. discovery Option

In old on prem Endpoint manager you had options to discover or scan network via IP ranges so you could determine if new computers where added and Sophos was not installed I understand Cloud is not on your network so scans cant happen but we need an optional tool that could scan network from inside and compare the scans to the Central DB to determine computers not protected so we can ensure that clients don't get missed and also to find BYOD that are connected and could add risks to your network

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Removable device Unique IDs

Sophos Central does not currently have visibility of the unique IDs for removable memory devices (as opposed to Enterprise Console which does). This is a significant issue for us.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Change Default settings for new customers

We are onboarding all of our clients now and we have certain settings that we want across all of our clients, particularly in regards to Web Control/Acceptable Web Usage and it is a pain to change these settings for 25+ companies one at a time.

I would like to be able to change what the defaults are for new monthly accounts when created.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Enhancements to vulnerabilty exclusions

The process to create exceptions for Hitman detected vulnerabilities is in dire need of overhaul. It should list more than five detections listed and also provide the ability to search for previous detections, in addition to criteria such as by computer, by user, and by application detected. It should also include details such as the exploit thumbprint, process trace, or perhaps otherwise to help differentiate between multiple detected exploits using the same product. Please advise.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow cumulative policies

Please allow the use of cumulative policies.

We have several server policies for various servers. Rather than having to update all of the policies for an additional task, it is possible to create an additional policy for a Role (i.e. IIS) rather than having to revisit all existing policies and keep them repetitively updated?

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Quarantine Summary Language localisation

Hello,
    Actually the Quarantine Summary is send in English language.
    It would be great if it could be possible to localize it.
    We have requests coming from French customers who would like the email in French.
    Thank you for the consideration.
    Regards,
    Thibaut

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Remote assistance - reenable or prolongate

I request support "without remote access". But the Remote access are demanded by support staff later. I cannot find a way to enable remote access without generating NEW support ticket.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Sophos Central needs serious usablility improvements

The interface is HORRIBLE and needs a full rebuild with the help of a UX expert.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Restore a deleted system if it is still reporting to Central

We would like to see systems reappear in Central if they were deleted by mistake but in fact a still active endpoint. Very much how the Enterprise Console simply made the endpoint not visible when deleted but made it visible again when and if it contacted the server.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Basic feature not available in sophos central. (for servers).

Hi Team,

Basic version details not available for server endpoints in sophos central and also no option/feature to see like how endpoints are in which version old & new.

Please add this feature.

Regards
    G Praveen Reddy

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Wording in management setup

Good day, I was setting up my Endpoint for my cell phone and came across a confusing situation so I asked for help. Ironical I was all setup as I set the program but there is a confusion factor where you do not match words. When in dashboard and looking at my devices it shows that I am (Not protected) and yet I am with everything other than encryption. In the settings screen it has the box to check to encrypt the cell phone, I chose not to. My suggestion is that you change the words from (Not protected) to…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Add an option to acknowledge a computer in sophos enterprise console

Add an option in sophos enterprise console to acknowledge a computer that has already installed sophos endpoint protection X so that they dont show up when i do a new discover computers.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Add/View Exceptions on the Central Endpoint

Enable users of Sophos Central Endpoint Protection to be able to view existing/add additional scanning/on-access exceptions from the endpoint (Assuming they have the tamper protection password)

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Forgot tamper protection password

I've forgot my tamper protection password. Can I reset it ?

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Description or notes for USB storage device made exempt in policy

Is there any chance of putting a description against a USB / device that you have made exempt in a policy. We are currently blocking all USB storage devices and then allowing certain ones to be used but we have no way of recording whose device they are.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.