Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Content-Filtereinstellungen nicht ausreichend

Die Contentfilterung im "alten" Sophos PureMessage gefiel mir besser, da hier über "Wildcards" und "Regular Expressions" noch vom User mehr Einfluss genommen werden konnte. Leider lässt der im Sophos Central vorhandene Content Filter zu wünschen übrig. Es "rutschen" sehr viele E-Mails einfach durch. Sehr nervig. Hier muss dringend nachgebessert werden.

Mohn GmbH, Müller

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow Central to detect Endpoint OS versions, so that Windows 7 Professional devices cannot be assigned to CDE

When Windows 7 Professional devices have CDE installed/assigned (nothing is actually installed) this stops SGN from being installed. If the behaviour in Central was changed so that Windows 7 Professional machines cannot have CDE assigned, then this would not be a problem.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Device Encryption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. AAD

I'm using Azure Active Directory for user management. You have an on-premise AD sync for users. I'd like to be able to sync users with Azure AD for management and distribution purposes. Optimally I'd like to use it for all authentication services related to Sophos Central.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Email Gateway

The emergency inbox should provide a way to capture content from the email in the inbox, or forward to an alternate destination address. There is no clean way to print, copy, forward, or capture the contents of email in the emergency inbox while it awaits delivery to it's originally intended destination, that may still be down. All you can do now is read the email.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. web gateway support for non-persistent vdi

have web gateway function installed on sve appliance for virtual environments to avoid cpu cost to user machines.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Tamper protection permission user group

Tamper control is always enabled until a role xxxxxxx (to be developed in Sophos cloud) logs onto a client. Role xxxxx can push a button on the client which bypasses the policies if needed (= maintenance/trouble shooting)
    Bypassing policies is audited and the Security administrator (being me in this story)

is informed of the bypass by email/other mechanism.
    Role xxxxx purpose is performing maintenance on Endpoint Client level. Therefor the role is least privileged for only bypassing the policy in the Endpoint.
    Predefined report exists (or customizable) for all machines having tamper control disabled. System settings in cloud.sophos.com allows to…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Emergency Mail for group emails

We faced issue that Sophos got some issue on their server and they couldn't deliver mails to my exchange.

But we could check our personnel mailbox on Emergency MailBox but issue is we gets all orders on Distribution group (Group Mailbox) but we can't login and check that mails.

This is to request Sophos to add emergency mailbox feature based on email address so we can check emails coming to distribution group or shred mailbox.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Sophos central statistical counts not accurate.

ref ticket: 7789151
    On the Sophos central portal why are the Policy Warnings Proceeded Count more than the Policy Warnings Issued Count?

This is causing a lot of disruption in our reporting mechanisms and would request this to be accepted as a feature request asap.

Kochhar
    03 8614 4784

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Allow admins to suppress all types of popup alerts for non-admins on Windows machines

In RDS environments, the popup alerts are sent to all users that are logged on to the terminal server. This is unnecessary as it needlessly causes concern for users and it shames the user that was affected (as their username is visible in the alert).

Ideally, the alert should only appear for the user that was affected and a select number of users determined by the admin).

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Some Suggestions to make this software more user friendly

Would Love a "Scan all button" in this interface.
    Would also love a "re-scan events" for discrepancies.
    Would also love it if events that were resolved actually dissappeared.
    Would love it if the agent could check for duplicated computers based off of serial numbers.
    Just a few simple solutions to make this interface more user friendly for administrators of 100 machines.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATION service stays red in Windows 10 1709

MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATION service stays red in Windows 10 1709

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Inbound Verbesserungsvorschläge

E-Mail-Gateway: Inbound/Outbound:
    1) Keine Wildcards erlaubt (hier sollte dringend nachgebessert werden)
    2) Keine Import-Funktion vorhanden
    3) ALLOW/BLOCK Mails lassen sich nicht nachträglich bearbeiten (nur löschen und neu hinzufügen)
    4) Inbound erlauben/blockieren: Listenübersicht lässt sich nicht selektieren nach Datum (ist nur nach Alphabet sortiert)

In PureMessage war dies wesentlich komfortabler mit der Bearbeitung von E-Mails (Whitelist/Blacklist).

Mohn GmbH
    C. Müller

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Unused Policies

There are options for administrators to add-on exceptions at various modules, but there is no notification/indication to tell the administrator whether the exceptions used is correct or no longer in use.

It would be great to have some detection method to allow administrator to know which rules/policy/exception is active and which are no longer active.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Add a "Notes" field and/or an "Acknowledged" flag for resources.

HI:

Could either of the following be added?

1. A "Notes" section for resources? I ask because I have, for example, a user who has a backup laptop that is only used intermittently when she travels. As such, it is usually off and so Central reports it as out of date, nearly continuously.

2. An "Acknowledged" flag so that resources that have odd states can be noted but not show a warning in the Heartbeat section of my XG430 dashboard. This is related to #1 above. It would be nice if I could set a flag so that Central - and, by…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. several computers together insert to a group

Hallo,
    how can I insert several computers together to a group?
    It´s a lot of work to insert every computer separate.
    Kind Regards, Torsten Schreier, DGzRS

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Uptime in the device status page would help with troubleshooting failed services

We should have "Last restart time" available under the device status. For example, I'm investigating some Sophos services not running, possibly due to needing a reboot. If we had the last restart info available in Sophos Central it would make it trivial to tell if a service hasn't started due to error or simply due to waiting on a reboot. For now we have to contact the end user and get uptime information from them. This uses more of my time and now impacts the end user just so we can tell if a Sophos service is failing or needs…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. I accidentally erased the computer. Sophos Agent software is not reinstalled.

Hi, I installed the trial version. But I erased my device from computers. Now I can't add it again. This interface is not user friendly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Need to increase attachment size limit over 50mb

We have CAD Drawings, GIS maps and CIS data that are regularly over 50mb in size both inbound and outbound. We need the ability to send and receive emails larger than 50mb ASAP.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Launch network wide scan

In Sophos Central, need the ability to launch a one-off full system scan across all computers.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Reflexion - option to authenticate email

Some customers require authentication on inbound mail rather than accepting anonymously, if we would be able to add the ability to add authentication per-customer.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.