Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. PUA - Dropbox and Spotify installs

Add Dropbox and Spotify clients as a PUA - these software packages are unwanted on our network & the manufacturers go out of their way to make them hard to remove from computers. They can be installed on a system with standard user privileges.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with: Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

receive a notificaiton when a server goes offline.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email gateway

The need to add outbound scanning to sophos central email gateway. Right now I have like 3 to 4 customers that has procured this service but wants to drop it due to this deficiencies. I am aware outbound is supported via utm but that won't solve any real life scenarios as this will still depend on customers public IP. Please it is of great value if this service can be available on central.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Weapons/Categories

I work for a school district and I would like to search my logs for how many times our students have tried to get to the category weapons and/or other categories. This would be a huge selling point for school districts. I also cannot search inside a user log for web violations in different categories.

0 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Phish Threat Videos in German

Guten Tag
    Wir es in naher Zukunft die Phish Threat-Videos auch in deutschter Sprache geben? Nur Untertitel ist ein bisschen dürftig.
    Besten Dank und freundliche Grüsse,
    Simon Kneuss

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Phish Threat  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. comments

There is a comments field at the SSID page, but i can't fill the comments field.

We have multiple SSID's but two SSID's with the same name but different configurations (Vlan tagging).
    The comments field would be handy to use, to fill in the configuration(Vlan Tagging).
    This way we don't need to edit the SSID to see what the Vlan tagging is on which SSID.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wireless  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Mis-categorized website

This is the official Department of Motor Vehicles website and should have a sane default category.

URL (www.dmv.org) blocked as part of category: Not Available

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Zusatzinformation für "Ausgenommene Peripheriegeräte"

Hallo,
    wir nutzen die "Überwachung von Peripheriegeräten" um generell alle USB Geräte zu blockieren. Auf Anfrage nehmen wir einzelne Geräte in die Ausnahmeliste auf.
    Leider kann man dort im Nachhinein die ID, anhand der die Freigabe erfolgt nicht einsehen und es gibt auch keine Möglichkeit, ein Kommentar/Freigabename ein zu geben.
    Dies würde die spätere Identifizierung vereinfachen, bzw. überhaupt erst ermöglichen.
    Ich würde mir daher für die Peripheriegeräte Ausnahmeliste folgende Spalten wünschen:
    -ID des Geräts
    -Kommentarfeld

Vielen Dank für Ihre Mühe.
    Mit freundlichen Grüßen
    Michael Matuschka

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Firewall Status Monitoring (3rd party)

Allow Sophos Central to monitor and report on the status of any firewall found (Windows, 3rd party, etc.) on the endpoint (for those of us that don't use Sophos firewall). So you know at a glance whether the system firewall is running or not from within the console.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Allow Users to request unblocking of sites via submission form

The Sophos Web Appliance had a feature that allowed users to request for a blocked site to be unblocked. When a user was presented with a blocked page, they also had an option to submit a request, with a reason and this would then be sent to an email address for a member of the IT department to decide whether the site should be allowed. This feature would be great if it could be implemented into Central.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Updates

No easy way to tell what version of AntiVirus is running on the PC's or Servers. Please put a version number column on the pages showing all servers and all workstations so a person can tell what's been updated and what has not.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sophos Update Management

On the Sophos Central update settings, I choose to Manage the update times of my PC's and servers so the updates do not interfere with a work day. Instead of being limited to a schedule of every Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I would like to see the ability to update on a certain day of the month. Since you updates come out quarterly and usually require reboots, I can schedule to coincide with Windows updates .

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Outlook attachment Data Loss drag and drop

Data loss prevention only stops attaching files in Outlook to emails using the paperclip icon in outlook and doesn't stop dragging and dropping files.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR does not identify it's cause a Sophos web protection.

Some pages are blocked by Sophos web protection due to SSL errors but there is no indication that Sophos is the cause of the blocking like when a page is directly blocked by the Sophos. It looks like a network error, or a google error or something else.
    ERRSSLPROTOCOL_ERROR

35 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Add recent events to e-mails

Add recent event to alerts from computers.

Currently all you see is:

What happened: A computer does not comply with the Sophos Central policy you applied to it.

If you look at the recent events you can see why:

Apr 25, 2018 8:41 AM Policy non-compliance: Device Control

Apr 25, 2018 8:40 AM Reboot recommended after software update

Apr 24, 2018 12:43 PM Policy in compliance: Malware Protection

If this showed on alerts it would save a lot of time.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sophos Central Web Control IPv6

Dear Team @ Sophos,

Myself Samson Pacharne from Sophos Partner End, located in India, noticed some different behavior for Sophos Central, Web Control. I am not quite sure if any of you guys have come across this earlier.

While troubleshooting at a Customer Place, I came across a case where, whenever the Customer used to connect to his office Wired LAN Connection, Shopping Site like Amazon were getting blocked (as expected and as per the policy configured by the Administrator).

However whenever he used to switch to the data card, the user was able to Access Amazon Website (which should…

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Need Central Endpoint for Linux Clients.

Need Central Endpoint for Linux Clients.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better End-point upgrade control

90 day admin control of pushing to end points is not a viable solution. As a brand new user of the Sophos community, please review this feedback and bring to your developers. I have over 600+ systems. If I have better control say per school (via group) this is a better manageable deploy. Rather a complete district being rolled out and crossing fingers the upgrade works. I will not lie I have had one upgrade happen and it was very painful. Technicians on my team were going crazy uninstall / reinstall to fix... This is NOT good.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. License deactivation

I have constantly staff turnover and this is a nightmare when it comes to controlling Sophos on pc's. It would be great if Sophos Central has an option whereby you can disable a license on a remote pc and let that pc go back to trail for 30 days so that they can purchase a seperate license.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Fix the Time Zone not Same as Report

Kindly fix the Time Zone not Same as Report Problem.
    Else, it is unable provide tally report compare with console and report is pdf, csv

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.