Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. "Is it possible to develop Sophos add-on by adding a python package so that it can connect to Sophos API, like Splunk AWS add-on?"

On this server customer is running SPLUNK through which they connect to various vendor software, in our case Sophos Central to interrogate the data.

Python version 2.7.5 is what is running on the server
    This runs some scripts to connect to the Central API to fetch logs from Central gateway & store on the Linux server.
    This is then used to create reports.

Customer has other applications that run on this server

AWS, Forcepoint, Imprva

These applications download a newer version of Python 2.7.9+ that allows their integration script to run.

Following our KB, we do not supply the same…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Widget showing protection statuses

Widget showing status of protection along with other interesting background information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Remote manual remission needed

It would be a huge timesaver if your manual clean tools would look at local installs to interactively remove problems already located. It would also be nice to allow the manual tools to be pushed to restart and clean remote machines. Central administration only helps co much, central remediation would go much further.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Ability to stop Scans on local machine or central

Ability to stop Scan after you run it from the Sophos central or the local Console of Sophos

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. when new policies have been applied

It would be helpful to know the current state of policies on a user. I can see the policies I have allocated but not the version or date when applied. The example being I change a policy and I want to see if the new policy has been applied to the user. If I could see the date or version currently active on a user I would know if they have the new policy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. I would like to change Block to Allow for an individual category, eg Alcohol & Tobacco.

I don't want any sites that are categorized under a category such as Alcohol & Tobacco to be blocked for my end users. They need access to these sites and right now I am told I can only manually enter in each site as I am notified that they are being blocked by going to the "Global Exclusions" screen in Sophos Central. There has to be a way to turn off some of these categories from blocking access to sites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Comment section on Peripheral Policy

Within Peripheral control, I would like to request a small comments/notes section for each exemption. This way I can add ticket numbers for each exemption, this will help keep an audit log.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Windowsアップデート

今回のWindows8.1と7のアップデートはひどい被害でした。連絡も英語では理解するのに時間がかかります。もう少ししっかりしたサポートをお願いします。他のウイルス対策ソフトでも同様の被害があったのでしょうか?乗換も検討します。HPも日本語の対応が悪すぎます。

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Be intuitive not convoluted. Allow "ACTION" from blocked applications.

Allow applications to be unblocked "ACTIONED" from the Logs & Reports Blocked applications list..

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Notification when self-isolation hits

Bitte bauen Sie eine Benachrichtigung am Client ein, wenn sich dieser bei rotem Zustand selbst isoliert!
    Es ist schon mehrfach vorgekommen, dass mehrere Minuten Fehlersuche nötig sind, bis man drauf kommt, dass der Sophos Client den PC isoliert.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. no 90 days

i found after the pc after uninstalled the endpoint need to wait 90 days only can install back.

how about format pc?
    i need wait 90 days only can install back anti virus?

3 months no protection?

and also the log, need 3 month only disappear

why cant remove right now?

i suggest can install and uninstall any time and remove the log too.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Filtre des menaces sur la vue "Appareils" dans un appareil

Il serait intéressant de pouvoir filtrer lors que nous sommes dans la vue d'un appareil sur le type de Menace. Lorsque nous avons par exemple énormément de blocage Web, les menaces (malware, PUA etc...) sont difficiles à repérer et donc a autoriser en cas de faux positif. Il pourrait être intéressant de pouvoir filtrer facilement sur le type de menace ou sur ceux sur lesquels on peut faire une action afin de faciliter l'administration et le dépannage.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Auto fix Alert "Malware or potentially unwanted applications in quarantine"

Please refer to Sophos Support case #8757008 and provide option to auto clean up the Sophos Alert for that situation.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Send Update Command to "Out of Date" System(s)

Hi. On systems in the Alerts section that are "out of date", it would be great if we could send an Update Command to the PC. If that's not possible, and the system automatically gets updated at a later time, the system should then get removed from Alerts. I hope that makes sense...

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. data loss

Currently under Web Control -, we are able to block Web-based Email, despite not knowing what url's this category is made off (another request for builtin url category checker) we can sort of trust it. It would be useful to be able to block other categories such as online storage (dropbox, wetransfer, hightail), similar to what is available under Application Control as atm the online solution for this is to add each online storage website one by one and tag it to be blocked.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. No auto delete of PUA files

Hello, it would be nice if Sophos Central would not automatically remove all PUA it discovers.
    We are migrating from another Vendor to Sophos. Better: Detecting and reporting it. And after a while of whitelisting and manual remove we would activate the automatic remove.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Notification of Client Upgrade Status and Ability to Reboot Remotely

Every so often I go to one of my laptops or desktops and notice a message on the Sophos client that indicates I need to reboot the computer because the client software has been updated. The Sophos Central Dashboard should inform me of this type of information without me needing to personally look at each machine on my network.

Your system would also be more valuable if I had an option to not only see that machines need to be rebooted, but to force a remote reboot if necessary.

Thank you,

Brent Hunter

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Notification when Tamper Protection password has been generated/used on machine

It would be great if there was a log or an email sent out when someone has grabbed a tamper protection password or used a tamper protection password on a machine. Also a report field of computers currently in their 4 hour window due to tamper protection being switched off and override policy being checked.

The emails would be sent out by the same privileges granted by the notification RBA portion.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With Sophos for Mac the annoying problem of Red Alarms in case of shut down clients (missing heartbeats) should urgently be solved

With Sophos for Mac the annoying problem of Red Alarms in case of shut down clients (missing heartbeats) should urgently be solved. This can turn out critical if self isolation or isolation via firewall of clients is activated.
    A regular software shutdown must be registered by Sophos an sent to the Firewall/Central observation instance.
    Oterwise hundreds of alerts flood the Central platform an have to be sorted out by administrator.
    A regular shutdown is no cause for a red alert. If alerts for some reason would be necessary to inform the administrator, a yellow status is sufficient, avooding self isolation.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Need to be able add custom rule to block applications

Need to be able to add a custom rule to block applications

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 33 34
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.