Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

Change timeout time on console

Customer would like the ability to change the automatic logout time on the console:

Company and Contact Information

Company: Mammoet (Global Support) B.V.

Contact: Peter van de Groenendaal, peter.van.de.groenendaal@mammoet.com

Sophos Partner (if applicable): H & R Automatisering, Utrecht, The Netherlands

Sophos Product Information

Sophos Product: Sophos Cloud

Version in Production: v1.0.5 Cloud Server

Feature Request Summary

How will this new feature address your business requirements?:
It will increase our efficiency; we now have to log in again a lot. And especially with long e-mail logins this is not a desired situation.

How would you rate the importance of this feature?; 1 = Critical, 5 = Nice-to-have:

250 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Bradley Collis shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

47 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is quite an important feature. We have a Network Operations Centre (NOC) with large screens showing various consoles (network status, VMWare environment, Service Desk, World Cup [only occasionally!] etc). But the one thing that we don't have is the Sophos Central up on there on the screens. Because it times out after 60 minutes (though I'm not convinced its a full 60 minutes) and with two factor authentication its too time consuming to keep logging in 6 or 7 times a day. So either please add a feature so that we can adjust the time out to what we would like, or create another console purely for use in a NOC.

I had been working actively and solely on the central portal for 3 hours adding exclusions (via the add another exclusion button) and then when I had them all added I clicked "Save" button and Sophos Central logged me out and didn't save any. Arrrgh. Now I have to implement them all over again.

My mental health took a serious nose dive today after this...and I'm not kidding.

I'm begging you please help get this timeout issue sorted so that the above doesn't happen.

• Santiago commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The productivity when you have log in again and again 7, 8 or 14 times in a day is frustrating. I start hating Sophos Central for this.. I really don't love it, and we should be loving it according to Sophos..

Please, why don't you use your own products?

• jonas commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

this is feature is very critical in our use cases

importance is 1 = critical for us too.

its' very annoying in its current state.

• James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wouldn't mind the time out if it was based on idle time. It's frustrating to be working in it and see it start 'spinning' only to finally get the login page and have to redo everything that it didn't save.

Importance of this feature?; 1 = Critical

• Brian Boyer commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with just about every other user who posted here. Sophos Support has stated the timeout is 60 minutes, but I am always timed out in 15-30 minutes. And every time I have to re-login on the Sophos Partner Central webpage to start over. And approximately 80% of the time when I enter my credentials, the page responds that I have logged out successfully, rather than starting the login process. Then I have to enter my credentials AGAIN, to start the login and get to the initial screen.
    Aha! Triple Form Authentication (3FA)! How clever of Sophos...
    As a result, I rarely log into the Sophos Central because of how annoying it is. We definitely need a way to set the timeout value.

• Michael commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Can this be implemented? If we've signed in with MFA, it's clearly us. What security value is there in forcing a logout every 60 minutes. Standard for most services is 24 hours.

Doesn't help that the partner portal login dance is slow and buggy, drives all our techs completely insane.

Hi Guys,
    Our company is rolling out 4000 endpoints and other products, having the central portal logging off constantly is very very annoying. Please implement this asap.

• Alex Cher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sophos, can you please implement this already? This is truly frustrating and does not add anything to security. We need ability to extend timeout for log outs due to inactivity, preferrably with ability to customize via IP or subnet for different thresholds, etc. For example, for internal users on our network, we're ok to have longer inactivity logout and anyone outside of our network or VPN a much shorter one.

• Edward commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The thing that really annoys me is that I'll be actively working on a client account in Sophos Central and then in the middle of updating it'll freeze and log me out of the system entirely, often forcing me to start from scratch on that client again. And the logout times are basically random. Sometimes it's 20 minutes, sometimes it's 45 minutes, sometimes it's an hour. There's no rhyme or reason to the logout times.

The current timeout settings are way too short. This is making our security team incredibly inefficient. I bet I log into Sophos Central 30-40 times a day.
    PLEASE FIX THIS!

• John Cook commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sophos Central has a terrible habit of logging users out without warning. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE. In almost every session when I am in the middle of performing tasks or troubleshooting or even creating a ticket I will be logged out of Sophos Central - and lose all my work. What is this happening? We should be able to set the time-out parameters for our sessions and get an inactivity warning from Sophos before it logs us out.

• Dave Skingley commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Our telecoms team are constantly in Sophos Central to manage mobile devices and the incessant need to keep logging in particularly with 2FA enabled wastes time in their already busy day.

Strongly agree on Trevor comment:

Not having this functionality means that we are not able to display the Sophos dashboard in our network operations center. We display various dashboards on several TV's and would like this one to be there as well.

• Simon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Importance should be = 2

Supporting a large environment or working on implementing Sophos Central for a new client are two good scenarios where this would make a big impact, if you could set it to trust a computer to at least bypass the 2 factor authentication for 30 days and extend the timeout to 30 minutes to 1 hour this would have a huge impact, it's not just a nice to have feature this would reduce the amount of time wasted re-logging back in to finish what you were working on.

• J Copeland commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a very needed feature. It's hugely frustrating to continually be required to enter 2FA codes every 10 mins or so.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.