Endpoint Protection - Retrieve Encryption Key
Hi, I've been trying the new API under Endpoint. Lovely new feature. We would like to request ability to retrieve a computer volume's encryption key via API.
Use Case: sometimes our staff get blue screen of "bitlocker" and had to create a ticket with IT to retrieve the key. If the API method is available, I can make it happen in Slack so that they can self-serve.
I understand that users will be able to retrieve them under Self Portal. But you need to understand that their computer is now locked. But their mobile phone (usually with slack installed) is still functioning.
A work flow would be
(1) issue a slack command (e.g., /sophos)
(2) then we can compare their slack email and sophos's user email
(3) list the device under the sophos user
(4) list the volume ID under the device
(5) retrieve the encryption key + reply to the user via slack.
Alternatively, we can ask the user to manually enter the volume ID and we can query the encryption key via volume ID.
Thank you :)