Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

Detailed blocking info needed for quarantined files

I'm testing DLP settings for email Gateway: Email Gateway > Policies > Base Policy - Data Loss Prevention > Settings > Inbound > Attachment file type > Quarantine > use custom list. I made my test list of different file types I'd like to block and saved my settings.
Now I found that some pictures (jpg) and documents (docx) are being blocked. I had previously allowed those file types.
If I look Qurantine > Message Details > I can see that blocking reason was "image" for email with jpg attachment. Why? jpg filetype was allowed. So I had to contact with support and they finally said to allow also jpeg, jpe, jfif,jfi and jif file formats. Made those changes and finally my file wasn't blocked anymore. Good! So Sophos found that file type was spomething else than jpg, but it didn't tell me what it was.

Problem was, that "Message details" view in Quarantine folder gave too few information about why the file was blocked. It says that file type "image" was blocked. I need to know also what Sophos though about attachment file type: was it jpg or actually jfif?

Please put more detailed information for troubleshooting to "Message details" view so I would need to make a support ticket to troubleshoot those kind of easy to solve problems.

5 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.