Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

Data protection is off message should instead be "Data encryption is off"

On the Shops deskto client, on the right side it shows a message that says "Data protection is off". I called your tech support line and they told me what that means is data encryption is not enabled. Your message is alarming and incorrect, it should be changed from "Data protection is off" to "Data encryption is off" or "Device encryption is off".

Thanks,

Brent Hunter

3 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Brent N. Hunter shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

2 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Brent N. Hunter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

99.99% false positive alert? Is this a common occurrence for anyone else? I'm about to spend money on encryption but I want to be sure it actually does what it's advertised to do!

• Alex Cher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also, it's 99.99% a false positive alert, triggered each time when you just enable encryption on the machine. It showed up for all machines that we enabled encryption for so far and then went away eventually. Of course we had to deal with 100+ tickets that needed to be closed as false positives!

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.