Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

Option to disable InterceptX or stop updates from re-enabling hitmanpro services

Since the inclusion of InterceptX in standard deployments of central server, regardless of licensing, we have had issues with the hitman pro alert services crashing or stalling business critical software. We can resolve this by disabling the service (which throws an error in Sophos Central) or I can run with tamper protection turned off, and run a script that removes the DLL associated with it everytime Sophos pushes an update. Neither is acceptable. I was informed that the reason InterceptX was included in Central Server was to save customers a reboot if they chose to license the product - but without the ability to control InterceptX or disable it since I am not licensed and have no desire to license it, I have to run multiple reboots for each server, every time Sophos updates, or run in a non-recommended configuration in order to run business critical applications. I should be able to control my deployment, especially in regards to a product that I have no choice but to install and I cannot disable it. Please include the ability to disable InterceptX or the associated hitman pro services in unlicensed deployments and disallow future updates from re-enabling them.

1 vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Austin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

0 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.