Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

Better logging in email gateway

I recently ran into an issue where all emails from gmail.com were being deleted. I could not figure out what was going on. I called support and they helped me solve the issue which turned out to be a wayward rule. My issue is the logging is so obtuse in Email Gateway that you can't really tell why something was deleted. There should be a simple note on the message as to why it was deleted. Was it an advanced threat, triggered by a block rule, malware, etc. There should also be verbose logging that lets you see the message the entire way through the Sophos system. This would save countless hours and support calls. Even the support Engineer did not have access to better logs. He just made a few guesses and we eventually found it. In the meantime, he was getting the case ready to send up to development which seems ridiculous. Please provide better logging and clear explanations in Sophos Central as a whole as to why something is happening.

13 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Anonymous shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Logs for Rejected items (Auth fail due to no mailbox, SPF reject, RBL reject) would be wonderful and should be there to allow proper troubleshooting and insight.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.