Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

Sophos Agent Removal Tool

We need a tool to remotely remove Sophos agents.

522 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Derrick Mauldin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

97 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Midhunraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used a batch command to remove the same at my customer end and if the community wants then i would share the same on comment section. It was tested just 2 months back and since then no significant release has been made.

• Mike commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Long overdue. Even in upgrades Sophos fails with old / broken installs.

• Krystian Flemming commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There is already an uninstaller, support uses it internally for now, and wasn't willing to share it. Apparently it literally nukes the entire endpoint, it took around 5 minutes maybe to uninstall everything with that tool - it was some kind of powershell script. So it is coming, and we literally can't wait for it ;)

• Bob commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a bit ridiculous. It is impossible to uninstall this product and we will never install it on a production system.

• AdminJon (Admin, Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Merged with another thread about removal- it will be automateable, so "sort of" remote. Please note you can de-assign intercept and encryption software from the central admin console already. We are looking to make endpoint de-assignable as well.

All 3 can be (re)assigned already.

• AdminJon (Admin, Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sorry for the frustrations removing the software. We are working on an uninstaller, we hope to release it in the next few months. The intention is to include it as a command line option on the installer as usually it is a prelude to re-installing afterwards.

• Ken commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

yeah this is garbage. I appreciate the emphasis on security but this just made my life a nightmare.

• Anon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Seriously already... make the tool! Sophos is a P.I.T.A. to uninstall when it doesn't work properly.

← Previous 1 3 4 5

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.