Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

Sophos Agent Removal Tool

We need a tool to remotely remove Sophos agents.

595 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Derrick Mauldin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

113 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am the IT Manager at a small school, (500 PC's) and we recently moved AV products to use Sophos Endpoint Protection for our Windows PC's. We have had a couple of PC's didn't install the new Sophos software correctly. The Uninstall process "fails", and their appears to be no other option than the MANUALLY removal of the software via a reboot into SAFE mode.
    Our previous AV software had a "Removal Tool / Program" for exactly this reasons / purpose, (as install / uninstall problems are not unheard of !) and I am more than a little surprised that Sophos does NOT have this facility / utility / product.
    (If I had discovered this information BEFORE my school selected Sophos as our next AV product, I can tell you that I would have recommended / chosen an alternative AV product).
    :-(

• Jamie commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree, we shouldn't have to boot into safe mode and edit the registry to uninstall the program. It's this kind of thing that makes me not want to use sophos.

• THOOD commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Definitely needed.
    We shouldn't have to boot into safe mode and edit the registry to uninstall the program.

• Hasan AYDIN commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are on almost end of june but still no sophos auto removal tool..We can't explain it to customers for "how sophos cannot provide any auto removal tool and still suggest batch file..which useless file.. "

• Josh commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

How is this NOT a feature, and why after a year has there been no movement on this?

#612 on the list of ways in which Sophos will let you down ...

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

It is incredible all this ..
    We have an implementation of more than 1000 computers, and the TP password is unknown. It is not serious that there is not a tool to at least uninstall or enter the password of the TP to make an installation. This client is from the government, and it is very likely that he will take legal action because an installation is not finished, in which Sophos himself prevents doing it.

• Tim Collins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please let us have an uninstaller
    Our enterprise has decided to go to another vendor this year
    To stand any chance of us coming back, this is required urgently
    thank you

• John Fry commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Obviously taking into play both admin rights and anti-tamper, it’s imperative that this is a silent uninstaller.

• Wayne commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

There shouldn't even be a vote, this is a must if you want your clients to upgrade to newer release part of migration tool. Even every enterprise AV that I know has a removal tool or some way to remote deploy/redeploy an agent.

• Midhunraj commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I used a batch command to remove the same at my customer end and if the community wants then i would share the same on comment section. It was tested just 2 months back and since then no significant release has been made.

← Previous 1 3 4 5 6

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.