Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

Offline Endpoint Installer

Desperately need you to bring back the full offline installer. Deploying the install amongst multiple endpoints is not feasible with our bandwidth.

226 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Sam shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

62 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
An error occurred while saving the comment
  • Fred Nerk commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Dear Sophos,
    please pull your finger out and fix this!
    I cant believe this is still not available.
    We, your PAYING CUSTOMERS need a proper offline installer for Sophos Cloud.
    the currently available "Full Installer" is not a full installer, so why call it that?

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Need offline installer for Sophos central as slow internet connectivity is a problem for these type of installations.

• Alan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

One more for the full installer (both Windows and Mac), desperately need it for deployment in a school.
    Is there any timeline for this?

• Morty commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We also look forward to a Offline Endpoint Installer.
    -What' s the latest news.. ?
    Please est. a date or let us now if n/a so we dont just wait in vain..

Regds

• AdminJon (Admin, Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We are working on an update to the install so that it can use a local copy of the install files rather than pulling them from Sophos. This should be out in the next few months.

To clarify; it isn't strictly an "offline" installer as it needs to connect to Sophos Central for registration, policies etc, but the bulk of the data transfer is usually the install files and it will be possible to provide these locally (e.g. USB stick, local network share etc).

In the meantime please do be aware that there are potential workarounds:

1. Use an update cache on a local server; clients will retrieve the initial install files from it.
    2. Use a caching proxy (e.g. if you have 3rd party web filtering you may well be able to use that to cache the files downloaded from Sophos, so that only the first install truly uses the Internet connection).
    3. Restrict the bandwidth usage for updates (including installs). It can go as low as 64kbps which should be a negligible impact on even relatively slow connections (like the 2mbps link mentioned below). Although installs will take a long time, they will complete in due course.
    https://central.sophos.com/manage/config/settings/bandwidth-usage

• Christoph Blume commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Without the Offline Installer, I have to install all of my 3000 Clients one after each other with a 2Mbit Line in Night Hours. And we cant install Windows-Servers for an Update Cache.

• Ben James commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is nuts.. I need to put a secure file server on the internet in order to install AV on it. no thanks

• Followmont IT department commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

the online installer just fails constantly. need the offline installer!
    it can connect and update at a later point, just need to get the main program installed and stop wasting the download time.

• Lindsey Hinz commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have computers that don't have access to the Internet but still need security... please bring back this feature so I don't have to cart all these computers over to another building just to install AV.

• gary saw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have been deploying Sophos Central Protection since this product officially launch few method that was provided by Sophos tried and include with other solution to deploy Sophos Central Endpoint. But me and my team still kinda needed the offline full installer. The Reason no matter how effective is your update cache solutions well offline Sophos central endpoint installer is needed because not every company server is not capable on having the update cache installed in not only that clients even question will it burden the their server? is it all their endpoint going to get the package? my answer is YES and what I discovered is YES it does burden the server as Sophos update cache is not the only process is working in that server. Well of cos we did advice the client to get other server to have the update cache but some reason the clients does not feel comfortable on doing that, Anyway we did manage to talk thing through. So my request is it possible to add the feature for creating offline full Sophos central endpoint installer

• Henry Ibeka commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The migration from W7 to W10 is just about to be launched! Got to install the Sophos Endpoint-Suite on a lot of machines, sometimes simultaneous... It's not feasable without an offline-installer.

This is so obvious that I cannot understand how you could decide to kill this feature. Everything worked fine before. So please bring it back asap.

Thank you.

• Mano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We need this feature back urgently, bandwidth restrictions are causing issues deploy to clients, we have 500+ to deploy

• Guy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Cant imagine this will go down well with large corporate clients but it is even worse for small firms with no big fat internet pipes.

Come on Sophos, get a grip and release a full offline installer for small firms with very slow bandwidth with sub-5Mbps in rural area offices.

I have calculated my client will need over 17 hours of full uninterrupted download to do this when the old offline installer would have worked in under an hour on all of the machines. As they also work during the day (surprise surprise) then email and other web traffic will slow things down taking almost three days to update them to the cloud version.

• Mano commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue, clients bandwidth not sufficient to download all files on each machine. It too me a day to install on 14 machines....

• Stefan H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Just loss a sale because of this missing feature. Customer will buy product only whenn offline installer available. His comment was „thats unhandy and complicated to manually install all clients. In addition we dont have client management software to roll out. So this product is only interesting for us, regardless of all its nice technology, when we are able to install with an remote installer like all other and also cheaper software has“

← Previous 1 3 4

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.