Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

Increased API functionality

Request from customer:
A better API to ServiceNow than just sending emails into it would be great. The ability to flip a switch in Central, tell it about my ServiceNow instance and it automatically pre-populates a SNOW incident with all the details of each alert would be extremely useful.

32 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Christopher Rice shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

9 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Jack commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is a no brainer. Additionally, why we can't force scan, quarantine, etc via API is really odd to me. Sophos likely won't be in my environment for much longer unless they begin to offer real enterprise tool options.

• Michael Percival commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Rest API to allow checking of protected assets against other sources is a must for a enterprise product, used to interrogate the SQL DB for this when on prem. Also the ability to make changes via Rest API is also a must to allow automated change of policies based on various factors external to sophos central

• Simeon commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Came here looking for an answer to the question "Can we automate anything in Sophos Central through an API?"
    And the answer is no. I'm sure for people who are concerned with it are happy with the event stream to their SIEM solution, but all I needed from this was to not have to make manual changes in the UI.
    Here's my use case: in the old Sophos management, I could set a policy to an OU. Anything moves in, it gets the policy. Why can't I do that in the new one?

• Victoria commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Absolutely agree with this one. The current API is incredibly limited, and the endpoints JSON is even missing data which should be present. Not fit for purpose. As someone else has pointed out, a full restful API for reporting purposes is a prerequisite for all modern software. Please prioritise.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

a rest api for integrations and automation is now a pre-requisite for any tool, i'd also liike this prioritized

• matt commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Also be good to query the device status as well as the status of corresponding services.

• John H commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I wholeheartedly agree! We are building out our ServiceNow instance and would love to marry these two tools together.

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.