Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

Ability to set Email Alerts setting.

Send alert from only Servers, specific group etc.
Email Alerts setting should be more flexible.

286 votes
Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

mayuko.baba shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

39 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Tamaryn commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree with many of the comments here.

Sophos has implemented the of the option to disable alerts for specific users, which is great step. However, if you're using the DLP feature, all users will receive DLP alerts regardless of that global setting.

I really hope this gets resolved in future.

• AdminJon (Admin, Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I merged a number of similar requests.

We understand that alerting remains a problem area. There isn't a single issue to resolve, but we are gradually implementing the main feature requests and addressing the underlying causes.

The main outstanding requests are:

Reduce volume- stop unnecessary alerts. If the volume was more manageable, then many of the feature requests would be unnecessary or less important. We plan to re implement how alerts are generated as part of an overhaul of status reporting and how it is displayed. this should allow us to be more accurate in generating alerts. Where alerts are genuine (but still too common) we are addressing the underlying issues as we identify them.

Admin responsibility specific alerting, for example an admin only responsible for servers should only get alerts for servers, not for computers. We are looking at implementing roles along these lines, and can add suitable alerting as we do that.

Please note there are some recently completed items that may help:

Group alerts by type (and be able to delete all alerts in a category/ies)

Disable alerts for a certain user (e.g. helpdesk user or person who only needs Central access for generatign reports)

Send alerts to addresses that aren't a Central admin

• Alex Cher commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Sophos, could you please implement this already? The amount of unnecessary alerts and false positives that open tickets waste a lot of our team's time. I can't believe that the only thing we can adjust now is which email addresses receive the alerts! Please approve this change and allow for more granularity with alert emails.

Sophos, could you please implement this already? The amount of unnecessary alerts and false positives that open tickets waste a lot of our team's time. I can't believe that the only thing we can adjust now is which email addresses receive the alerts! Please approve this change and allow for more granularity with alert emails.

• San B commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Strongly believe we should have this feature.
    The operators can't sit the whole day and monitor the console, email alerts are essential.

• JT commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

desperately need more configuration options for notifications. like limit emails to type of admin and type of alert (ie. High).

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Customizing alerts is a MUST! There is a significant amount of "noise" created by Alerts that a SOC has no need for (e.g. "restart required" or PUA or...) Some of them are needed by the NOC - perhaps the ability to direct alerts types or by subject to different email addresses wold be a great start!

• Michael Saffan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For example, being able to filter by MacOS vs Windows, and receive emails to that effect!!!!

Can't believe this hasn't been done.

• Matt Greany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Sophos Central team is actively implementing a wide array of new alert notification settings which will allow you to tune your alerts based on frequency and recipients. These updates will include the ability to adjust the alert email frequency based on alert severity, product, alert category, and alert type. Additionally, you will have the option to send alerts to specific recipients based on alert severity, product, category, and customer account or sub-estate. Start looking for these new features to appear in the Partner, Enterprise, and Central Admin consoles early in Q4 of 2018.

• Matt Greany commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

The Sophos Central team is actively implementing a wide array of new alert notification settings which will allow you to tune your alerts based on frequency and recipients. These updates will include the ability to adjust the alert email frequency based on alert severity, product, alert category, and alert type. Additionally, you will have the option to send alerts to specific recipients based on alert severity, product, category, and customer account or sub-estate. Start looking for these new features to appear in the Partner, Enterprise, and Central Admin consoles early in Q4 of 2018.

• Steven Trudo commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE!!! This would be awesome to help control notifications from true alerts. For the most part I don't care that a windows 7 machines hard drive isn't encrypted, I know it's not possible. However, I really do what to know that ransomware is detected, and ASAP. Right now the alerts are the same priority and to all the same people. It's alert overload.

• Abhijit Tikekar commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an absolute must. Cant believe Sophos has still not implemented such basic features.

Please allow users to configure email settings based on roles, category etc.

• Philip commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Please put the name of the sub-estate which originates the alert as part of the email message.

• Lance commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any further updates on this? The amount of emails I get from Sophos due to the way we need to authenticate to the product is crazy.

Surely this is not a big development piece.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.