Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Read Only - User Interface Login With Other Permissions

Currently there's only an option to add additional administrative logins/accounts on a customer.
    A partner wishes the possibility to add a read-only account, beside admin accounts.
    Maybe other permission levels are desired too.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. More Robust Reporting

Would like to see more robust reporting. An executive summary report or a report that you can view at a high level and know things are covered. It would also be nice to have the ability to send reports to an e-mail or schedule them to run and be sent.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Feature Request - list of Devices that have Tamper Proof Disabled

Hello
    I have a feature request which I believe would be useful, especially to businesses that have multiple people managing Sophos. This is something that I believe is valuable in keeping things secure as I know there are people out there who do not follow up and put things back to normal. My Feature Request is:
    - When looking at the list of all computers, in the drop down, there should be a filter for "List all devices with Tamper Proof Disabled"
    Currently I have to check each PC in the list 1 by 1 to see if someone left…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. tamper protection by group membership

Group devices and enable or disable Tamper Protection for that group.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Feature Requests

Feature Change Request:
    1. More granular control of Roles. For instance, Helpdesk role having the ability to disable Tamper Protection during troubleshooting.
    2. Active Directory Import (Computers) - Computers and Servers get viruses, not people (ok, maybe the common cold). With SEC, an organization can quickly view their system assets imported and determine the compliance of protected systems.
    3. Intelligent Alerting - Alerts such as 'out of date' or 'reboot required' should be intelligent enough to clear without administrator intervention.
    4. Customizable Alerting - If alerts will not clear on their own as issue is addressed, then the ability to…

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Sophos Central - Deleting Devices

Have a double check before deleting a device, not being able to delete a device if Tamper Protection is enabled and having a recycle bin for a deleted devices.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. E-Mail Notifications for Customers and Partners

We have partners asking for the possibility to configure E-Mail Alerting similiar to the SEC. In case of a e.g. malware detection the customer and/or partner should be notified by an E-Mail.

15 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Outgoing DKIM signing for email

Please add outgoing email DKIM signing

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. control the behaviour of the SPF filter

Please add the ability to control the behaviour of the SPF filter. For example by allowing messages that have been filtered to be sent to quarantine, rather than simply rejected at the SMTP level. This should include separate controls for both a hard fail and soft fail criteria. Thank you.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Notify end user of need to restart after update

Good Day,

I use Sophos Central Admin. Lately I have noticed that updates frequently require a restart to complete. I have no means to enforce this restart short of sending an email request...
    It would be convenient to be able to send a notification through the client or otherwise have the client notify the end user that the computer needs to be restarted.

Thank you,
    Roger

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Website Management - UI Suggestions

Any of the following would be great:

Export as CSV
    Sort by column name
    Filter by column name
    See notes on screen (vs. needing to hover over site)
    Bulk Edit tag
    Bulk Edit category

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Web Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Dynamic Device Grouping

Everybody, please give this idea some votes so it gets traction! Also, I am sure that it would not be that hard to implement.

Hey Sophos team,

I would really like Dynamic Device Grouping based on basic criteria within the Sophos Central Web Console. What is the point of creating device groups and manually sorting all your devices, especially when you have thousands?

The Sophos Agent is already collecting basic inventory information such as...

* Last Logged In User
    * IP Address
    * Device Name
    * Device Description

That means the Sophos software is potentially reading data from registry, WMI,…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Tools for cleaning up the device and user database

Tools for keeping the user and device database clean are sorely needed. Currently there is no way to remove multiple inactive users or devices. Each must be removed individually, a horribly inefficient way of cleaning up the database. Even better still would be an automated process that examines the user & device database and automatically removes inactive accounts, based on administrator criteria. For example, I'd like to be able to configure the management portal to automatically remove any user account that has been inactive for 30 days or more. The same could be said for inactive devices - clean 'em…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. SIngle Click Scan on Multiple Endpoints

Single Click Scan Option for multiple or grouped Endpoints.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Required Sophos Central Uninstaller tool

Had a bad experience by uninstalling sophos central from one of production server. Please develop and release the sophos central uninstaller.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Server Reboot Report

There currently is no report which shows which servers need a reboot.
    If certain features arent available until after a reboot, this report is necessary to ensure full functionality of the product.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. User activity report - User Internet Activity reporting

Provide reporting similar to Sophos Enterprise console allowing activity reporting for users and what websites they have accessed over a period of time. This reporting is very important if requested from management to see a listing of all websites that were accessed.

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Re-enabling Tamper protection to all the machines

Re-enabling Tamper protection to all machines at ones with one single click

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Need way to export device version information.

In light of the windows update issue and the need to make sure clients are at a correct version, there needs to be a way to export a list of devices and endpoint version numbers. Having to click on each individual computer to see that information is ok for a customer with 20 devices but unfeasible for a customer with hundreds of devices.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Better logging in email gateway

I recently ran into an issue where all emails from gmail.com were being deleted. I could not figure out what was going on. I called support and they helped me solve the issue which turned out to be a wayward rule. My issue is the logging is so obtuse in Email Gateway that you can't really tell why something was deleted. There should be a simple note on the message as to why it was deleted. Was it an advanced threat, triggered by a block rule, malware, etc. There should also be verbose logging that lets you see the message…

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.