Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Enable Tamper Protection by Group Policy, not just Globally

We need the ability to enable/disable tamper protection with a group policy like in on-premise Enterprise Console. Having to do it Globally is terrible.

We've had a number of instances where initial installation has gone bad -- getting far enough that tamper protection has gone into effect, but not far enough that we can turn off tamper protection for the individual client. Sophos Support has suggested that we turn off TP globally while we complete our rollout. That's ridiculous. If we could turn on TP in group policy, I would have it off in Base Policy to keep it from…

30 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

3 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Display Windows device serial number (as per Mac devices)

In Sophos Central under Devices, when you select a specific Mac PC, under Agent Summary it displays 'Serial Number XXXXXXXXXXXX'.

This is very useful - please could we have this for Windows devices too?

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Improvements to Peripheral Exemptions

Suggestions for improving Peripheral Exemptions

• ID's are too generic. You end up allowing the use of Removable Storage that hasn't been cleared for use by the IT department.

• Notes field when approving

• Approve peripheral for a single user or computer

• A 'Last used' date value

• Make the table of exempt peripherals columns sort able and re-sizable

Thanks for your time.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. ERR_SSL_PROTOCOL_ERROR does not identify it's cause a Sophos web protection.

Some pages are blocked by Sophos web protection due to SSL errors but there is no indication that Sophos is the cause of the blocking like when a page is directly blocked by the Sophos. It looks like a network error, or a google error or something else.
    ERRSSLPROTOCOL_ERROR

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Unable to see the status of progress for Scanning/Updating in Sophos Central Admin Console

When we initiate a scan or update in Sophos Central Admin Console, we are not able to see the status of progress in the admin console.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Allow adding to Allow or Block lists from quarantine.

I find myself copy and pasting frequently from the quarantine list, and bouncing between "Quarantine" and "Settings", because I want to simultaneously release an email and "Allow" that domain. Or, I want to delete that email and "Block" the domain.

I'd like, if I selected an email in quarntine, to be able to click a button that performs a "release and allow" or "delete and block" which would either release or delete the email, then popup the domain in an "Allow" or "Block" for the domain. These would be two buttons that would be added to the Quarantine page, I…

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Scans for missed scheduled scans

It would be great if there were a way to have the system automatically run a scan when the machine has missed a scheduled scan. Sometimes certain machines do not seem to be one during the scheduled time, and therefore never end up getting scanned. Or perhaps a setting that says, "if this computer has missed X number of scheduled scans, run one at the next chance"

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Role and Group Management

Request the ability to do the following Role and Group functionality:

• Disabling alerts for OoB Admin Roles.

• Adding a new/custome Roles.

• Assigning groups to a Role.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Group Based Reporting

Ability to generate a report based on groups. This will allow reports to be generated and given to department heads to review usage etc. This could include policy violation, web statistics etc.

29 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need to move endpoints between sub estates

The ability to move endpoints between sub estates is needed. Reinstalling sophos whenever the move needs to happen is not a sustainable solution.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Hide tray icon on terminal servers - Server Protection Advanced

Please give us an option in the policy to disable the tray icon or the tray icon information balloons. If an event is triggered on terminal servers, every logged in user on this terminal server sees a balloon with the triggered event and the issuing user account. This can be very embarrasing to the user.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Awaiting reply from Submitter  ·  7 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. More Robust Reporting

Would like to see more robust reporting. An executive summary report or a report that you can view at a high level and know things are covered. It would also be nice to have the ability to send reports to an e-mail or schedule them to run and be sent.

28 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. License reporting

I think it would be very helpful to have the ability to export a report for Email Security showing which mailboxes are actually consuming a license, or have that as a field in the Central console. I ran into a situation where a bunch of distribution lists got created as mailboxes and were consuming licenses. This put me over my purchased limit. It would have been nice to know that information as I hunted them down. Better sorting and filter options in that view would be nice also. This is under mailboxes by the way.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Ability to email reports automatically

automatically delivered reports via email

We need the ability to automatically deliver reports via email, as a CSV or PDF. This is so we can compare the list of managed computers against the active directory so we can generate a list of unmanaged computers

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Delete unused machines in bulk

We have 361 machines that have been inactive for 2 months plus.

Let me select all these machines and select remove...Export to CSV or PDF does not help with removing these machines.

Or in Devices filter computers by "Endpoint Last Used".

Thanks

Will

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Client Removal

Please provide an option to complete a remote uninstall from the Sophos Central console. If a machine is lost/stolen or a user leaves the company with the machine, the license will still be active in our console. Deleting the machine still allows the device to connect to central console and provide updates. There should be a way for Sophos to uninstall itself once it connects to central console, if the 'remote uninstall' command/option has been initiated by an admin from the central console. Thanks!

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Tamper Protection requirement

Tamper Protection needs the ability to set a new password for the whole site. individual randomly generated passwords are a massive inconvenience and time waste.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Release or Delete Multiple Messages from Quarantine

Within the Self-Service portal, users should have the ability to select multiple messages for Release or Deletion.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Need randomization schedule for Schedule Scans

In a previous Antivirus product, we had the ability to turn on a 4 hour window where the system perform a randomized scan of a particular server.

Currently, Sophos Central can not provide the ability to perform a randomized schedule. Please consider this. In our virtual environment, I have currently set up 7 policies to split my servers into. However, each server within the policy STILL will start its scan at the same time as others with the same policy.

A randomization option is needed to spread the IOPS load on our SAN.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. Configure and automatically email reports

I would like to be able to automate monthly reports. It would be great to have more options on generating reports and automatically emailing them.

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.