Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Improved device list views

Including the ability to add/remove columns and filter results.

For example, add a column about tamper protection, and have the ability to filter for only devices with it disabled. Or to add a column about Intercept X software version and filter for certain version(s).

This would apply to Endpoint and Server views.

We intend to make this functionality available via APIs as well.

388 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

Started  ·  71 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. "Packaged" Endpoint Installer

Desperately need you to bring back the full offline installer. Deploying the install amongst multiple endpoints is not feasible with our bandwidth.

254 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  71 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alert user reboot required after software update is pending

I can see a lot of computers have "Reboot required after software update" alert in the Sophos Central. However, users never get any notifications about the required restart.

Can you modify the user interface such that user will get notification about the restart every 30 minutes, then every 20 minutes, then every 10 minutes and then every 5 minutes?

212 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

26 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are looking at changes to help avoid large numbers of reboot related alerts. This work is not yet planned, so I can’t provide a date, but the proposed implementation would be as below.

For urgent reboots, e.g. to complete removal of a competitor product being replaced, users will see a notification immediately.

For non-urgent reboots (i.e. where protection is maintained), users will not see a reboot for the first 2 weeks (typically they will reboot in this time anyway, e.g. for windows updates).

If not rebooted for 2 weeks they will see a notification they can dismiss.

The reboot notification be persistent on an endpoint; it will require acknowledgement by the user to clear it. We would expect to have a registry key to be able to prevent this behaviour for systems like shop tills, advertising displays and so on.

If a further week goes by without a reboot…

4. Uninstall and Repair Endpoints via Sophos Central

The uninstall and repair options via console would make it easier to manage a large number of machines, mainly because sometimes it is difficult to get access to some of them.

184 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  11 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Suggestions for improvement for Peripheral control policy

Suggestions for improvement for Peripheral control policy:
    - option to export the "Peripheral Exemptions" list to csv
    - filter options in "Peripheral Exemptions"
    - sorting options in "Peripheral Exemptions"
    - sorting options in "Add Peripheral Exemptions"
    - add filter type Computer to "Add Peripheral Exemptions"
    - allow the user to resize the window, so that I can read the complete field
    - allow to filter by time for a date and time range

64 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Unique ID's of Removable Devices

In peripheral protection, removable drives have 'unique ids' unfortunately it doesn't appear that the Sophos software is pulling the unique id of removable drives. This is a compliance issue for us as we only approve registered devices by their unique identifiers.

59 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Status Bar When Running Scan

When running scans with Sophos Central, there is not status bar that shows the progress of the scans. This feature would be extremely useful when allocating time and resources to specific issues. This feature existed in the Sophos On-Prem solution, so I don't think it should be hard to do.

57 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Central/Cloud Exclusions - Export-Import

Please add the functionality to export personalized exclusions for servers and users/clients and then the ability to re-import them on a different server (group) or users.
    In order to facilitate batch export-import of long exclusion lists.

42 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Report of users who ONLY have Base Policy

This report would tell us who needs to be put in groups to have custom policies applied. If new users are added and someone forgets to add them to a group, then after the fact there's no way of knowing without looking at every user's policies.

40 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Central endpoint - enforce proxy route via wpad for updates

Central endpoint update configuration will currently read a wpad file and see proxy settings, however if there is more than one route it will take the most direct one with no facility to force the traffic via specific routes / proxies, see sanitized log output below.

The system sees the proxy settings from the wpad but then still goes direct without the proxy as that is most direct route, we need to be able to set the route for this update traffic.

=================================
    [ 1760] INFO WindowsProxyDiscoveryWrapper::GetDefaultProxyConfiguration WinHttp default proxy not set
    [ 3456] INFO WindowsProxyDiscoveryWrapper::GetProxyForUrl WinHttp discovered proxies "PROXYFQDN:3128" …

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Customized Browser based alerts

Please, allow to set custom messages for the warning or blocking of file downloads or URL's as regulated in Web Control for Sophos Central customers? Similar to what the XG firewalls are allowing.

Thank you

Larry Goncea
    Larry@domain-group.com

37 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. MAC Address

Would like to see the MAC Address listed on the Devices tab as well as to be able to export to a CSV file. This would be extremely helpful to those of us managing networks of 4000+ devices. I believe this information must be captured in the Sophos servers so I can't imagine it would be that hard to include in the Device information.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

36 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Separate Proxies & Translators category

The categories Proxies and Translators should be separate. Many customers would like to block sites categorized as proxies but allow sites categorized as translators. They should be configured like this by default.

Ex. translate.google.com is blocked by default.

35 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Quarantine and PUA cleanup not working the way I want.

Today Sophos automatically cleaned up a PUA that I did not want cleaned up. I had no way to go into quarantine and restore the file. I would like to be able to do that preferably from Central. I would also like to be able to not automatically clean up PUAs but continue to automatically clean up malware. There is no distinction in the settings.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Sophos Central Audit Logs

The Audit logs are lacking in detail and visibility, specifically:

1. When moving devices/computers into groups - the audit logs only show that a change was made to the group itself, not which devices/machines were affected.

2. When a change in product assignment is done (e.g. we remove Device Encryption as an installed product on a device/machine or a group of devices/machines) the audit logs do not show which devices/machines were affected.

3. When changes are made to a Sophos Central policy, what were the actual changes made within the policy.

34 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Notes for Peripheral exemptions

add a notes field to peripheral exemptions so I can note why im creating the exemption.

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Alerts are not customiziable and need major upgrades.

Clearing alerts, It would be best if I don't have to manually select all 500 alerts and acknowledge them. What would be better would be a section for me to select what categories to be alerted. I seriously don't care if a reboot is required after a software update. The computer will restart when it restarts. At this point the alerts are useless to me. Another idea would be the next time the computer scans and doesn't find a threat or issue, that the alert gets cleared. It's a lot of manual labor...

33 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Control Update Cache through policy

Would like the ability to specify what update caches a particular group of machines can use through the update policies. The current method would not work in our network environment, with our remote sites, as geographically distant locations may be forced to update from locales that are neighbours in subnets.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. view computer with tamper protect off

some way to see all the computers with tamper protection turned of would be good.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. InterceptX Root Cause Analysis (RCA) cases do not generate alert email

I have had InterceptX Root Cause Analysis (RCA) cases detected with low, medium, and high priorities -- but none of them generated an alert email.

It is very important that they do so, because RCA cases imply that malicious code has attempted to run on an endpoint, and this requires manual investigation to ascertain the cause.

At the moment it appears that the only way of noticing if you have a new RCA case to deal with is if you manually go Dashboard -> Endpoint Protection -> Root Cause Analysis.

31 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 42 43
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.