Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Emergency Mailbox not useful if user's mail server is down

Emergency Mailbox access is only useful if the user can reach its mailbox to set up his/her Emergency Mailbox access log on credentials. If the user can't reach his/her mailbox due to email service interruption (servers offline), then the user can't use the Emergency Mailbox.

case 1:

Today, admins only have the option to send the "welcome to sophos" links to the users mailbox. That is fine as long as the user can see that message, but in the event the user can't retrieve his/her mail, they won't be able to use the Emergency Mailbox in SSP.

In theory, all…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Automating Audit Logs

I love the MFA feature and I have configured all admins with MFA - except for one, just in case MFA should have any issues. My concern is how to monitor this one account, should it become compromised. I see there is an "audit log" that I can routinely check. However, it would be nice to schedule an audit log or to have it emailed especially if this one "super admin" account should log in and perform any other activity.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Re-register device in central withoput reinstalling

Why is there no simple way to add a device in to central without reinstalling Endpoint? It should be just a case of telling the Client to register. A full uninstall and reinstall is just ridiculous especially iif you have lost the tamper protect code.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. tamper protection

I suggest someone from Sophos actually reads these comments and does something about it. Listen to the people on the ground actually using and supporting your products.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sort the Inbound Allow/Block list

We need to be able to sort the columns of the global Inbound Allow/Block list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Export and/or Modify the Inbound Allow/Block list

We need to be able to export and modify entries in the global Inbound Allow/Block list.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Regex and logic operators to DLP

DLP Needs Regex and logic operators as well as a luhn check to make it more useful.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Enable Webcontrol per Device not per User

Dear Sophos Team,

We would need the feature to enable Webcontrol Policy per Computer and not only per User.

kind regards

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Detailed blocking info needed for quarantined files

I'm testing DLP settings for email Gateway: Email Gateway > Policies > Base Policy - Data Loss Prevention > Settings > Inbound > Attachment file type > Quarantine > use custom list. I made my test list of different file types I'd like to block and saved my settings.
    Now I found that some pictures (jpg) and documents (docx) are being blocked. I had previously allowed those file types.
    If I look Qurantine > Message Details > I can see that blocking reason was "image" for email with jpg attachment. Why? jpg filetype was allowed. So I had to contact…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Conditional Access By IP

We should be able to conditionally limit login to Sophos Central by IP and time of day so I can ensure employees aren’t logging in from home or non work computers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Sophos Central Wireless - Clients Page - Graph Issue

The graph on the Clients Page of Sophos Central Wireless, when made hidden using the control "Hide Graph" and then if we click on 24h | 7d option and then click on "Show Graph".
    The graph re-appears as scrambled, I tested the same multiple times but the same result came every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wireless  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Sophos Central Wireless - Clients Page - Sort Clients By Site

I was going through the Clients Page on Sophos Central Wireless and thought if i could get filtering clients based on their sites then it would be easier for me to understand how many clients on each location reside.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wireless  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Red Heartbeat Alerts - Firewall

When you have a Firewall managed by Central, it is needed to know what Firewall is showing the logs os heartbeat.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. "Is it possible to develop Sophos add-on by adding a python package so that it can connect to Sophos API, like Splunk AWS add-on?"

On this server customer is running SPLUNK through which they connect to various vendor software, in our case Sophos Central to interrogate the data.

Python version 2.7.5 is what is running on the server
    This runs some scripts to connect to the Central API to fetch logs from Central gateway & store on the Linux server.
    This is then used to create reports.

Customer has other applications that run on this server

AWS, Forcepoint, Imprva

These applications download a newer version of Python 2.7.9+ that allows their integration script to run.

Following our KB, we do not supply the same…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Widget showing protection statuses

Widget showing status of protection along with other interesting background information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Remote manual remission needed

It would be a huge timesaver if your manual clean tools would look at local installs to interactively remove problems already located. It would also be nice to allow the manual tools to be pushed to restart and clean remote machines. Central administration only helps co much, central remediation would go much further.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Customized Email alerting based on IT team

With Configure email alerts, would like the ability to separate the endpoint, server, AWS server alerts to individual groups, Distribution lists or Individuals. Endpoint alerts go to Helpdesk Agents, Server alerts go to Infrastructure Team, AWS server alerts go to AWS support team.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. One click Dashboard Report Filtering

Should be able to click on "Not Protected" and get a filtered report on what devices are currently not protected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Change the way you manage/control peripherals - allow/block

Peripheral management/control seems backward - an administrator should be able to globally allow devices and then have the ability to block unauthorized devices via the exemptions option. Currently you have to block devices globally and then add exemptions for allowable devices. When you have hundreds or more of devices that need to be approved, it is neither efficient or practical.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Global Policy Templates resets to defaults base policies on all sub-estates.

Do not reset base policies on all sub-estates to defaults when a global policy template is used! Had I known the cost of imposing a global policy template for just a few days, I would never have used the feature! It's likely that because a global policy template resets all base policies back to their defaults, I will never use it again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 87 88
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.