Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Peripheral Control - Filtering and further detail

A customer has requested that a feature request be made for the following on peripheral control

- The ability to filter the exemptions by Machine and Username
    - Further detail in the exemptions list
    - Allowing admins to add details to Peripherals that have been identified

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Detailed blocking info needed for quarantined files

I'm testing DLP settings for email Gateway: Email Gateway > Policies > Base Policy - Data Loss Prevention > Settings > Inbound > Attachment file type > Quarantine > use custom list. I made my test list of different file types I'd like to block and saved my settings.
    Now I found that some pictures (jpg) and documents (docx) are being blocked. I had previously allowed those file types.
    If I look Qurantine > Message Details > I can see that blocking reason was "image" for email with jpg attachment. Why? jpg filetype was allowed. So I had to contact…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Webusage Report

Our requirement is to generate single report which gives below information. Please work out for a solution to this requirement

User deails
    Authentication time stamp(log in and Log out)
    Urls browsed
    Total browsing time

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Controlled Updates

Suggesting some improvements to this existing feature:

Endpoint Protection - Controlled Updates
    Go to:
    Endpoint Protection > Settings > Controlled Updates

You can control how your computers get product updates below. All computers still get security updates immediately to protect them against the latest threats. When product versions expire, any computers on that version will be updated to the next version automatically.

When a new version becomes available, you can add computers to a list called "Test computers".

When you are satisfied with your testing, you can click a button that says: "Update to match test computers"

Suggestions:

1) Provide…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Sophos Central API - Pull Specific User Properties

The current API options does not allow for export of "exchange login" username associated with a user. There are other attributes/identifiers that are pulled down, "suser", "source" etc, but "exchange login" shown in each user's account would be a great extra attribute to the raw log. This would greatly assist my SIEM correlation for adding events to a user's session.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Notification of Client Upgrade Status and Ability to Reboot Remotely

Every so often I go to one of my laptops or desktops and notice a message on the Sophos client that indicates I need to reboot the computer because the client software has been updated. The Sophos Central Dashboard should inform me of this type of information without me needing to personally look at each machine on my network.

Your system would also be more valuable if I had an option to not only see that machines need to be rebooted, but to force a remote reboot if necessary.

Thank you,

Brent Hunter

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Sophos Central - MFA Warning Banner

The MFA banner "Passwords get stolen. Turn on multi-factor authentication to keep your account safe." to not display when you have MFA turned on.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Make it easier to delete devices

The UI for deleting computers is pretty bad. There is no progress shown for the deletion, the page does not refresh on its own, and the deletion appears to occur in the background. If I refresh the page after selecting and deleting 250 computers, the total number of computers has NOT gone down by 250. If I refresh again however the number has gone down a bit more. There should also be a way to create "SMART" groups based on criteria, for example, computers that have not checked in to Sophos in 90 days so they can be investigated or…

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Support MFA in active directory sync tool

It would be nice if you didn't have to disable MFA on the account the AD sync tool uses. The tool should be updated to accept MFA during setup and then be handled appropriately to avoid needing to re-authenticate during normal use.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6 comments  ·  User management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Need to be able add custom rule to block applications

Need to be able to add a custom rule to block applications

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Request for Enterprise Features

OK, Now that I have been using this for a while there are a couple of things that would make this dashboard better, and by better I mean a whole lot better, and possibly not just the dashboard, but the application also.
    1. Whenever there is an error, or an alert, or whatnot, and it says something like reboot required, or policy not in compliance, or realtime protection disabled, there should be a friendly little link or button that then makes the agent take care of restarting, whether on a scheduled time or immediately, brings the device back into compliance,…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Allow the Sophos "Attachment File Type" list to be cloned/modified

As it stands, you can either use the predefined Sophos list for blocking email attachment file types or you must build one completely from scratch. You should be able to clone/modify the Sophos list, as it's a good baseline, but I need one or two extensions removed from that list. I am now forced to painstakingly hunt through the cumbersome stack of extensions and find the remaining 32+ extensions from the Sophos list and build it manually. Yuck!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Seperate Proxy and Translator policy

Webcontrol Policy: Separate Anonymizer Proxy from Translators

We have to manually add Proxy sites top the webcontrol exclusions area. On Sophos SEC it is separate and proxy can be blocked in one go, without stopping translators.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Self Service Add to Allow List Button

Hello,
    Please provide a button in the email listing items that are stuck in quarantine to "Add to whitelist and release".
    Also, please add buttons in the quarantine to ALLOW/BLOCK easily by simply selecting the email and then clicking the right button. Provide an option to ALLOW/BLOCK the email address or the domain.

Currently, the process to add items to the allow list is clunky and hard to do for the end user. Please provide simplicity for our people.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Granular access access rights

We need the possibility to assign separate admin rights for Endpoint Protection and Server-Protection. Also a Encryption-Admin should have no access to Firewall Management. At the moment they can access everything, that makes Central useless for customers with several administrators.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Send Quarantine Summary listing all messages, not just new ones

Hi, how about an option to send a daily summary of messages still in the quarantine (left over messages from other days)?

The current implementation only show new messages quarantined.

Thanks in advance

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Reinstate "sort by subject" on theEmail Gateway | Quarantined Messages pages

You have removed the sort arrow next to Subject on the Quarantined messages page.
    Please put it back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Filter the Quarantine messages by Block Reason eg Attachment type

Filter the Quarantine messages by Block Reason eg Attachment type. I need to be able to see those blocked because of attachment type or because of content as these usually need processing quicker than the others.
    At the moment sorting by Reason doesn't sort the reasons alphbetically

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. block files based on extension

Block files based on extension. For example, block any files with .mht extension in user profile

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. No auto delete of PUA files

Hello, it would be nice if Sophos Central would not automatically remove all PUA it discovers.
    We are migrating from another Vendor to Sophos. Better: Detecting and reporting it. And after a while of whitelisting and manual remove we would activate the automatic remove.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.