Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. make easier fix local Sophos client

I have a few PCs with the same problem, Support gave me a few manuals steps
    Disable Tamper Protection (if enabled)
    • Stop theSophos Health Service
    • Browse to the following folder: C:\ProgramData\Sophos\Health\Event Store\Database
    • Rename events.db to events.old
    • Start theSophos Health Service
    • Open Task Manager and end theSophos UI.exeprocess
    • Launch a newSophos UI.exeprocess from: C:\Program Files\Sophos\Sophos UI\Sophos UI.exe
    to fixit.
    Why this procedure cannot be started from cloud?

5 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Hi I would like to present an idea, Sophos could implement a network adapter and this adapter should already be configured with DNS Primary

Hi I would like to present an idea, Sophos could implement a network adapter and this adapter should already be configured with DNS
    Primary and secondary pointing directly to the server of Sophos, this way would create a tunnel and all the network flow of the client the company would be scanned, I believe that having the UTM of the Sophos only installed not and enough, I ask this UTM of Sophos Point Where to? That's my question.
    Example when you purchase an application from Comodo Securit Pro This application already installs the network adapter automatically pointed to the server…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Need to add a new feature to Sophos AP

Need to add a new feature to Sophos AP - if some ones mac id is not entered in the Mac Host the person wont be able to connect to AP. By this way we can prevent a person entering in firewall and block him to access intranet features. As i have observed in other AP's such as RUCKUS - it has this feature in it.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Encryption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Sophos central needs to be more user friendly

I have a red ribbon at the top of my screen saying "one of your licences has expired" which is great....but i cannot click that ribbon to go to the page that has the information. i have to now go out of my way to find the area that has the licencing and then i have to find out which licence it is. The system should have a direct link to the licence that has expired. This software is riddled with lazy programming like this, it really does feel like it has been released before it was ready.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Services

Report to see which machines have services not installed/working so you can target these to fix.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. 1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Open multiple customer tabs from partner portal using the same browser

I would like the ability to be able to open multiple customer tabs from partner portal using the same browser and be able to line them up all in a row across the tabs at the top of the browser.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. unassign Endpoint software to computers

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/125023
    that used to work last year. but now it does not, I do not have the time to track down all the devices uninstall and reinstall the software. As of now this is the reason I will not be renewing the Intercept-x or full endpoint suite.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Better End-point upgrade control

90 day admin control of pushing to end points is not a viable solution. As a brand new user of the Sophos community, please review this feedback and bring to your developers. I have over 600+ systems. If I have better control say per school (via group) this is a better manageable deploy. Rather a complete district being rolled out and crossing fingers the upgrade works. I will not lie I have had one upgrade happen and it was very painful. Technicians on my team were going crazy uninstall / reinstall to fix... This is NOT good.

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Poor UI

I do not like the user interface in Sophos Central.

I do not feel like there is useful information found in the available reports. Devices with a "Bad status" could be one that just turned on, and hasn't updated yet, or a full infection. When I sort devices by status, and drill down to see what is happening, and navigate back, I want the sort to still reflect the status. On the dashboard, I see the Web Stats say "## Web Threats Blocked", but when I click on it, I don't see ANY actionable info.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Made Sophos Central and Sophos Central Enterprise console look/behave the same.

There is no Give Feedback link in Sophos Central Enterprise console. Several of the menus from the normal Sophos Central console are missing or in different places. The two console should be made to behave the same for consistency.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Re-send activation emails from Enterprise console and expire old ones

In Sophos Central Enterprise Console, when you create new administrators, you cannot re-send activation emails, and the email's received do not have an expiry date.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. NAC

Adding Network Access Control which can be manged with sophos central

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Disable TP by stopping SAVService - Old Ways - for Troubleshooting

I have an incident that Sophos was alerting for Missing: Sophos System Protection Service. When started troubleshooting I found that its not communicating to central and its not taking updated changes for disabling TP (Temper Protection) not I can turn off the TP from Machine using TP password. For everything else it is communicating (Ex. all service are running, Failed or install failed). When contacted Sophos they said only way to turn off the TP by rebooting the machine in SAFE MODE and do some registry hack. Are they kidding!! With on-prem Sophos you can stop the SAVService to turn…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Have a list of all RDS servers

Add "All RDS servers" to the drop-down list.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. DLP: user activities vs system activities

It should be nice if DLP logs only user activities and not system activities/attempts to access files.
    If you create a DLP rule with "Allow file transfer" Action, the DLP warns you (via email or in Console) for a lot of events, even for files that has naver been sent out by the end user.
    This happens both with email clients and browsers, when you upload a file and browse your computer for a file, the Operating System try to access to files listed and these actions are logged by DLP. This behaviour is by desing and confirmed by Sophos

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Agregar Aplicaciones a la lista de Sophos

Requerimos agregar aplicaciones para que sea posible bloquearlas, pero no es posible. ¿Como podemos agregar nuevas aplicaciones?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Kill the Global Security News Section, It SUCKS!

I'm a super user in the Sophos Central cloud system. The Global Security News section is irrelevant and it provides absolutely no value, is distracting and negatively impacts my workflow when using this system. This is a generic news feed, what is the intended benefit to users and administrative staff? There is nothing actionable in these news feeds, nobody is going to change their behavior because of them. I have plenty of other ways of getting news thats more relevant. I ask that you remove this terrible feature from the system.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. Give me usefull information please

On the Dashboard, it shows the number of Web Threats Blocked, Policy Violations Blocked, etc. When I click one, it shows me that a user, on a computer, did something. I would probably like to know what they did, when they did it, and what I can do about it. In it's present form, this is useless information, and does not make me feel safer.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Add help notes for MFA

There's no help on MFA

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.