Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Dashboard view of devices can be confusing. Example of a machine that had no status and was reported as unprotected.

The dashboard view of devices can be confusing. Example of a machine that had no status and was reported as unprotected. Some of these have not contacted or communicated since April but last activity was minutes ago.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Delete multiple accounts at once

For those accounts which do not have a username or email address, for some reason, you can't delete them. you will have to fill either the username and the email address in order to delete the account, and this is a problem if you have so many user names.
    It would be nice to be able to delete the account(s) regardless.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Email deployment of software

With the distribution of the software it would be nice to be able to customize the email with say the company logo and name of the administrator, the email that is sent looks a bit spammy and some users are ignoring the email, normally I send an email telling them they are getting an email.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Spracheinstellung Webseite

Webseitensprache stellt sich automatisch von Deutsch auf Englisch zurück und muss immer wieder neu eingestellt werden.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. testing

testing give feedback. internal request by DCC

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Local Admin reset of Deleted Systems

Allow a local admin to bypass the Application Control so that the policies don't refuse removal access by the admin account. Systems were deleted and now the Application Control won't update and we can't remove the sophos software to reinstall.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Troubleshooting Console alerts and SDU process is horrible

Using MAC OS Sierra.

By the way, this entire troubleshooting and diagnostic process is not very good. Anytime a user has a problem, the first thing you send it generic information about ports. Then always request the diagnostic which takes a lot of time on the user. I have been using Sophos for over 6 years and this is always the same.

Please figure out a better way to do this. If I have 20 users with the problem, there is no way I am going to run the tool on 20 individual laptops. That process is not scalable at…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Bring Back the old policies

This is a pain the *** to manage now. I liked it better when, when adding a new user to a policy, I only had to do it in one policy and not several spots.

For example, all laptop users have the same restrictions. I was able to add the user once to the correct policy. Now I have to add that same user to four or five different policies.

BRING BACK THE OLD METHOD.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. "select all" for closing root cause analysis

On the root cause analysis page, I like that I can filter by user. However, there should be an option to select all. I had a user run a program that contained an Eicar test file, and I now have over 1000 alerts. To have to go through them all by hand is extremely tedious.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Email Quarantäne Zugriff für öffentliche Postfächer und Verteilerlisten

Bitte schaffen Sie die in der Hilfe bereits beschriebene Möglichkeit der Zuordnung von Eigentümern (Usern) für öffentliche Postfächer und Verteilerlisten.
    Diese User sollten dann im Selfserviceportal die Möglichkeit haben, neben Ihrer eigenen Quarantäne auch die Quarantäne der Ihnen zugeteilten öffentlichen Postfächer und Verteilerlisten zu bearbeiten.
    In der central Hilfe ist diese Funktion ja bereits beschrieben , nur in central noch nicht ausführbar.
    Vom Support erhielten wir nun eine Möglichkeit über die Entwicklungsumgebung zumindest für den Central-Administrator eine Schaltfläche für die allgemeine Quarantäne sichtbar zu machen . Vielen Dank dafür !

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Produkterweiterung bei Warnhinweisen

Schönen guten Tag.
    Da die Warnhinweise nicht von selber verschwinden und man diese manuell als anerkannt bestätigen muss, wäre ich sehr froh um die Erweiterung (Kästchen oben links neben "Alarme") "Alles Auswählen" um alle Warnhinweise markieren und bestätigen zu können.
    Vielen Dank
    Michael Probst
    Schweizerische Vogelwarte
    6204 Sempach
    +41414629759

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. select multiple computers or users to add to a Group

In the web console, I need the ability to select multiple computers (or multiple users) to add them to a Group -- the number of clicks that takes now, per computer is really onerous.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Make manual udpate of endpoint easier

It would be useful if end-users could more easily invoke an update of their endpoint -- ideally by right-clicking the system tray icon, but failing that via a more obvious button.

A regular part of our informations security advice involves urging people to verify that their security software is up to date, and the current Central Endpoint makes it very hard for users to verify this.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Central should have a tab to check “reachability” whether EndPoint/Server live or not

Central should have a tab to check “reachability” whether EndPoint/Server live or not

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Site navigation improvement

In the Dashboard, there is a report that shows the number of protected machines or not protected machines. Wish those icons were hyperlinks to the lists they report; thus if I see 100 protected machines in the dashboard, one click would bring to that list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Feature request

I would like to submit a feature request to allow you to change the block message in web control to personalize it for our organization.

Thank you,
    James

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Issues with TPM and Sophos

Support response is shocking. I've given lots of detail to #7326239 and only had the 1 response since logging the ticket.

This is causing issues now with many laptops and I need to have someone call me today to have this resolved.

I can be contacted on pwood@teachfirst.org.uk or 07775735422.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Device Encryption  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. licencias

buenos dias

quiero saber como podemos hacer para dar de baja a varias licencias de sophos en algunas computadora que ya no están en uso en la asegura y poder instalarlo en otras que se les ha cambiado el sistema operativo. mi consulta se debe a que ya excedimos las licencias contratadas con ustedes y hay varias licencias que no se estan utilizando .

atentamente

Stanley Mendizabal
    depto de informatica

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Events report - make it clearer why events have been logged for web control events

At the moment event log entries are truncated, and often the important information is obscured so that you have to hover the mouse over to see the details.

It would be useful if the width of the column could be increased.

The view I need to look at most often is the web control view, and it would be very useful if it was easier to distinguish between category blocks (with an indication of the category) and malware blocks.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. exclude events

It would be very useful if we could exclude certain events from being logged.

e.g. my laptop endpoints may log hundreds of "Peripheral allowed: Intel(R) Dual Band Wireless-AC 8260". If I could have an option to suppress this from being logged, it would make viewing event logs easier.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.