Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Users have no idea of missing emails quarantined due to attachment file type

Hi, please consider this simple suggestion.

Ability to include quarantined messages by reason "Attachment file type" in the quarantine summary but without the "release" option to keep them safe from themselves.

Some messages that are not flagged as spam/bulk with attachments get flagged and sent to quarantine due to potential threats, but no one other than admins can see them. Unless you have a dedicated resource monitoring this quarantined list, users will never know about these messages.

Not asking to open potential security holes here, but if the users could see they got messages that were deemed dangerous because the…

26 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Recover deleted items

Sometimes emails get deleted by Email Gateway. Many times it is correct but there are times when it is not. Currently we have no way to recover a message that has been deleted. Rather than automatically dumping them, it would be helpful to allow messages to move to an admin only area to be reviewed and possibly downloaded directly from the portal, or released if it is determined that there is a need. A good example, we had an wayward block rule deleting all email from gmail.com. After finding the issue it would have been super helpful to go back…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Sophos Email Protection - Ability to delete items in delivery queue

We are currently running into some issues with emails containing malicious payloads making it through the Sophos Email Protection system and are hitting our edge firewall. Since our edge firewall is a next gen, its catching the malicious payload and not allowing the message to be delivered.

The issue is that we have no way of stopping the email once it has hit Sophos, so we have to wait for the email to go through its many retries, subsequent failures, and then eventually time out for it to be removed from the email queue. This is obviously a little frustrating,…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Outgoing DKIM signing for email

Please add outgoing email DKIM signing

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Better logging in email gateway

I recently ran into an issue where all emails from gmail.com were being deleted. I could not figure out what was going on. I called support and they helped me solve the issue which turned out to be a wayward rule. My issue is the logging is so obtuse in Email Gateway that you can't really tell why something was deleted. There should be a simple note on the message as to why it was deleted. Was it an advanced threat, triggered by a block rule, malware, etc. There should also be verbose logging that lets you see the message…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Central Email: Add the ability to add IPs to the allow list

Submitting on behalf of client:

In the allow/block list customers only have the ability to add IPs/subnet ranges to the block list. Having the ability to add IPs to the allow list as well would only make sense and seem logical.

This would be an important feature to restrict access to an IP only and not a whole domain which can easily be spoofed. Reference XGE-5239 for adding IP to blocklist.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. AD Sync Tool - Disabled "Shared" Mailbox Accounts

The AD Sync Tool currently does not allow us to sync "Shared" mailbox accounts because they are disabled as is best practice for Microsoft. This creates a significant manual process for us not only to have to create a "Distribution List" account directly
    in Email Gateway, but we also have to be sure to replicate all aliases associated with each one or no mail gets delivered. It seems a simple update to the AD Sync Tool that would allow us to sync "disabled" mailbox accounts would remedy the problem.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Block entire domain but add exception for single address

We have email blocks in place for most of the major publicly free email servers to reduce spam and phishing, but occasionally we need to add an exception in place to receive emails from a customer. We have both the domain blocked, and an individual address from that domain unblocked. We have noticed that this doesn't work, but this is something we could really use.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Allow Admin to download attachments from blocked, rejected, quantend, etc emails

Allow Admin to download attachments from blocked, rejected, quantend, etc emails

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Users/Email Sync from Office 365

Sync email addresses from Office 365 rather than AD. Sync from AD causes an issue if you have lots of shared Mailboxes, they need to be added/removed manually from the console. Also if you use SharePoint or Teams where users have the ability to create Office 365 groups and associated email addresses these are not added into the Sophos portal so all inbound email is bounced. Also since Sync deletes any manual entries we have to turn it off but that causes issues when we have new starters especially grad programs where 40-50 start at a time, they all needed…

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Can you send an email alert when mail starts spooling on the Sophos Central email security

Can you send an email alert when mail starts spooling on the Sophos Central email security. Another great way to know when their mail server is down/power outage/ internet outage etc...

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Detailed blocking info needed for quarantined files

I'm testing DLP settings for email Gateway: Email Gateway > Policies > Base Policy - Data Loss Prevention > Settings > Inbound > Attachment file type > Quarantine > use custom list. I made my test list of different file types I'd like to block and saved my settings.
    Now I found that some pictures (jpg) and documents (docx) are being blocked. I had previously allowed those file types.
    If I look Qurantine > Message Details > I can see that blocking reason was "image" for email with jpg attachment. Why? jpg filetype was allowed. So I had to contact…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Allow the Sophos "Attachment File Type" list to be cloned/modified

As it stands, you can either use the predefined Sophos list for blocking email attachment file types or you must build one completely from scratch. You should be able to clone/modify the Sophos list, as it's a good baseline, but I need one or two extensions removed from that list. I am now forced to painstakingly hunt through the cumbersome stack of extensions and find the remaining 32+ extensions from the Sophos list and build it manually. Yuck!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Self Service Add to Allow List Button

Hello,
    Please provide a button in the email listing items that are stuck in quarantine to "Add to whitelist and release".
    Also, please add buttons in the quarantine to ALLOW/BLOCK easily by simply selecting the email and then clicking the right button. Provide an option to ALLOW/BLOCK the email address or the domain.

Currently, the process to add items to the allow list is clunky and hard to do for the end user. Please provide simplicity for our people.

Thanks!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Send Quarantine Summary listing all messages, not just new ones

Hi, how about an option to send a daily summary of messages still in the quarantine (left over messages from other days)?

The current implementation only show new messages quarantined.

Thanks in advance

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reinstate "sort by subject" on theEmail Gateway | Quarantined Messages pages

You have removed the sort arrow next to Subject on the Quarantined messages page.
    Please put it back.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Filter the Quarantine messages by Block Reason eg Attachment type

Filter the Quarantine messages by Block Reason eg Attachment type. I need to be able to see those blocked because of attachment type or because of content as these usually need processing quicker than the others.
    At the moment sorting by Reason doesn't sort the reasons alphbetically

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Better Sorting for Logs & Reports Message History

You should be able to sort by ALL columns under Logs & Reports Message History

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Report Message button behavior controls

At the time of this request, the controls on the "Report Message" button afford the ability to specify what addresses within an organization a reported message goes to.

I'm requesting the added ability to specify if a reported message is sent to Sophos for evaluation. DoD contractors and other confidential data handling organizations would appreciate this control.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Schedule Reports on Email

I wanted to configured schedule reports so that it will be emailed to the configured email address with detailed reports of spam emails, virus scan, pishing emails etc

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.