Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. FEATURE REQUEST: Retain Computer List Upon Returning to Computer Search Page

Bug Fix/Feature Request for Sophos Central Admin:

Feature: Computer Search

When performing a search on computer devices to check health status, you get a list of desired computers displaying either of the following 3 statuses: All Health Status, Computers with a medium or bad status, Computers with a bad status. When user selects a specific computer, more device detail information is displayed. However, when you go back to the previous screen, the previous list is no longer displayed; page is back to default.

NEW IDEA PALMDALE SCHOOL DISTRICT IS REQUESTING:
    REASON: FOR EASIER END-USER MANAGEMENT (SAVE ALOT OF TIME &…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID - Old - Do not use Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  User management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Global Exclusion for Endpoint and Server separated

Global Exclusion should be available for Endpoint and for Server. Not one for all as EP and Server exclusions are very different.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID - Old - Do not use Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  User management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Default "all devices" and "all users" groups.

It would be great if there was a default group called "All devices" that new agents automatically flow into. Same with a default for "all users". This ensures that new deployments can automatically fall into a group, and thus automatically get whatever policies are associated.

Or, have groups be built automatically with some filters (IF AND OR).

thanks,
    Gavin

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Trennung Admin User für Antivirus und XG Firewall

Bitte eine Trennung der Admin Berechtigungen für Antivirus und XG Firewall durchführen. Es wäre ein sehr guter Schritt, wenn es eine Möglichkeit gibt einen Admin für den Kunden so einzustellen, dass dieser keine Möglichkeit hat auf die Firewall zuzugreifen. Denn in vielen Fällen sind es unterschiedliche Zuständigkeiten zwischen Firewall und Antivirus. So wäre es von Vorteil, dass User1 nur die Möglichkeit hat Einstellungen am AV vorzunehmen und User2 hingegen nur auf der Firewall Einstellungen anpassen darf. Denn jeder dieser User hat auf den anderen Einstellungen nichts zu ändern, da diese Einstellungen nicht in seinem Fachgebiet liegen.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Reporting on allowed devices with username in peripheral control for auditing.

Reporting on what users are assigned to what allowed devices in peripheral control for auditing.

This is needed asap for our organisation as a council.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Automatically Delete Out of Sync Users from Sophos Central

Add feature to automatically delete users in Sophos Central when the AD object has been deleted or moved to an out of sync OU.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Sorting data in Threat Analysis

I want to search the Threat Analysis Center - Detected Threat Cases. It would be very convenient if I could sort by the user name or device as well as be able to search for a particular user or device

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. ad sync

Have the ability to use a service account the does not require an email address for AD Sync.
    The Sync service access rights should be base off "least privilege", instead of Admin Access.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. User login/logout report per machine with Date/Time where endpoint is installed

Hi,

Currenlty, we could see the users that logged on to a device, and when the device was last active.

We would like to get Users Reports which should show the date/time when the user logged in and out .

It would be very helpful if this new feauture is implemented.

Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Customer assignment to enterprise dashboard users

for MSPs would be great to have the possibility to assign "all customers" to a non "partner super admin" based role user (for example read only role). We are creating many customers in the enterprise dashboard -> we cant assign every time the new customers to all our enterprise dashboard users.. so actually we assigned the "partner super admin" role. But this is not what we want.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Users to register their Computers

the ability to require a user to register their computer when installing Sophos software (ideally being able to authenticate) – this resolves the issue where we have a BYOD laptop using our Sophos software and allows us to identify who the individual is.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Intercept X licensing and User deletion policy.

Your licensing policy seems extremely flawed with Sophos Central and Intercept X. I assign a license to a user. That user leaves the company. I remove the license from that user and make sure the software is un-installed from his laptop. Yet my licensing count doesn't change. A month of working with your tech support and all they can suggest is I manually delete that user from the system to free up the license. Did that, your system however doesn't really remove users for 90 DAYS!! What in the heck? I have never heard of that in my 20+ years…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Add New Customer Option

Can we please improve the onboarding process for new customers. As a managed service provider my customers DO NOT need access to Sophos Central so I should be able to add a customer directly by clicking add customer and then adding in my license. Not sure why we still have to go to add trial. Also, please don't exclude me using the same email address to sign up a new customer when I AM the technical contact. Let ME choose what I should do for my customer.
    Thanks

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Modernise the Partner Portal

Partner Portal Admin
    The way to manager users as a Partner is awful
    It is not intuitive at all and falls short of being simple
    It needs to be much slicker
    It looks and feels like a very old website

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Assign Devices to a Group

When adding Devices to a group can you please allow us to add more than one at a time. Doing 60 new computers to a group takes a long time when doing it one at a time.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Security Key for AD Synch In Lieu of Admin Account

I do believe, that as a security company, you have a huge security flaw in your "AD Synch" application configuration. We're required to use an Admin's login WITHOUT MFA enabled in order to be able to connect the AD Synch to the cloud control. I think this should be re-configured to where we can create a secure key of like 64 characters for this purpose. It should not be a user's account with any role, unless you create a role specific for the AD Synch. But, then again, you would never want to login to cloud control with that account.…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Alternate Login Identities

It seems that in Central, a user's (added via the AD Sync tool) login name (User Principal Name UPN) is being applied as login information for Microsoft Exchange. However Microsoft allows for using Alternate identities due to corporate polices or other LOB dependencies.

Example: User Jane Doe with a UPN of jdoe@contoso.local and an email address of jdoe@contoso.com
    Not being able to change this prevents the ability to assign users mobile devices with Email configuration policies.
    See also the MS documentation in regards.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server/identity/ad-fs/operations/configuring-alternate-login-id

For more info in regards to username attributes see also:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/win32/ad/naming-properties

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. column for Self Service Portal

if you´ve got multiple Users in Central showing with their User Account and/or mailbox it would be helpful to see which of the account (User or mailbox) has been activated for Self Service Portal. At the moment there is no option to see whether the user has got self service portal access or not.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Reformat how csv files are exported in deployment

In the partner portal under deployment is the option to download a CSV file. I have found that Sophos uses commas as delimiters, which is a problem when a customer's company name has a comma in it (e.g. example company, llc) and needs to be reformatted before it can be parsed for specific information.

My idea is to either change how the CSV files are formatted or add other file formats for export that are able to be parsed.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Red Heartbeat Alerts - Firewall

When you have a Firewall managed by Central, it is needed to know what Firewall is showing the logs os heartbeat.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.