Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Add Allow/Block to Email Policies

Add the Inbound Allow/Block feature to Email Gateway Policies so we can assign Allow / Blocks to certain groups of people. A use case would be an HR email account wants to receive email from all domains for potential applicants while default policy wants to block most free common email account domains to protect against Phishing. Right now, my understanding is, that we can only apply Allow/Block feature at the Enterprise level.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. adsync ad sync bug fix for

AD Sync Bug - Unable to bind to net.pipe://localhost
    Fix - In SophosADSyncService.exe SophosADSync.ADSyncService.OnStart()
    Change:
    this._serviceHost = new ServiceHost(typeof(ADSync), new Uri[] { new Uri("net.pipe://localhost/") });
    To:
    this._serviceHost = new ServiceHost(typeof(ADSync), new Uri[] { new Uri("net.pipe://localhost/Sophos/") });

In SophosClouseADSyncUI.exe SophosCloudADSyncUI.ConfigForm.ADSyncForm_Load()
    Change:
    this.pipeFactory = new DuplexChannelFactory<IADSync>(this.instanceContext, netNamedPipeBinding, new EndpointAddress("net.pipe://localhost/SophosADSyncPipe"));
    To:
    this.pipeFactory = new DuplexChannelFactory<IADSync>(this.instanceContext, netNamedPipeBinding, new EndpointAddress("net.pipe://localhost/Sophos/SophosADSyncPipe"));

Binding to net.pipe://localhost is improper and will lead to other services that bind to it improperly.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Recover deleted items

Sometimes emails get deleted by Email Gateway. Many times it is correct but there are times when it is not. Currently we have no way to recover a message that has been deleted. Rather than automatically dumping them, it would be helpful to allow messages to move to an admin only area to be reviewed and possibly downloaded directly from the portal, or released if it is determined that there is a need. A good example, we had an wayward block rule deleting all email from gmail.com. After finding the issue it would have been super helpful to go back…

32 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. one click block or allow for addresses and domains

When viewing messages in the message log we can currently block an IP address with a single click. It would save tons of time as an admin if you had the same option to block or allow a sender or a whole domain with one click from that screen. Currently you have to go to the settings page to make those changes which is time consuming in a busy environment.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Better logging in email gateway

I recently ran into an issue where all emails from gmail.com were being deleted. I could not figure out what was going on. I called support and they helped me solve the issue which turned out to be a wayward rule. My issue is the logging is so obtuse in Email Gateway that you can't really tell why something was deleted. There should be a simple note on the message as to why it was deleted. Was it an advanced threat, triggered by a block rule, malware, etc. There should also be verbose logging that lets you see the message…

14 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. toggle to reply

We would like the ability to have a toggle for Email Gateway to respond to blacklisted emails telling them their email could not be sent. We have noticed that blacklisted senders do not receive a bounce-back, giving them the impression that their email made it through.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. add notes

We would like the ability to add notes to entries in the whitelisted / blacklisted list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Block multiple email domains

We would like the ability to block a whole list of email domains instead of doing them one at a time. This would save a lot of time.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Formatting of emails sent to employees

I submitted a ticket previous regarding message functionality where the email tags from v1 of Phish training was not included in v2 of Phish training. I would like to have that included so I can tailor my message to my audience.

Also, I would like the option of an auto enrollment group for mandatory training for new contacts that have been enrolled into our Active Directory.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Adding S/MIME at Sophos Central

Adding S/MIME functionality as in the Sophos SG series

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Toggle to block bulk mail

I have a few clients that are coming over from Proofpoint Essentials - on that platform (even at the basic), it is easily possible to block bulk email (subscriptions or not) and have them show up in quarantine. It is also easier to block subsequent emails from a sender with a link the email, or a way to whitelist an email address that shows up in a quarantine.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. License reporting

I think it would be very helpful to have the ability to export a report for Email Security showing which mailboxes are actually consuming a license, or have that as a field in the Central console. I ran into a situation where a bunch of distribution lists got created as mailboxes and were consuming licenses. This put me over my purchased limit. It would have been nice to know that information as I hunted them down. Better sorting and filter options in that view would be nice also. This is under mailboxes by the way.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. alias

Be able to free an email from an alias of a user from the Sophos Email Appliance user interface (not admin), which is linked to an active directory.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Ability to tag and deliver for all categories with configurable tags

when configuring the email gateway spam and action categories, each category should have the tag and deliver option, and should include ability to customize the subject line tag. Otherwise, this is a very narrow solution and definitely does not work for my company.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. dar de baja la cuenta

quiero dar de baja la cuenta

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Search Reflexion Using the Name of the Attachment

I would like to be able to search and find messages based on the name of the attachment. This will help to figure out why threats get through.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Blocking certain character sets

Having the ability to block messages based on character sets in the body of the message would be a nice feature. For instance if a message had mandarin characters or Russian.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Office 365 API support

Please tool the email gateway to have the ability to login via the Office 365 API to pull a mailbox list. Right now we sync AD from our internal domain to Central. However this does not get all valid mailboxes in that we have a number of O365 groups and distribution lists that don't live in Active Directory. If the email gateway could simply pull the list of valid addresses from O365 like some competitor products it would save quite a bit of manual mailbox additions.

13 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Geoblocking

Please add the ability to geo block email sources. Some of your competitors allow you to block by country code from those areas you know you don't want mail from. While you can block top level domains like *.cn that is not always useful in that sometimes a message has a .com but originates in a place like Russia or China.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Make Rejection of unknown sender address configurable

We have several "temporary" mail accounts which aren't configured in our Domain but are essential senders addresses from our ERP system which get rejected, when our mail server tries to relay these to Sophos Central.

It would be a lot better if this behavior could be configured to not reject these mails.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.