Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Block keywords in the Subject

We should be able to have certain emails blocked that use certain keywords; such as; ****, bitcoin, or graphically explicit words as well. Please let me know if this is possible. Thank you

6 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Time of Click allow list not allowing .education sites?

Time of Click allow list does not seem to allow added sites to bypass blocks.
    Trying to add a website that is a .education and it does not work

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. emergency inbox release button

There should be a release to mailbox option for all messages captured in the emergency inbox.

We had a configuration issue with Exchange (admittedly our fault) that meant some messages were rejected by Exchange but they were still captured in the Emergency inbox. Once we corrected the Exchange configuration, the messages did not auto-retry delivery and we had no way to release them back to the intended mailbox.

I've also upvoted an option to have a forward/reply feature. It is basic stuff for an online mail filter:
    https://ideas.sophos.com/forums/428821-sophos-central/suggestions/32856199-email-gateway

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Message Summary by mailbox

hi, thanks for your hard work on this tool.

I would suggest a report where we can see how many messages were delivered, blocked, quarantined, released, deleted, by mailbox. with date and category filters.

This would help to quickly identify which mailboxes are not being scanned, for whatever reason.

Thanks in advance

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Is Not / Is Spam links to Quarantine Summary

Hi, I have a humble suggestion.

Email Gateway > Quarantine Summary email sent to users:

It would be helpful to either add 2 more columns to the message list (Not Spam and Is Spam) or combine the Release (+ not spam) and Delete (+ is spam) actions.

if the user clicks on Release+Not Spam or Not Spam, then:
    1) forward message to not-spam@sophoslabs.com to train spam AI, so no more of such messages are quarantined.
    2) Release message to user

If the user clicks on Delete + Is Spam or Is Spam, then:
    1) forward message to not-spam@sophoslabs.com to train…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Users/Email Sync from Office 365

Sync email addresses from Office 365 rather than AD. Sync from AD causes an issue if you have lots of shared Mailboxes, they need to be added/removed manually from the console. Also if you use SharePoint or Teams where users have the ability to create Office 365 groups and associated email addresses these are not added into the Sophos portal so all inbound email is bounced. Also since Sync deletes any manual entries we have to turn it off but that causes issues when we have new starters especially grad programs where 40-50 start at a time, they all needed…

17 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Add Allow/Block to Email Policies

Add the Inbound Allow/Block feature to Email Gateway Policies so we can assign Allow / Blocks to certain groups of people. A use case would be an HR email account wants to receive email from all domains for potential applicants while default policy wants to block most free common email account domains to protect against Phishing. Right now, my understanding is, that we can only apply Allow/Block feature at the Enterprise level.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. adsync ad sync bug fix for

AD Sync Bug - Unable to bind to net.pipe://localhost
    Fix - In SophosADSyncService.exe SophosADSync.ADSyncService.OnStart()
    Change:
    this.serviceHost = new ServiceHost(typeof(ADSync), new Uri[] { new Uri("net.pipe://localhost/") });
    To:
    this.
    serviceHost = new ServiceHost(typeof(ADSync), new Uri[] { new Uri("net.pipe://localhost/Sophos/") });

In SophosClouseADSyncUI.exe SophosCloudADSyncUI.ConfigForm.ADSyncForm_Load()
    Change:
    this.pipeFactory = new DuplexChannelFactory<IADSync>(this.instanceContext, netNamedPipeBinding, new EndpointAddress("net.pipe://localhost/SophosADSyncPipe"));
    To:
    this.pipeFactory = new DuplexChannelFactory<IADSync>(this.instanceContext, netNamedPipeBinding, new EndpointAddress("net.pipe://localhost/Sophos/SophosADSyncPipe"));

Binding to net.pipe://localhost is improper and will lead to other services that bind to it improperly.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Recover deleted items

Sometimes emails get deleted by Email Gateway. Many times it is correct but there are times when it is not. Currently we have no way to recover a message that has been deleted. Rather than automatically dumping them, it would be helpful to allow messages to move to an admin only area to be reviewed and possibly downloaded directly from the portal, or released if it is determined that there is a need. A good example, we had an wayward block rule deleting all email from gmail.com. After finding the issue it would have been super helpful to go back…

50 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. one click block or allow for addresses and domains

When viewing messages in the message log we can currently block an IP address with a single click. It would save tons of time as an admin if you had the same option to block or allow a sender or a whole domain with one click from that screen. Currently you have to go to the settings page to make those changes which is time consuming in a busy environment.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Better logging in email gateway

I recently ran into an issue where all emails from gmail.com were being deleted. I could not figure out what was going on. I called support and they helped me solve the issue which turned out to be a wayward rule. My issue is the logging is so obtuse in Email Gateway that you can't really tell why something was deleted. There should be a simple note on the message as to why it was deleted. Was it an advanced threat, triggered by a block rule, malware, etc. There should also be verbose logging that lets you see the message…

22 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. toggle to reply

We would like the ability to have a toggle for Email Gateway to respond to blacklisted emails telling them their email could not be sent. We have noticed that blacklisted senders do not receive a bounce-back, giving them the impression that their email made it through.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. add notes

We would like the ability to add notes to entries in the whitelisted / blacklisted list.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Block multiple email domains

We would like the ability to block a whole list of email domains instead of doing them one at a time. This would save a lot of time.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Formatting of emails sent to employees

I submitted a ticket previous regarding message functionality where the email tags from v1 of Phish training was not included in v2 of Phish training. I would like to have that included so I can tailor my message to my audience.

Also, I would like the option of an auto enrollment group for mandatory training for new contacts that have been enrolled into our Active Directory.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Adding S/MIME at Sophos Central

Adding S/MIME functionality as in the Sophos SG series

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Toggle to block bulk mail

I have a few clients that are coming over from Proofpoint Essentials - on that platform (even at the basic), it is easily possible to block bulk email (subscriptions or not) and have them show up in quarantine. It is also easier to block subsequent emails from a sender with a link the email, or a way to whitelist an email address that shows up in a quarantine.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. License reporting

I think it would be very helpful to have the ability to export a report for Email Security showing which mailboxes are actually consuming a license, or have that as a field in the Central console. I ran into a situation where a bunch of distribution lists got created as mailboxes and were consuming licenses. This put me over my purchased limit. It would have been nice to know that information as I hunted them down. Better sorting and filter options in that view would be nice also. This is under mailboxes by the way.

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  19. alias

Be able to free an email from an alias of a user from the Sophos Email Appliance user interface (not admin), which is linked to an active directory.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Ability to tag and deliver for all categories with configurable tags

when configuring the email gateway spam and action categories, each category should have the tag and deliver option, and should include ability to customize the subject line tag. Otherwise, this is a very narrow solution and definitely does not work for my company.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.