Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Use Server License for a Windows 7 box

it would be great if we could install a server license on a windows 7 box. I currently have applications that were written to only run on windows 7 and we have created a few windows 7 "servers" but cannot use a server license so it is not allowing me to fully utilize my licenses that were purchased

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID Test Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Tamper Protection won't toggle off after Sophos updates.

It would be nice if run the latest Sophos installer package and it could ignore tamper protection. I have several systems that TP won't stay disabled and so I can't update Sophos without rebuilding each endpoint/server.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Search for protected VMs

Allow the ability to search for VMs that are protected by SSVMs. As in you can look up the specific VM name and it will show you what SSVM it's connected to.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Allow cumulative policies

Please allow the use of cumulative policies.

We have several server policies for various servers. Rather than having to update all of the policies for an additional task, it is possible to create an additional policy for a Role (i.e. IIS) rather than having to revisit all existing policies and keep them repetitively updated?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Solid Edge

There are Problems installing Solid Edge 10 (https://www.solidedge.de/solid-edge-st10) with Sentinel HL Driver (https://sentinel.gemalto.de/SupportandDownloads/DownloadDrivers/SentinelTreiber/).
    We had to completely uninstall Sophos Server protection, to get the installation of the license manager from Solid Edge 10 running.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hello,
    Please can you log a support case here; https://www.sophos.com/en-us/support.aspx

We need to understand the root cause before we can comment on how we might address this. For example, our enhanced tamper protection might have been preventing the installation, or our Lockdown product.

Once we have your log files and a support case we can determine if this requires a product enhancement or not.

Stephen

6. Automate PUA clean up for same detection.

Hi,
    I have an idea and suggestion regarding Server protection PUA clean up in Sophos central. PUA clean up is sometimes manually and admin needs to log in to Sophos central and clean the list even for the same malware or virus detection.

It better to automate Sophos central remember and learn my action which I choose for PUA clean up? For example Sophos detect "X" malware and I choose clean up PUA, it save and remember my clean up action for the next time "X" detected by Sophos.

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. SVM load load balancing

Sophos for Virtual environments needs some work. While I appreciate the scanning improvements in the new software over the previous one, the old system had a better communication system between the SVM and the GVM. Hard coding the IP address to a specific SVM seems like a step backward. It would be better if there was a load balancing/clustering mechanism or if the SVM could scan all GVMs on the host it resides on even if the GVMs are migrated between hosts as with DRS.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. Reporting incorrect status when health service not installed

Reporting of server status is incorrect. When you look at a server it reports all is well (green tick), however when you look at the status of that server it will show no services installed, surely this should alert that the server is not reporting any health? Further investigation reveals that the health service is not installed on the server so the console needs to show that if nothing is being reported then the server needs to alert there is an issue.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  1 comment  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Unassigned Servers

Quickly show unassigned servers that aren't members of a group

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. AD Sync - Remove Computers No Longer in AD

We have a ton of old computers listed that have been retired & removed from AD, but are still listed in sophos. It would be nice if AD sync had an option to automatically clear these up.

If it's not in AD and it's not reporting as online (For 2 weeks) -> Purge.

82 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Sophos for Virtual Environments (ESXi)

Sophos for Virtual Environments (ESXi) should NOT require a vCenter management server to install. We have a large number of small clients that could benefit from this application but are unable to install directly on their ESXi host that is not connected to vSphere

Matt Granzow
    mgranzow@sourceonetechnology.com

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  Mark Toshack responded

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your submission – I have logged your request in our internal system, it is something we would like to address.
    If its status changes I will let you know.

Thanks

Mark

12. Show more server details to add to groups

server groups with servers of the same name

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Feature request for exclusion type display

I would like to request that exclusions for Detected exploits be displayed in the exclusions tab on individual endpoints. as of right now these type of exclusions do not show here so you cannot determine if they are applied without going and checking the systems registry file. For reference this is mentioned in the following Sophos case # 7303250

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Apply policy based on AWS tags

Currently Sophos Central can automatically group instances based on AutoScaling Groups (ASGs).

If possible, it would be nice to automatically group instances based on AWS tags, to allow non ASG instances to have specific policies automatically applied based on the tags set against the instance, or allow policies to be applied to instances based on their tags instead of using ASGs as the basis for grouping servers.

This would also be beneficial in reporting, as the instance tagging could be considered to be persistent even across instances, and across autoscaling groups, and would allow easy customer report customisation within Sophos…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Under Review  ·  2 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Bulk changes to servers

bulk deletion of servers. Or agent retention settings

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Started  ·  3 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Automatic reporting for Lockdown events

Currently lockdown events are requested on an ad-hoc basis by the administrator. This is a manual task and can only be performed individually for each server.

Lockdown events are potentially critical alerts and should be reported in real-time to Central's event viewer (and therefore SIEM).

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Microsoft Azure

Allow whitelisting (application control) of the Microsoft Azure Directory Synch Tool and all of its random and subsequent DLL files and directories.. The work around for this while the server is in lockdown mode is to manually exclude or allow the folder.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Planned  ·  0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
1 2 3 5 Next →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.