Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. API to delete duplicate endpoints

We are an education institution and as part of that we run many student labs computers. These get completely re-imaged a few times per year with a clean image but the same computer name. This causes a duplicate entry in Sophos Central.
    Could we get some API script that would make the manual cleanup and deletes a little easier for the duplicates please?

11 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. 'Update Now' For Multiple Devices Under 'Alerts'

I'd like to see an option for 'Update Now' in a similar manner as 'Mark As Acknowledged' under the 'Alerts' page. A 'Scan Device' option would be a nice addition as well.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Alerts and Updates

I would like to see an e-mail/notification for when updates go out that are going to require reboots so that we can provide notification a head of time.

I would also like to see as we go through and reboot the end points that the alerts clear automatically from the portal.

Don't know that this is possible, but from the alerts pane - I currently have to click on the PC name - clear the alert after I verify that the update is successful. If I have the list sorted alphabetically by the computer name - every time I click…

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Delete unused machines in bulk

We have 361 machines that have been inactive for 2 months plus.

Let me select all these machines and select remove...Export to CSV or PDF does not help with removing these machines.

Or in Devices filter computers by "Endpoint Last Used".

Thanks

Will

27 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Client Removal

Please provide an option to complete a remote uninstall from the Sophos Central console. If a machine is lost/stolen or a user leaves the company with the machine, the license will still be active in our console. Deleting the machine still allows the device to connect to central console and provide updates. There should be a way for Sophos to uninstall itself once it connects to central console, if the 'remote uninstall' command/option has been initiated by an admin from the central console. Thanks!

26 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Installer improvement

Hello Support/Engineering

Your Support Engineer was able to resolve our issue Ticket# 7766035, as I understand the issue was caused by a prior product key remaining in the registry, I would like to see these test be added to installer, since even if install completes, the product updates can fail, it should be much easier install and manage installer, since this seems to be a constant effort just to make sure your product is updated.

thank you
    PB

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. I need lists connected to groups in content filtering.

We need the following ability to content filter:
    Copy blocked and allowed sites from my old content filter to Sophos. I have lists of sites and the groups they need to have allowed and blocked, I need import to Sophos Content filtering.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Hash Lists for Application Control

Please add a means for administrators to add Hash Values to a white/black list. Looking through the Sophos website it seems that this has been a feature request for years. Some threads in regards, date back to 2010. It can't be that hard to implement since other AV Vendors can and have implemented such features.

This would also make it easier when CERTS give out hashes, for admins to add theses to their own networks.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Growing number of "Missing Sophos Services" alerts on dashboard

It would be useful to enable services on windows through the sophos dashboard so it can save a lot of time when troubleshooting errors such as "Missing Sophos Services not running"

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Categorise peripherals in events

It would be very helpful if perioheral devices were categoried in the peripheral device events report, with the same categories as applied through the policy settings.

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. linux endpoint

Not all linux machines are "servers", some are used as workstations. I would like ot be able to install Sophos Central onto Linux computers that are endpoints and have them appear as endpoints in the console. currently, the only option appears to be to have them appear as servers.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. SIngle Click Scan on Multiple Endpoints

Single Click Scan Option for multiple or grouped Endpoints.

16 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Found virus

I got mail with virus trojan called - Packed.Multi.MultiPacked.gen
    And Sophos did not found it.
    Thanks
    Shay Havard
    shay@allalouf.com

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Retry Button

Installing or reinstall Sophos - when reinstall Sophos an you have Tamper Protection enabled, you have to disable it before but after that you must start the Installation process again. I think it's a better solution to make a "retry" button within the installation windows

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Support Antwortet nicht

Wie lange muss ich warten, bis jemand auf mein Ticket antwortet?
    1 Woche
    1 Monat
    1 Jahr

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Health Service order

In Sophos Central under devices and status the Services are not always listed in same order and this makes it harder to determine if any are actually missing and not really being reported. Suggest adding a number in front of the services name and order by that number or fix the order so it list all in the same order for all clients and maybe a Total number of services easy to compare if all are there or not

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Peripheral wireless encryption control

We would like to be able to control encryption strengths for wireless connectivity (e.g. WPA2 only), not just allow and block in general.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. parent/child updates (without a server on site)

Trying to adjust update management at my site. Plan was to have one computer (at each site) to get the Sophos updates, and give it to the rest of the computers at that site (we are a small, multi- site company)

rub is that there is not a server on site at any of these locations (servers are in the cloud)

Can this NOT be done with the Update Management policy?

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. email alert customization

I need to be able to adjust settings around email alerts.
    They have become white noise because they are very ineffective.

machines have been off for the weekend.... 20 emails because they haven't updated.
    machines missing software.... because they are in the middle of updating

machines being missed because of email throttling, so our techs always have to be in the console looking at alerts.

13 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Granular scanning capabilities on the scheduled scan

The ability to create a scheduled scan per disk rather than the entire server. I have a VM running in Azure with over 10 virtual disks within a storage pool (over 10TB's of data) The normal scheduled scan does not complete out of hours and it would be wonderful if i could schedule a daily scan for each disk

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.