Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mac OS local Cache update server

I am going to have only 100+ macs on the network and need a local CACHE update server. The constant update from all the machines is using all of my bandwidth.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Show schedule scan completion in device event log in central.

I want to be able to see in the logs where the schedule search for the policy applied to a device has completed. I have no way of telling if it ever happened.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Unable to export computer inventory details based on groups

Unable to take the computer and server inventory details based on Computer Groups from Sophos Central. If would be better if this feature is available.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Alert condition for pending reboot/excessive uptime

It would be very useful if endpoint protection could pick up on systems that had either a reboot pending for windows updates, or an excessively long uptime (eg greater than a month).

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Way to deploy en masse while turning off tamper protection as little as possible

We have Endpoint protection deployed across our org, but just added intercept x licenses, and so we are trying to deploy that to the org. We are looking for a way to deploy the installation packages using our deployment software (kaseya), while turning off and on tamper protection per endpoint. Hopefully that makes sense, if not please email me. Thank you for your consideration

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. long wait time

40 minutes on hold for an important issue is not ok

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Adding Single .dll files to Exploit Mitigation

Can we please have the ability to add a single .dll file to an exploit mitigation?

Thank you,
    Trevor Karppi
    System Administrator
    15405 SE 37th Street Suite 200 Bellevue, WA 98006
    Direct (425) 974-8588 Ext. 1088 fax (425) 974-8599

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Managing multiple machines

Push an update to multiple machines at once
    Mark issues as resolved for a multiple machines at once, not one by one

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Tamper Protection requirement

Tamper Protection needs the ability to set a new password for the whole site. individual randomly generated passwords are a massive inconvenience and time waste.

22 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Hire more staff or write better documentation

I am a Sophos partner and this is the first time we have purchased and sold Sophos Central Endpoint Protection. I have a few simple questions about setup and user etc. I am very frustrated as I can't find answers to some simple questions in your documentation. I have currently been on hold for over 45 minutes with tech support. Not a fun experience thus far.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add alerting option for Root Cause Analysis activity

Activity in Root Cause Analysis should generate alerts. I've witnessed on at least one occasion where phishing activity was displayed in Root Cause Analysis for a particular user. It revealed the attack came in through Outlook in the form of a malicious pdf document. The user didn't report this issue, I had to contact the user. They confirmed they received the message and opened the attachment but the content was blocked. In the very least this would represent an opportunity for needed security awareness training directed at the identified user. Perhaps it would make sense to provide the option to…

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Lightweight Workstation Installer

The current Sophos Endpoint installer is a large full sized install package. This became an issue this past few weeks when new systems did not get the installer because the package file needed to be updated with a newer version.

I would like to see a different install process for automatic deployments that allows for a lightweight, thin, installer that would install some basic items and then go to either the internet or a defined location on the network to download the installer files. This would not require updating the lightweight installer, but only require me to update the package…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. HiDPI resolution support

The current UI for Sophos Endpoint protection does not look very good on newer HiDPI screens. The text is fuzzy, and not smooth. The software UI needs to be updated to support HiDPI screens such as the Surface line or any number of devices that now come with 4k screens

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Central single policy change complaint

Customer: Domo Tactical Communications
    Case number: 7224433

This is a Formal Complaint.

The recent changes to the Sophos Central Administration is a management nightmare.

Before I had a single department policy encompassing each Sophos Feature / Technology Group.

I now have 6 Policies per department that need individually managing.

If I create a new policy for a department from scratch, or by cloning, I have to do it 6 times.

How on earth did this pass any customer testing or sanity testing?

Or am I the only customer to have "special" needs in breaking departments down this…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Encryption status not displayed in Endpoint Protection>Computers view

In the "Endpoint Protection > Computers" view, why is device encryption state not listed? Its immensely confusing to have similar views but some without important information -- especially as the 'manage endpoint software' button on this view can be used to manage the encryption module!

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. New policy interface = 5 times the effort

The new interface for policy management is far less useful than before. Now we must edit 5 individual policy areas instead of editing one policy with 5 components. The new interface requires we apply each portion of a policy to a user requiring 5 times the effort !

Please go back to the old view/ method and focus on changes that increase productivity, minimize administration and improve functionality.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Remote force reboot and restore deleted accounts

Feature Requests:
    1) need an option to manually force or at minimum prompt a user to preform a reboot. I have multiple clients who's users have windows VM's that never get shut down. maybe a force reboot button beside scan now in the dashboard or make it an option for the admin to force reboots or not upon updating.

2) Have a restore repository to restore users/computer accounts if accidentally deleted. Maintain it for around 7 day's and then delete. Currently if a client makes the mistake of deleting a computer. you have to remove and reinstall the client on…

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Go back to old policies

Undo whatever madness you just did to the policies. I now have to go through several sections to assign my devices to the correct polices.

It was just add once to one group of policies before you split them all a out individually.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Bring Back the old policies

This is a pain the *** to manage now. I liked it better when, when adding a new user to a policy, I only had to do it in one policy and not several spots.

For example, all laptop users have the same restrictions. I was able to add the user *once* to the correct policy. Now I have to add that same user to four or five different policies.

BRING BACK THE OLD METHOD.

17 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Update Now - Computers

It would be nice to be able to trigger an update on a computer from the device details page. You can do it with servers, but I don't see a way with computers. The only way I've found to do it is by going to the user page and selecting the computer from there.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.