Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Mac users reported as local rather than domain-based in Sophos Central

I noticed that the Mac Sophos client reports domain users as local users in Sophos Central. For example my windows client shows me as DOMAIN\jcarney whereas the Mac client shows me as COMPUTERNAME\jcarney

Not a major issue, but it means that my Mac and Windows devices are listed under 2 separate users.

I can confirm that I use domain credentials to access my Mac computer.

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Can't whitelist web sites that are CNAMEs

At the moment you cannot "whitelist" a web site URL that is an "alias" (CNAME), you have to whitelist the name that it points to. This applies to Global Exclusions and Policy Exclusions.

However, if the CNAME points (for example) at the AWS S3 bucket host (e.g. "s3-eu-west-1.amazonaws.com") you end up whitelisting any website that uses an S3 bucket! I have a ticket open for this and it's taken five and a half months before someone could tell me why it doesn't work B-((

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Add a designation for Passively Blocked content

Please add an option to label and filter passively blocked web links.
    These are generated by policy blocked links or windows on an allowed webpage.
    Example - MSN is an allowed web page. It has links to stories about "Naughty celebrities" which are blocked by policy. Sophos records the block, but the user is not trying to go to the site.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Firefox - invalid page, Report of policies and tamper protection

in Firefox - low part of console isn´t displayed correctly (page is without right control).
    I cannot find any report to get CURRENT status of Tamper protection.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Set default PUA handling and automatic cleanup

In general, we do not want to accept PUAs on our network. This feature should allow a "default deny" policy which auto-cleans the PUA and advises the user to contact (for example) Help Desk to get approval to install. Going in and manually cleaning PUAs is onerous and not a good user experience.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Create a base image package that i can use when i build new desktops/laptops, that install sophos client on a new build

that i can use when i build new desktops/laptops, that install sophos client on a new build

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Email notifications for high priority alerts across all clients

As an MSP it would be useful for the partner admin console to be able to send email alerts for events. I.e. if a high priority alert like virus/malware not automatically cleaned then it can email. This would be best located in the partner dashboard, not individually under each client (As under each client we would have to make a phony forwarding address for each customer which means they would have to maintain an additional inbox which costs money when using cloud hosted email services)

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Column Sorting.

It would be really nice to be able to sort by column within the webUI.
    Being able to sort on name/os is great... but sometimes "Last User" or another column would be really, really handy.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. DLP action needs to also include a copy of the file for review.

We review files that are transferred to external media, Internet or email. Part of the review is to open the original file and check it for Sensitive information. Without the file, it is impossible to see what data a user actually sent.

There should be an archive of files sent by users either over the network or to external media.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Verarbeitung von Updates die einen Neustart verlangen

Sehr geehrte Damen und Herren,
    wir beobachten auf vielen Rechnern unserer Kunden, dass diese lange im Status "Neustart nach Softwareupdate erforderlich" verharren obwohl diese jeden Tag ausgeschaltet, sprich heruntergefahren werden und am nächsten Tag wieder eingeschaltet werden.

Wie wir soeben getestet haben, wird die Warnung "Neustart nach Softwareupdate erforderlich" nicht durch "Start -> Herunterfahren" und anschließendem Wiedereinschalten des Rechners beseitigt. Die Meldung ist wirklich nur mit "Start -> Neu starten" zu beseitigen.

Wir wissen um das "neuartige" Herunterfahren von Windows 10. Trotzdem die Frage: Ist es seitens Sophos umsetzbar auch bei "Start -> Herunterfahren" und anschließendem Wiedereinschalten des Rechners das…

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Reboot request not clearing

Reboot Required message is not clearing automatically. I would be nice if it did or if there was a way to filter those that are an older "Reboot Required" as show in "Status", say 2 to 3 months old that show reboot required in more recently in "Summary"

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. As a sophos central administrator, it would be very useful to have more detailed and customizable reports available for example: list of cl

As a sophos central administrator, it would be very useful to have more detailed and customizable reports available for example:
    list of clients / servers and the version of the sophos product installed
    report of all clients with latest data update, with last use, with last user, and ipaddress.
    It would be essential that you set which clients and which Update Cache they need to update.

8 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Greater detail and central management for endpoint updates

Sophos Central needs the ability to view what endpoints have taken on what updates and what endpoints are missing them for remediation.

More granular detail with log reports rather than just saying "up to date or not" logs in order to troubleshoot which devices are missing what patches/updates.

Currently the central management point is not able to centrally manage endpoints or troubleshoot issues effectively.

12 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. System variables in exclusions

We'd like ot be able to use system variables in exclusion liusts so that we can exclude a path in the users directory. For example C:\users\JSmith\appdata* must be doine for each user using the machiune instead of using a variable like C:\users\%username%\appdata* or %defaultuserprofile%\appdatas***.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. The exclusions ca

Several problems with your exclusion luist capailities. If I have a subset of servers that need particular exclusions I can't do that without cloning the existing policy and aplying it and adding the exclusions, then as time goes on I have to manage multiple exclusion lists instead of being able top layer them . I'd like to add exclusion lists to groups of servers that already have a policy applied and where the global eclusions should nto contain those entries.

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Sophos central statistical counts not accurate.

ref ticket: 7789151
    On the Sophos central portal why are the Policy Warnings Proceeded Count more than the Policy Warnings Issued Count?

This is causing a lot of disruption in our reporting mechanisms and would request this to be accepted as a feature request asap.

Kochhar
    03 8614 4784

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Some Suggestions to make this software more user friendly

Would Love a "Scan all button" in this interface.
    Would also love a "re-scan events" for discrepancies.
    Would also love it if events that were resolved actually dissappeared.
    Would love it if the agent could check for duplicated computers based off of serial numbers.
    Just a few simple solutions to make this interface more user friendly for administrators of 100 machines.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATION service stays red in Windows 10 1709

MANAGEMENT COMMUNICATION service stays red in Windows 10 1709

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Unused Policies

There are options for administrators to add-on exceptions at various modules, but there is no notification/indication to tell the administrator whether the exceptions used is correct or no longer in use.

It would be great to have some detection method to allow administrator to know which rules/policy/exception is active and which are no longer active.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. several computers together insert to a group

Hallo,
    how can I insert several computers together to a group?
    It´s a lot of work to insert every computer separate.
    Kind Regards, Torsten Schreier, DGzRS

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.