Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. I suggest putting an option to show all computers or users who are using the Sophos End Point and Interceptx licenses. Thank you.

I suggest putting an option to show all computers or users who are using the Sophos End Point and Interceptx licenses. Thank you.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID Test Azure
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Produkterweiterung bei Warnhinweisen

Schönen guten Tag.
    Da die Warnhinweise nicht von selber verschwinden und man diese manuell als anerkannt bestätigen muss, wäre ich sehr froh um die Erweiterung (Kästchen oben links neben "Alarme") "Alles Auswählen" um alle Warnhinweise markieren und bestätigen zu können.
    Vielen Dank
    Michael Probst
    Schweizerische Vogelwarte
    6204 Sempach
    +41414629759

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Scheduled application control and web filtering

Application control and web filtering to be applied when students and staff are only at the school. Maybe ping 2 or 3 internal server and then apply the policies?

This will give users the ability to use what ever apps or any websites they want

when at home but at school they are restricted.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. duplicate computer entries

Hello,

Currently when we have a user log into a computer with Sophos Endpoint installed on it, a new computer entry gets created within Sophos Central. When a second user logs onto the same machine, a second computer entry gets created within Sophos endpoint. This process gets repeated everytime a new person logs on, thus creating multiple entries for one physical machine.

This creates a large problem for us when performing audits, as when we run computer reports and have a look at the inactive column for machines that are no longer in use, these results are skewed as it…

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. RCA case logging

It would be really nice if I were able to mark certain RCA cases as, "do not alert me on this again".

The facebook scams and the bad website block page notifications pile up and I don't care to see them if I know you are blocking them.

In general Sophos central needs to give users more control over what and how they see things. Every column of any table should also be sortable. You guys have some serious balls to tell me what I should be allowed to sort. j/k Seriously though, every column should be sortable.

That's all…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Lack of functionality. Web interface is geared towards idiots who like approximations of data.

As far as a management portal, Sophos seems to play the ignorant. Tamper Protection management, detailed reports and the pandering display of "this computer hasn't updated in 3 days, 4 months etc. I'm human and I'm in IT, I can understand dates on a calendar. WHy is it that I have to download a CSV (when available) to get dates versus an annoucement of "about 3 months ago". Are you selling this to the enterprise or the end users?

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Feature Requests

Feature Change Request:
    1. More granular control of Roles. For instance, Helpdesk role having the ability to disable Tamper Protection during troubleshooting.
    2. Active Directory Import (Computers) - Computers and Servers get viruses, not people (ok, maybe the common cold). With SEC, an organization can quickly view their system assets imported and determine the compliance of protected systems.
    3. Intelligent Alerting - Alerts such as 'out of date' or 'reboot required' should be intelligent enough to clear without administrator intervention.
    4. Customizable Alerting - If alerts will not clear on their own as issue is addressed, then the ability to…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. IP Address in computers list

I would like to see the IP address view option in the computers section under Endpoint Protection

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. licencias

buenos dias

quiero saber como podemos hacer para dar de baja a varias licencias de sophos en algunas computadora que ya no están en uso en la asegura y poder instalarlo en otras que se les ha cambiado el sistema operativo. mi consulta se debe a que ya excedimos las licencias contratadas con ustedes y hay varias licencias que no se estan utilizando .

atentamente

Stanley Mendizabal
    depto de informatica

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. can not uninstall product.

please make uninstallation easier, this is a trial version, not a production. I will not recommend this product if they can't easily uninstall sophos agent trial. this is not the way you promote your product. I'm disappointed user.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Add "Comment" Section to exceptions

Add "Comment" Section to Peripheral Control exceptions and i.e. PUA exceptions to allow somments like "Admins iPhone" or "psKIll.exe is needed on this server for script..."

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Central endpoint - enforce proxy route via wpad for updates

Central endpoint update configuration will currently read a wpad file and see proxy settings, however if there is more than one route it will take the most direct one with no facility to force the traffic via specific routes / proxies, see sanitized log output below.

The system sees the proxy settings from the wpad but then still goes direct without the proxy as that is most direct route, we need to be able to set the route for this update traffic.

=================================
    [ 1760] INFO WindowsProxyDiscoveryWrapper::GetDefaultProxyConfiguration WinHttp default proxy not set
    [ 3456] INFO WindowsProxyDiscoveryWrapper::GetProxyForUrl WinHttp discovered proxies "PROXYFQDN:3128" …

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Add totals to exported reports

Under Logs and Reports, Then Computers. The live report shows totals at the top of the report. When exported to a PDF or a CSV there are no totals included. I need this to be included for audit purposes. Please give me a call if you need further details. Thanks! Russ Gentry 828-989-3124

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Allow reporting and alerting on Ingress/Egress Direction in DLP Alerts

Currently the DLP capability of the client does not provide any information on whether a event is considered ingress or egress.

I would like to see reporting and alerting by user on files that have been transmitted out of the org, as this is where a breach may occur.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Lockdown for Clients OS

Hi All,
    the lockdown feature works well but at the moment can protect only Server OS. In some environments (banks, hospitals, public sector) there are some departments where lockdown faeture can be useful to better protect workstations. Using GPO to whitelist applications require a lot of time. It would be nice to have such a feature even on Clients OS. Thanks

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Endpoint Download Possible Virus

When downloading the Sophos Endpoint for Windows I got a possible error from my virus scans.
    I use Metadefender for small downloads on Chrome.
    Filseclab
    1359 ms
    Jun 13 2017 (1 day ago)
    This was the result of the scan.
    W32.Vittalia.R.dmdp.mg

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Peripheral allowed: Apple Wireless Network Adapter

A MacBooks is reporting the event "Peripheral allowed: Apple Wireless Network Adapter (802.11 a∕b∕g∕n∕ac)" several times a day when a users connects to a wireless network. This is the built-in Wi-Fi adapter and is not a peripheral. Please remove this from the event entries.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Websites

Would like to see what the websites are that people are going to under policy violators. Since the category like alcohol & tobacco or proxies and translators is generic.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. False positive with Pulse Secure Teleworking Solution

False positive with leader market teleworking solution : CryptoGuard detected ransomware in C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Pulse Secure\JUNS\PulseSecureService.exe

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Report on when exclusion are used.

Can we get reports on when "exclusions" are hit? I had submitted the following to tech support and they siad that it is not an option but recommend submitting to the Dev team.
    "When it comes to "exclusions" for files and directories does Sophos Central log them when they are used? and if so can we run a report on these exclusions?"
    Thanks
    Matt

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.