Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Off-site Endpoint updates.

Would love to see the computers have the ability to update Endpoint when they are outside of the companies network and to have the monitoring software record those updates. Many of our users travel and are gone from the office for long periods of time. The monitoring system list those computers as not being current.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Proxy separato e amministratori separati

Salve,ho dei suggerimenti da proprorre:
    fosse possibile impostare un proxy nei criteri specifici e non solo globali..
    avere un amministratore per ogni gruppo di dispositivi che riceva le email solo per quel gruppo...non di tutti

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. better email alerts options

better control for alert emails. I want low and mid priority alerts grouped once a day with a list of computers.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Google Drive File Stream - Direct I/O Error

Using Google Drive File Stream.

SAVOnAccess reporting large number of errors constantly in the event logs and SAV.txt.

Managed to stop the errors by excluding G: entirely.

However, this is not a viable long term solution as this means a user *without* Google File Stream installed is vulnerable to an infected USB having G: drive assigned as a drive letter.

As per Sophos support, this errors are for logging purposes only.(https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/119136)

Those messages can be mis-leading so suggest to turn-off those messages in future release.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. MSP - Select Endpoint License

We need more flexibility to choose more than one type of Endpoint product. For example, the possibility of choosing the 3 products at the same time
    Intercept X Advance EDR, Intercept X Advance, Endpoint Protection

(Menu Select Endpoint License)

https://community.sophos.com/kb/en-us/124578

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Dashboard > Endpoint Computer Status

It would be useful if, on the Dashboard, on the Endpoint Computer Activity status, to be able to click on a section of the chart to see which devices fall into any categories. For instance, mine currently stations that I have "6 Inactive 2+ Weeks". It'd be useful to click on a link to quickly see which stations those were.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Report / log when Tamper Protection is disabled on endpoint

Request ability to alert, list/report on all endpoints that have Tamper Protection disabled.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Whitelist default Microsoft directories in Sophos Central EndPoint Protection

Hi there

Other AV vendors whitelist all the default Microsoft directories that Microsoft recommend be excluded from AV scanning etc. It would be very time efficient and appropriate for Sophos to auto whitelist the standard Microsoft directories. Sophos do it for SQL Server and Exchange but not for Hyper V or domain controllers or standard desktop/laptop operating systems. Why is this?

I spent three hours adding exclusions (via the add another button) and then when I had them all added I clicked save and Sophos Central logged me out and didn't save any - even though I had been working…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. alerts dashboard some services are not running

seems like in July 2018 we stopped receiving and see alerts for missing services on devices.
    I do understand that's because there was a lot of false positive alerts but when services are not running that's mean the machine isn't protected for a specific threat.
    I think that we should have a notification center that we will be able to control what notification we would like to get will be amazing and will solve both problems for users that getting false positive and also will serve the users that would like to know when a service isn't running.
    the other…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Seperate Proxy and Translator policy

Webcontrol Policy: Separate Anonymizer Proxy from Translators

We have to manually add Proxy sites top the webcontrol exclusions area. On Sophos SEC it is separate and proxy can be blocked in one go, without stopping translators.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Pheripheral control for I/O devices, like cameras and mics.

It would be nice to be able to control all peripheral devices, not just those that fall into a certain category. Specifically would like to control I/O devices like cameras, mics, keyboards, etc.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Separate marijuana from Illegal Drugs (web control policy)

As states have started to legalize marijuana, please break out sites related to marijuana into a new category instead of being in Illegal Drugs.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Sophos Central Installed Version Report

Allow the capability to export the current installed version of Sophos from any device. There should be an easy way to see the installed version of Sophos for any device from within the Central console. This export/report should be able to be applied or filtered to specific groups.

Use Case: Sophos compatibility issues with certain Windows updates has caused various devices to hang during boot. Your organization declines that bad Windows update to avoid disruption. However, some servers may not have an updated Sophos client due to reboot schedules or other errors. You want to view the Sophos version for…

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Mac Operating System

You are killing me with having to update old macs to run this software. make it backward compatible. Unless this improves i will have to ditch this software. Really slows em down as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Sophos endpoint component version Report

Sophos endpoint component version Report
    We need a report to show all component versions for all endpoints. This is necessary for verification of all endpoint component versions to ensure proper versions are installed for MS April 2019 security patch issue.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Enterprice Console Reports

Saved report concept request for Central Enterprise Account- to select different options as available in General central account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Application Control Reporting

As we are needing to report on applications that have been Whitelisted, there is no way at present to export the 500+ applications showing which are blocked or not.

I believe there should be a way to export this list that shows this information for reporting/auditing purposes.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. remove quarantined files

When quarantined files are uninstalled or permanently deleted from the end point, allow ability to delete the listing in quarantine via Central instead of having to delete the logs on the end point.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. inventory

Sophos Central should also integrate an asset inventory of endpoints. Hardware details like processors, memory size, hard disk capacity. Softwares like installed apps, necessary informations to generate a report needed by the management.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. 3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.