Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Sophos Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos Central. The unified console for managing your Sophos products.
Please raise all product releated feature requests in the respective product forum

Suggest an Idea for Sophos Central...

(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Conditional Access By IP

We should be able to conditionally limit login to Sophos Central by IP and time of day so I can ensure employees aren’t logging in from home or non work computers.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  General  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Sophos Central Wireless - Clients Page - Graph Issue

The graph on the Clients Page of Sophos Central Wireless, when made hidden using the control "Hide Graph" and then if we click on 24h | 7d option and then click on "Show Graph".
    The graph re-appears as scrambled, I tested the same multiple times but the same result came every time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wireless  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Sophos Central Wireless - Clients Page - Sort Clients By Site

I was going through the Clients Page on Sophos Central Wireless and thought if i could get filtering clients based on their sites then it would be easier for me to understand how many clients on each location reside.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Wireless  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Red Heartbeat Alerts - Firewall

When you have a Firewall managed by Central, it is needed to know what Firewall is showing the logs os heartbeat.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  User management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. "Is it possible to develop Sophos add-on by adding a python package so that it can connect to Sophos API, like Splunk AWS add-on?"

On this server customer is running SPLUNK through which they connect to various vendor software, in our case Sophos Central to interrogate the data.

Python version 2.7.5 is what is running on the server
    This runs some scripts to connect to the Central API to fetch logs from Central gateway & store on the Linux server.
    This is then used to create reports.

Customer has other applications that run on this server

AWS, Forcepoint, Imprva

These applications download a newer version of Python 2.7.9+ that allows their integration script to run.

Following our KB, we do not supply the same…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Endpoint Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Widget showing protection statuses

Widget showing status of protection along with other interesting background information.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Remote manual remission needed

It would be a huge timesaver if your manual clean tools would look at local installs to interactively remove problems already located. It would also be nice to allow the manual tools to be pushed to restart and clean remote machines. Central administration only helps co much, central remediation would go much further.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Customized Email alerting based on IT team

With Configure email alerts, would like the ability to separate the endpoint, server, AWS server alerts to individual groups, Distribution lists or Individuals. Endpoint alerts go to Helpdesk Agents, Server alerts go to Infrastructure Team, AWS server alerts go to AWS support team.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. One click Dashboard Report Filtering

Should be able to click on "Not Protected" and get a filtered report on what devices are currently not protected.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Change the way you manage/control peripherals - allow/block

Peripheral management/control seems backward - an administrator should be able to globally allow devices and then have the ability to block unauthorized devices via the exemptions option. Currently you have to block devices globally and then add exemptions for allowable devices. When you have hundreds or more of devices that need to be approved, it is neither efficient or practical.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Global Policy Templates resets to defaults base policies on all sub-estates.

Do not reset base policies on all sub-estates to defaults when a global policy template is used! Had I known the cost of imposing a global policy template for just a few days, I would never have used the feature! It's likely that because a global policy template resets all base policies back to their defaults, I will never use it again.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Ability to stop Scans on local machine or central

Ability to stop Scan after you run it from the Sophos central or the local Console of Sophos

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Better Sorting for Logs & Reports Message History

You should be able to sort by ALL columns under Logs & Reports Message History

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Gateway  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Endpoint Protection Summary - Scheduled Hero reports

Provide the ability to send Hero summary report at least on a monthly basis to a specified address.

https://cloud.sophos.com/manage/reports/protection/hero/create

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Secure entire conversation, not just the first email

Allow bi-directional encrypted emails, some confusion has risen that since the first email sent out was secure that the responses would be as well. To really make this a good system the entire email conversation in both directions should be secured. With HIPAA compliant auditing as well.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Allow admin to define and brand secure email documents

Allow the admin to add company logo and information the the document generated by secure email. The email looks like SOPHOS is sending the end user a document and that has brought up HIPPA issues thinking that SOPHOS no has access to medical data in emails.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Allow Admin to set default language for secure email

Allow Admin to set default language for the first Email of the encryption handshake. maybe then allow the end user to override with a subject tag, such as secure: english:

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. when new policies have been applied

It would be helpful to know the current state of policies on a user. I can see the policies I have allocated but not the version or date when applied. The example being I change a policy and I want to see if the new policy has been applied to the user. If I could see the date or version currently active on a user I would know if they have the new policy.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. undelete re-register option

Allow undelete of devices or add teh ability to re-register a device instead of having to do a full install again which is a bit overkill and not required.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Server Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  20. I would like to change Block to Allow for an individual category, eg Alcohol & Tobacco.

I don't want any sites that are categorized under a category such as Alcohol & Tobacco to be blocked for my end users. They need access to these sites and right now I am told I can only manually enter in each site as I am notified that they are being blocked by going to the "Global Exclusions" screen in Sophos Central. There has to be a way to turn off some of these categories from blocking access to sites.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 87 88
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.