Firewall Management in Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Firewall Management in Sophos Central. Powerful enterprise and multi-customer management for Sophos XG Firewall.

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Firewall Management in Sophos Central. Powerful enterprise and multi-customer management for Sophos XG Firewall.

1. Retain Routing Gateway in Rules and Policies

It will be helpful and user friendly for the users if the Gateway Routing comes under firewall rule.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID - Old - Do not use Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Be able to disconnect VPN users

To have the ability in Remote Access management to disconnect vpn users that have gone idle.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID - Old - Do not use Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer dashboard features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VPN connections indicators

When customer has a lot of users working remotely via VPN to the XG it'd be nice to have some report indicating for a chosen period of time, the time of 1st connection started, time of last connection ended and total amount of time conected. When remote access is the only way to work this can serve as a kind of audit of working time for some professional profiles. So far I guess reports include amount of times and number of times. Log can show active connections and starting time of the active connections. This is complementary info

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer dashboard features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow Renaming of Firewalls in Sophos Central

Prior to a recent UI upgrade, one could rename a firewall in the "Firewall Management" section of Sophos Central simply by clicking on the ellipsis to the right side of the screen. Now for some god-only-knows reason you decided to remove that feature, and instead of seeing an easily recognizable firewall name, I can only see a cryptic serial number. Consequently, this now requires the use a separate table of serial-to-name mappings to help me understand which firewall I'm looking at in the list, making my job so much more difficult.

For the love of everything holy, please bring back…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Customer dashboard features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. rename sophos

Depuis la dernière mise a jours du dashboard sophos central
    je ne peux plus renommer les firewalls..
    j'ai envoyé un message au support qui ma confirmer cela.
    Et me demande d envoyé une demande ici

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner dashboard features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Manage individual firewall configuration directly in Central

I would like to manage individual firewall configuration directly in Central, so I can fully configure a device before it has even been deployed, and so that group management can be improved with smarter dynamic objects, and to more easily share configuration already made on one firewall, with other firewalls, and more easily swap in an RMA replacement firewall.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Use AD users and groups from Central account in group firewall policies

I want to be able to create user-based policies for my firewall groups, using the AD users and groups that Central already knows about.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Lock objects and policies on XG created by firewall management

I would like to restrict changes to objects and policies created from a firewall group, to protect them from local conflicts or accidental overrides. Objects and polices should be view-able but not editable when logged into the firewall locally, and it should be possible to pin firewall and NAT rules to the top or bottom, to better preserve the rule order.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. VPN Orchestration

I would like to automate creation of VPN tunnels between firewalls managed in my Sophos Central account.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Integrate firewall licensing into Sophos Central

I would like to have just one portal to manage my firewalls and their licenses. Integrating firewall licensing into Sophos Central, would also simplify account management, and license visibility among all of my administrators.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Improved Zero Touch deployment

I would like to be able to deploy new firewalls using the Zero Touch deployment option, but not require a using USB stick, to apply the initial configuration.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Scheduled firmware updates

When firmware updates are available for my firewalls, I would like to be able to schedule when they will be installed -either one firewall at a time, or for a group of firewalls.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Import firewall settings to create a group

As a sophos customer, I would like to be able to export the configuration from a single firewall, and use that as the starting point for a new firewall group's configuration

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Partner Dashboard support

As a Sophos partner, I would like to create firewall groups that can apply to more than one of my managed customers at a time. I would like to use the Global policies feature available for other Sophos products, to similarly push firewall settings to multiple customers at a time.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner dashboard features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Support XG firewalls running v17.5 in group management

As a customer with older model firewalls that may not be able to upgrade to v18 and beyond, I would like to manage those firewalls in Sophos Central

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.