Firewall Management in Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Firewall Management in Sophos Central. Powerful enterprise and multi-customer management for Sophos XG Firewall.

Firewall Management in Central

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Firewall Management in Sophos Central. Powerful enterprise and multi-customer management for Sophos XG Firewall.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Controll & Monitor Pattern Updates

I am only able to run firmware updates on a managed XG. There is no option to install pattern updates (e.g. Access Points, REDs) on a specific date.

For everything else that is auto-updated I would like to have an option to monitor failures and situations, where the device didn't find the latest patch. (I would like to have the logic inside of central. Central should compare the installed and available version of each pattern reported from a local device against the latest available version on the cloud.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Single device management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Controll & Monitor Pattern Updates

I am only able to run firmware updates on a managed XG. There is no option to install pattern updates (e.g. Access Points, REDs) on a specific date.

For everything else that is auto-updated I would like to have an option to monitor failures and situations, where the device didn't find the latest patch. (I would like to have the logic inside of central. Central should compare the installed and available version of each pattern reported from a local device against the latest available version on the cloud.)

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Single device management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Visibly show when an XG backup circuit is in use in Central Admin

When working with firewall management for Sophos XG firewalls within Sophos Central Admin there should be an alert or at least a dashboard visible icon showing that an XG is running on its backup link. This should be for cellular or any other link set to backup in the XG configuration.

7 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer dashboard features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Add user password complexity to SOPHOS Central

V18 MR-4 XGs have now two password complexity options - admin and user, both separated. However, in Sophos Central, there is only option to configure admin password complexity settings and nothing for user complexity settings.
    As a result, the only way to update user password complexity settings is by logging into each individual XG which is not always feasible, especially when you have sites with over 100 XGs deployed.
    Therefore, please add user password complexity also to SOPHOS Central.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Autoresolve Alerts

There are many situations where central raises more than one alert to a specific topic. Examples:
    - Firmware upgrade (Connection lost, Gateway up, Firewall upgrade completed)
    - VPN/RED connection lost (Connection lost, Connection reestablisht)

I would like to change the behavior of how alerts work in central. From my perspective it would be better, if an alert is archived, when the initial incident is resolved. In an example for VPN/RED alerts this would mean: An alert is raised, if any RED disconnects from the XG (current behavior). When the RED is reconnected, central should close the initial alert with an…

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Customer dashboard features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. reordering, grouping and renaming of firewall rules

since SFOS 17 we are able to
    - group firewall rules
    - move firewall rules aswell as groups to change their position (and therefore the processing order)
    - automatically assign firewall rules to the first matching group (if selected)

in central firewall manager none of this is currently possible, i.e. groups are not supported and you cannot change the position of rules

in addition you cannot rename a rule after it has been created

all of this should be possible via central. In the current state rule handling is unusable for our customers.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Group Management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Enable hosts and services import from XG's, XML, and CSV

Functionality in Central to import lists of everything found under the "hosts and services" area in XG's such as ip hosts, ip host groups, fqdn hosts, fqdn host groups, services, etc would enhance bulk management capabilities and reduce time required to deploy these. This should be possible to do from CSV + XML files and by querying managed XG's to directly import locally created hosts and services from those for deployment from Central to other XG's. Also see https://ideas.sophos.com/forums/330219-xg-firewall/suggestions/33035827-import-fqdn-s-cidr-lists-from-csv-or-txt

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Report to show software version

We managed over 120 Sophos XG firewalls for over 100 different customers. It would be nice to have a reporting option to show what software version is running on each firewall. This would enable us to easily check which of the Sophos XG firewalls that we manage are on the latest version and which ones need upgraded.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner dashboard features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Access to Log Files

For advanced debugging I need access to an appliance log files. Currently this is only available through the web console. It would be so perfect, if central would allow me to open an live trace and download option for the log files mentioned here: https://docs.sophos.com/nsg/sophos-firewall/18.0/Help/en-us/webhelp/onlinehelp/nsg/sfos/concepts/LogFileDetails.html

I don't need the files to be stored in central reporting. That would be cool - but is not needed for the moment. But with an option to run monitoring/machine learning on every single device log file (via Central API) would be a outstanding.

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Partner dashboard features  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. View Configuration of Offline Firewall

It would be great to be able to view the configuration of an offline firewall, in the same way that SCFM and SFM provided. When a firewall is offline, it is incredibly helpful to be able to view its last-known config during the troubleshooting process.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Single device management  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. The number of firewalls for a group should include the number of all firewalls of all its subgroups

If you use groups, subgroups, and subgroups in those, the groups will only show the number of firewalls in that group. If you only have firewalls in subgroups of subgroups, the top group and subgroup will always show (0). The number should include all firewalls in subgroups of a group, and all the firewalls in their subgroup, so a group always shows the correct number of firewalls managed by that group, be it directly or per inheritance of policies.

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Add the rule group option in the rules and policies

As it's possible to add groups of rules in local, it would be nice to be able to do the same directly in central...

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Adding Firewalls to Sophos central using a Partner Super Admin Account

It would be really great if adding firewalls to Sophos central is done in a different way instead of just using a local super admin account. We are an MSP with various customers that have Sophos central.

Adding a local super admin account on each customer we have is not ideal. It means we need to have a separate active email account for each customer which is ridiculous, what if we have 100 customers, it defeats the purpose of ease of central management for MSPs.

3 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

14. sophos central

The Sophos Central Dashboard runs full with Warnings on IPsec Connections. Message codes 17801 and 17802. I already went through the los files of the XG (The XG does not show these Messages as warnings in the Dashboard) and found out that these messages correlate with the rekey margin. Since that does not mean that the connection is terminated or means an irregular event I do not want to see those warnings on the central Dashboard.

The result is, that critical warnings are not beeing recognized...

How can I make shure that the rekeying is not permanently combined with a…

1 vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Improved Zero Touch deployment

I would like to be able to deploy new firewalls using the Zero Touch deployment option, but not require a using USB stick, to apply the initial configuration.

31 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

16. MSP

When you pull an MSP report from Sophos Central XG Firewall Dashboard for MSP XG License usage, It would be an idea that the report also pulls through the company name and company contact details on the report, instead of just the rest of the address and XG Serial number. Sophos support advised that Sophos does not currently support this feature.

I think company name and company contact would be useful, so resellers easily know who your billing, instead of looking up the serial number every time to see who the XG firewall belongs to.

This was suggested as a…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Sophos Connect VPN Client Independent Management Feature

When users are disconnecting/connecting, XG fires email alerts and reports to Sophos Central that IPSec tunnel went down or IPSec Tunne Reconnected. This times all users operating with this client get over-reported (false positive). We use site to site VPN to other sites, so turning off these alerts is not an option. I would strongly suggest being able to manage the client's VPN alerts independently.

10 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Manage authentication methods at the child group level

I have several levels of group hierarchy configured to manage our firewalls. The top level is for the overall company, the second level is for corporate/production, and then there are third level child groups tied to location. I am creating my users at the top group level, so they can be managed centrally. I am able to create the authentication servers at the second level (production/corporate). However, it is not currently possible to set the actual authentication method at a child group level (You get an error message stating this can only be set at the top of the hierarchy).…

2 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Central Firewall Manager Alert Policy Editing

Please allow other admins to edit the Alerts profiles in CFM. Currently, only the admin that created a Alert Profile can edit that profile.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Display Hostname on Tab or Menu

When managing individual firewalls, please display the Hostname of the device currently being managed in the browser tab or title bar. Currently the tab displays "Sophos". This will help avoid confusion and costly mistakes when managing and configuring multiple devices.

It would also be helpful to display the hostname next to the company name below the admin menu in the top-right corner of the each page.

4 votes

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.