XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. SSLVPN authentication by RADIUS Authentication via Active Directory

Implementation of SSL VPN users on Sophos using RADIUS authentication. The RADIUS server to use the Active Directory to authenticate the SSL VPN request.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  VPN and RED  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Implement real custom report / Connection Overview possibility

In the moment there is no way to generate a connection overview report from out of an XG. For example the custom reports section could be extended. These tables should be available:

Source-IP, Source-Port, Destination-IP, Destination-Port

Optional Fields:

Time, Application, Packet-Count, Byte-Count

The Query should be able to provide distinct results, especially when adding the packet-count field. To create a connection overview is a quite common task and is pretty easy in different deployments like inline deployment or even just as a Tap Device.

If the XG could simply generate a report, it would be a great function for any…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. VDSL Module SFP not support PPPoE without username and password

Many NBN providers in AU do not require a username and password for NBN FTTN. Instead, they use IPoE.

Please fix the fact you cannot save the PPPoE settings without entering a username and password. Either that, or allow you to enable DSL with connection type DHCP or static selected

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Send Quarintine Digest for all configured domains

If you have 2 email domains defined, xyz.com and xyzllc.com, and emails to both domains go to the same users, the quarantine digest is sent for xyz.com but not for xyzllc.com.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Email Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Add Https decrypt and scan cert onto mobile devices along with either Sophos Control or another app.

I again noticed last night, the issue of getting Cert's onto Client devices in order for HTTPs decrypt and scan to work. Its fine for us IT people or Techies but for end users its always a headache (well in my case it has) So I wondered if it would be possible for Cert installation to be added as a feature of either Sophos Mobile control or another App that can be downloaded via the XG user portal or even just a link on the user portal (we already have the Client Auth cert on the user portal for IOS/Android…

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. Quarantine mail contains only reason "File-Extension" but not which extension exactly

We have configured the system to quarantine emails with certain extensions.
    However, the recipient then only sees the quarantine reason "File Extension" in the notification. It is urgently desired that he also sees directly which file extension it is. The admin only sees this in the mail manager.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Quarantine mail contains only reason "File-Extension" but not which extension exactly

We have configured the system to quarantine emails with certain extensions.
    However, the recipient then only sees the quarantine reason "File Extension" in the notification. It is urgently desired that he also sees directly which file extension it is. The admin only sees this in the mail manager.

0 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. host and services

Report showing what firewall rule Host and Services are used in. This would be helpful to keep Host and services up to date. It is a pain to see an IP host but not be sure if it is used in any rule. If it is it would be nice to be able to see what rules it is used in. Same with services.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Reporting  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. download report

Custom>Custom Web Report
    Date Range = 18-09-2019 to 23-09-2019
    Upon generating of custom mail report i have selected.
    Report type - details
    Search in = domain
    search for - user
    Records Per Chart = 200
    Upon getting result of over 200 items / multiple page, i should be able to download all pages in any format.
    at this stage i only be able to download one (current) page instead of over all pages together.

in my case, i get over 200 pages and all i have to do is change page, download it and keep going until i finish all…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. when my friend migrate from cyber roam to sophos have feature in web tab "internet Schema"

when my friend migrate from cyperroam to sophos having feature internet schema in web tab thats link firewall rule to its web and application filter to every group

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Web Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Few dongles not detected as a Modem across Cyberoam 10iNG and 15iNG device.

Enter Dongle and Jio JMR1040 hotspot is not working on Cyberoam 10iNG and 15iNG device.
    Refer the ticket no- RE: [#9070238] Unable to connect WWAN
    Because as per your list maximum brands not available in India so take the logs from tier3 engineer Amitkumar Patel and modify the firmware and release new firmware. Inform us so that our problem can resolve.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Base System + General UI  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Running Schedule reboot and shutdown of XG 210

As captioned Can sophos introduce this feature. so that we can shutdown and power-on the appliance by setting cron job or scheduler. We are not required to operate 24/7 and why should we keep the appliance ON unnecessarily during nights or weekends? Please advice as we have other Firewall appliance such as Fortigate, Cisco, Sonicwall and Juniper, all this is supporting. Why not XG sophos ?

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. all client internet activities in the mac address to appear in the log.

all client internet activities in the mac address to appear in the log. for example, web filter logs.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. SFM Change Firmware update "Apply" button to "Schedule"

In Sophos Firewall Manager, when updating the Firmware of an XG Firewall, there is an "Apply" button, which brings up a scheduler when clicked.

This is confusing, as it seems like this button will apply the firmware immediately without warning. Please change the name of this button to "Schedule" instead of "Apply" so that it's more obvious that the firmware will be scheduled for install and not apply immediately.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. 4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Reports for ports

Reports should generate according to port number and gives details about traffic on that port. It would be appreciable if admin receives
    alerts when bandwidth utilization goes high.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Ability to send quarantined messages to shared mailboxes

We have quite a few shared mailboxes for the likes of HR, Finance and reception to name a few. Whilst I can send individuals a quarantine report to their mailbox there doesn't seem to be the ability to do this with shared mailboxes, or at least they do not show up in the list.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Log Viewer: Filter the Firewall log to show entries with no User name

One of the columns in the Firewall log is User name.
    If I click Add filter and choose User name in the Field box, my only options for Condition are: is, is not, Starts with and Does not start with.
    I need to find all of the log entries that have no User name. If I try to use the filter to see those entries by the Condition box to "is" and leaving the Value box empty, an error appears stating "You must enter a value for User name".

To allow me to find all of the log entries that…

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Network Alias GUI

When you have more than three alias ip addresses defined on a network interface the list will expand on mouse-hover to show the scroll bar. At least on Chrome and Firefox this scroll bar will force the edit/delete icons to flow over to another line making it almost impossible to edit the entries. This could be easily fixed by removing the max-height definition in the gui css on the "aliasBlockPort" element and removing the on-hover css change to overflow:auto.

Addidionally, when deleting an alias entry it will show an confirmation popup for deleting the entry. But the popup does not…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Apply different QOS per interface for specific firewall rule

Customer would like to apply different QOS per interface for specific firewall rule.
    For your assistance please. Thank You.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.