XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. master key is forcefully feature. keep it an optional

i am strongly recommended that keep this master key feature optional. as i am facing lots of problem regarding Master key. i am administrator & managing 5 Sophos device of each different location. we are already using encryption password method for backup.
    so why this feature needed and mandatory ?

this is forceful feature not usable for my current scenario & have double headache to remember key and store it on safe place.

also i read in your website , if we lost this key all backup will loss. if you have don't have recovery option this feature is useless…

1 vote
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Add tiktok to application policy list.

Add tiktok application to application policy list to manage traffic easily. It's a high data consuming app and please always ensure a way to control application traffic by sending updates for latest application or suggest a way we can add application manually as sophos let us control web traffic.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Advanced user access

Require custom profile feature with User add/ remove Disable and that custom profile user should control only Sophos connect VPN user list and not be able to change anything else.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. Synchronized Application Control - Set Category for multiple Apps at a time

Allow setting a category for multiple applications at once.

Synchronizes Application Control identifies a number of applications but puts them under "SyncAppCtl Discovered" Category. Some apps get detected multiple times because of different paths or other reasons.

It would be great to be able to select multiple applications from the list and set a category for them in one go.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. Add Smarterqueue app

Hi, can we request to add this app to be allowed?
    This is installed on IOS/android mobiles used to post updates to Instagram.

This app is currently not working after going through our XG firewall.

https://smarterqueue.com/

Please advise. Thanks.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Application Control  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. bypass snort application recognigtion per rule

Please add the ability to bypass ips/application regognigtion per rule, when performance is needed. even without applied ips rule, snort is analysing the traffic for application control, which result in a performance impact.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. bypass snort application recognigtion per rule

Please add the ability to bypass ips/application regognigtion per rule, when performance is needed. even without applied ips rule, snort is analysing the traffic for application control, which result in a performance impact.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Application Intelligence Gathering Utility

I had this awesome idea that I think would significantly help not only the local Sys Admin, but also Sophos.

It's similar to how Synchronized Security and other Sophos "App Intelligence" things work.

A utility application that allows you to monitor/record application traffic data running on your PC.
    The idea is to have only a specific program running (such as a game) and you have the tool monitor all the network traffic sent/received by that application. You use this collected data to further collect and send to Sophos Labs and your XG appliance, to better and more accurately determine what…

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. XG App Control vs UTM, XG feels underwhelming

As it stands now, XG's App Control feels very underwhelming.

Compared to UTM, XG's feels very lackluster in terms of features, categories and capability.

For instance, why does XG not have the option to block Advertisements and Trackers?

UTM has the option to block Ads and Trackers, and does a pretty good job at it.

The Web Filter's "advertisement" category does a very poor job and doesn't block nearly as much ads as UTM does. Having the ability to block ads not only by Web Filter policy, but also App Control is in my opinion a very solid foundation to…

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. NordVPN

We need the ability to block NordVPN.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. Adding Urban VPN

Dear Sophos Support,

Please Urban VPN in proxy and Tunnel in Application Filtering

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Notification Settings issues

Hey!, I need to send mail notifications to more than one recipient, but it's not possible right now on my Sophos XG Firewall.

Another issue is that I can't see the affected device in the message, I only see: "Management Interface IP: Not configured/Not available", so I've to login into the Firewall and go to the Reports section for know the IP.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. Currently the following features are not available in the firewall. I hope that these features will be updated in the firewall in the future

Currently the following features are not available in the firewall. I hope that these features will be updated in the firewall in the future.
    • If internet traffic exceeds the internet plan, the alerts e-mail should be automatically sent to admin from firewall.
    • Currently live internet speeds cannot be checked in the firewall which should happen.
    • If the speed of the internet is less than the plan of the internet, the alert email should be sent automatically to admin from the firewall.

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. Monitoring Application

We need complete monitoring of applications if user opens any application it should capture the log based on usage we will block the same

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Notification Settings

Functionality that allows you to tailor notifications.
    For example, a fault discovered and has maintained a fault for 15 minutes then sends out the notification instead of constant up/down notifications.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Application filter category : Ads & Tracker

In the application filter there is an category called "e-commerce". When you look inside the application list, you can see a lot of banking apps listed but also Ad-Server apps and tracker. It would be nice when there is seperate new category like "Ads & Tracker". This would make it more easier for the administrator to filter and block unproductive web apps.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. application control

Show blocking page when an application is blocked by application control.
    Currently we only see a browser error when an application is blocked and we often need to check the logs to find out which application caused the block.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Blocking of File-transfer in Anydesk Remote Application

Able to block file-transfer in Anydesk

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Tunnel Bandwidth

VPN tunnel bandwidth/Traffic monitor

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Remote VPN login session details

Remote VPN login session details

10 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.