XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. IPS Not Working ! on Sophos XG Home

IPS not Working on SOPHOS XG Home

2 votes
    Sign in Sign in with Log in with your Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make a way to add to Sophos Connect "Allowed user" list without booting all currently connected Sophos Connect users.

The title pretty much spells it out here. It's very disappointing that you can't add a VPN user without disrupting all your current VPN users...

11 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Geo Blocking

Geo Blocking is a great addition, but doesn't list all the countries.

For instance, I have a customer getting hit by Kenya and Kyrgyzstan. Any ETA on when Geo Blocking will be fully rolled out?

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. NAT Rules - Grouping

Grouping NAT rules - same as grouping Firewall Rules.

6 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

5. loopback interface and ip sla features in v18

kindly add loopback interface and ip sla features in v18. loopback interface is need to use in bgp and "ip sla" is needed for link high lentency failover.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. Revoke DHCP lease from client

The ability to revoke the DHCP leased out to certain client.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. office 365 SMTP Host set up

Have a pre-configured O365 smtp host option, which includes all Exchange Online Protection IP address ranges. So we dont have to manually add in all of the reccomended ones from Microsoft

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/office365/enterprise/urls-and-ip-address-ranges

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. IPv6 support in "Policy Tester"

Currently one can only use the Policy Tester for IPv4 addresses. Please add the ability to also test IPv6 addresses.

7 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. scan ftp for malware on encrypted FTP

requesting for scanning of encrypted FTP

4 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. subodha@idawngroup.com

Hi Team,

On now Sophos can add bandwidth limitation to user wise/ Application wise and Rule wise.
    But if bandwidth limitation had on network adapter wise and VLAN wise, It will be very helpful to all of them. So I'm requesting to add that feature ASAP.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. please provide filter option under intrusion prevention under Spoof Protection Trusted MAC it is very difficult to change the mac or ip

please provide filter option for mac with ip
    under intrusion prevention
    under Spoof Protection Trusted MAC
    it is very difficult to change the mac or ip numbers . In our organization 250 Hosts are bind with mac for security purpose. There are 40 pages across we have to search it is very difficult. Thee is no option for export also. This feature is available in cyberoam 100ing firewall. but in sophos XG210 its a major pain to always scroll all the pages to find a single entry.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Sophos Switches with Synchronized Security

In case anyone up high at sophos is listening, how about this idea: Sophos is already in the firewall and AP business. Now we just need switches managed through Sophos Central with Sophos Synchronized Security added.
    Ports to infected endpoints could be shutdown when the XG or the endpoint see a device in an unhealthy state.

There would be better visibility with Synchronized Applications, seeing traffic that the firewall can't see.
    Partners could offer a complete "Network in a box" solution for every point of endpoint connectivity, whether wired or wireless!

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Import a CSV or have more predefined services

It would be great to have more Pre-defined services with their relevant ports listed.
    Like some other Firewalls have such as CheckP...t.

Or perhaps a way to import a services scv file.

2 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. MAC not capture in Authentication agent app

MAC not capture in Authentication agent mobile app
    To impliment MAC bases authentication.
    Please provide New version of App in Android and ios to capture MAC also.

1 vote
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Ability to restrict ALL system services under Administration -> Device Access

This is similar to https://ideas.sophos.com/forums/330219-xg-firewall/suggestions/16593775-assign-the-built-in-services-vpns-admin-etc-to which was marked as "Already Possible" even though it is not. I want to restrict RED device access to a single external IP address. Currently ALL external/WAN IP addresses have port 3400 open listening. I can restrict SSL VPN and User Portal but I cannot restrict RED access or IKE (port 500) even if I wanted to. This is causing me pain in my PCI compliance scans. If this cannot be done then I need to be able to enable these services per IP address and not per Zone like it currently is.

If I…

5 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Shared Network Quota

I have a new request about issuing shared limit network quota for a group.
    Now when I assign to network quota to group , that group each user will getting that particular data quota.

Ex: User Group Name - Test and Allocated 200GB to group, The test group have 10 Users.
    As now In sophos Each user will get 200GB. But I want to use this 200GB as a Shared Data bundle.

14 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. AD Password Change using user portal

I'm using AD as authentication service in my sophos xg.
    But users can't change password using user portal.
    So pls enable that option for the AD.

23 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Include trusted Certificate on sophos

I have a huge problem with doing HTTPS Decryption and Scaning.
    Because in my enviroment haven't AD to push self-signed certificate.
    So I want to add CA Author Signed certificate, But unfortunatley any of CA Authority not providing root certificate. Therefore I have new suggestion , Pls add sophos own CA Signed root certificate to sophos firewall. It will be helpful all of sophos users to enable HTTPS Decryption and Scaning without installing certificate manually. Because browser will trust certificate automatically. I still waiting for solution for this.

18 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. With active MPLS link bypass Particular Server IP Traffic through IPSEC S2S VPN link

A particular Server IP address which is included in the Static Route range for MPLS

connection need to redirect through IPSEC Site to Site VPN link.(Case ID 9440485)

3 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Alert on advance threat Protection and Web protection

PLease allow us to receive alerts for advance threat Protection and Web protection. If there is any kind of DoS or DDOS attack and any type of Web application blocked, admin can get alerts instantly on email.

9 votes
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.