XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Native AWS VPC VPN Support

The UTM supports auto-setup of site-to-site VPNs with AWS using the AWS provided config files, but XG does not. Dynamic routing is a requirement if you wish to terminate multiple AWS VPNs from the same AWS Zone. This is currently not possible, not just automatically using the AWS config file, but even manually because the XG will not let you assign a link local (APIPA 169.254/16) address to any interface, which Amazon requires for BGP.

11 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos Features & Ideas Laboratory
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

1 comment  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Clientless Users Surfing Quota (Recurring )

We have a Requirement for having a Surfing Quota option for Clientless users . This would block all Web traffic instead of Logging out the user from Live connections .Since its Clientless but with benefits of an Client based users.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Anti-malware between zones for all protocols

XG is able to filter malware only if FTP/HTTP/HTTPS protocols are used. Engines are there but cannot be used to scan traffic between zones if the protocols are not FTP/HTTP/HTTPS.
    Please allow Admins to enable malware scan on different protocols (for example scanning CIFS).
    Thanks

38 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. "Comme discuté avec le developppeur, nous ne supportons par les variables tel que : @@to sms:{mobileno}@@{msg} Le client doit entrer explici

To bear variables such as @@to sms:{mobileno}@@{msg} in the SMS Gateway API settings for this to work as"@@to sms:0033677663135@@test"

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

0 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. OpenVPN like SSL APP for Android / IOS

SSL Client APP for Android / IOS

Sophos should develop its own APP for mobile devices instead of using openvpn app, which is currently causing connectivity problems with Sophos XG SSL VPN. Competitors like Fortinet, SonicWall etc have their own app.

23 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  6. IPSEC and SSLVPN site-to-site auto fallback to primary link

VPN tunnel (both SSL and IPSEC) does not revert to its primary WAN interface, manual disable and reenable the Failover group/SSLVPN Client status for the tunnel to be established via Primary WAN interface.

20 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. better bookmarks in clientless portal

it would be great to allow user to add their own bookmarks or to allow group bookmark AND user bookmarks on admin interface for a given user.
    at the moment, you can only give access to a group bookmark.

since SMB bookmark seems to need authentification (at least i was not able to make them work without automatic login), each user needs a different group of bookmarks!
    it's a mess and a considerable amount of work.

12 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Ability for the Authentication Agents to provide warnings to users

It would be nice if the firewall would push down warnings to users through the authentication agents of pending quotas or schedules or any system action that will cause the user to be logged out of the firewall. Right now, when a logout event is reached, the user is logged off the firewall with no warning. For users of online services, this does not give them a chance to save work before connection to the internet is lost.

For instance:

Provide a popup from the authentication agent when there is 5 minutes (configurable) left before automatic logout due to a…

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. Add more traffic shaping and quota options

I would like to be able to throttle users based on network bandwidth after a certain bandwidth usage threshold is met. This is similar to how the wireless providers operate. For instance, a user would get 5 gigs of un-throttled data usage (on a cycle), then after that the user is throttled down to maybe 1Mbps. So in this case, it would be a traffic shaping policy applied after a quota policy is filled.

I would really like to see that type of policy on a per-application basis, and then user policies are built up similar to how the web…

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Implement support for dynamic/public IP/URL blacklist feeds

Alienvault has OTX (Open Threat eXchange) and there's https://intel.criticalstack.com/.
    There's also a very big player, Palo Alto Networks that provides Minemeld (see links at bottom of this post).

They all provide public feeds of known hostile IP addresses/ranges and URL's*.

I would really like to be able to make use of such feeds so I can create specific rules on my firewall to block all incoming traffic from these sources and possibly outgoing URL requests to known C2 servers.

If this blocked traffic (the outgoing attempts) is logged in a specific log, it would have the additional benefit of…

43 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Allow ICMP request from WAN on Public Alias IP Address

Hi,

on WAN port we have multiple alias public IP Address. now i want to allow ping only particular alias IP Address from outside world to check the wether the Server is up or down purpose.

so please include this feature XG Firewall.

we have urgent requiremnt for this because we are in ISP businees so we want to allow ping request from any source.

Regards,
    Kamal Patel

24 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. packet tracer

A feature like Cisco's ASA Packet Trace utility will be very nice. I like the XG firewalls but I really miss the Packet Tracer. Here's a little bit about it:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/document/29601/troubleshooting-access-problems-using-packet-tracer

I like it because you don't need to setup test hosts - the test packet virtually injected from the appliance itself.

9 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. single sign on for Bookmark in Clientless Access VPN

XG cannot forward the user identity from User Portal to Bookmark in clientless access VPN.
    At the moment, we have to configure a shared login credential (Automatic Login) for Bookmark.
    It would be better if XG retrieve user information from a User Portal session and forward it to a Bookmark.

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Policy grouping or dividing lines

By adding a lot of policies the GUI is getting very confusing.
    I would like a grouping feature and/or the possibility to add some dividing lines between policies so I can make it more enjoyable to read.

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

15. Implement avahi to make life a **** of a lot easier

When you have a network will apple products you will soon relise that unless they are on the same subnet they will refuse to see each other, this is because bonjour just refuses to work over subnets.

avahi can solve this but don't really see the point in setting up a server running linux to do such a small task which should be added into Sophos itself.

I saw a feature request just like this for UTM 9 and the was no response from an admin, seeing as XG is a new platform I am hoping this feature might actually…

16 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Firewall rule with content/application matching for custom QoS/Gateway configurations

Allow firewall rules to "match" by application, and thus permit custom routing/qos. E.g (Streaming out lower cost WAN1, VoIP out faster/more expensive WAN2)

This would be (layer7) application based (Not Subnet/Port based)

10 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Top usage monitoring of Gateway

Please provide an option to monitor top users on a particular Gateway (ISP). Scenario is as follows;
    1. An organisation with multiple ISP links
    2. WAN zone graph of a particular ISP is displaying peak usage
    3. Admin wants to know who is consuming the max through the particular gateway

Current option in Sophos displays only the max user globally. It does not gives ISP based usage.

19 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Mail field

Email field user in the Sophos XG imports only 63 characters when it is imported from Active Directory. this is bad, we need more positions.

I reported to the support, but said to post here!

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. builtin default ssl exception list

Have a default ssl exception list. If you've already identified an app won't work with ssl scanning then it should be automatically added. apps like twitter, imessage, apple appstore, etc.. all don't work with decrypt and scan on. Why put users through the trouble of trying to get it to work when you already know it won't.

I've added a link to show how palo alto does it, which I think is a good way of achieving this.

https://live.paloaltonetworks.com/t5/Configuration-Articles/List-of-Applications-Excluded-from-SSL-Decryption/ta-p/62201

7 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Service definition in inbound rule

Currently with Non-Http based business policy no option to define service/application that a particular port is allowed to communicate to hosted server.For instance if we have 1 to 1 nat defined to host a mail server from wan &I want only SMTP &PING inbound-Xg firewall don't have option.Feature requested is for application parameter definition over present port mapping in a non-http based business rule similar to what we seen in competitions like fortigate which offers flexibilty to define port in virtual ip as well option to specify application in firewall rule

47 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

• Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.