XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

XG Firewall

Suggest, discuss, and vote on new ideas for Sophos XG Firewall. The next thing in next-gen.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Shared Network Quota

I have a new request about issuing shared limit network quota for a group.
    Now when I assign to network quota to group , that group each user will getting that particular data quota.

Ex: User Group Name - Test and Allocated 200GB to group, The test group have 10 Users.
    As now In sophos Each user will get 200GB. But I want to use this 200GB as a Shared Data bundle.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google Sophos ID New Sophos ID
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll send you updates on this idea

0 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. AD Password Change using user portal

I'm using AD as authentication service in my sophos xg.
    But users can't change password using user portal.
    So pls enable that option for the AD.

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

3. Include trusted Certificate on sophos

I have a huge problem with doing HTTPS Decryption and Scaning.
    Because in my enviroment haven't AD to push self-signed certificate.
    So I want to add CA Author Signed certificate, But unfortunatley any of CA Authority not providing root certificate. Therefore I have new suggestion , Pls add sophos own CA Signed root certificate to sophos firewall. It will be helpful all of sophos users to enable HTTPS Decryption and Scaning without installing certificate manually. Because browser will trust certificate automatically. I still waiting for solution for this.

8 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

4. With active MPLS link bypass Particular Server IP Traffic through IPSEC S2S VPN link

A particular Server IP address which is included in the Static Route range for MPLS

connection need to redirect through IPSEC Site to Site VPN link.(Case ID 9440485)

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

1 comment  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Alert on advance threat Protection and Web protection

PLease allow us to receive alerts for advance threat Protection and Web protection. If there is any kind of DoS or DDOS attack and any type of Web application blocked, admin can get alerts instantly on email.

4 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

6. PPPOE time period option to reconnect after long outage

PPPOE connection does not reconnect after being out of service (Outage) for too long. Need an option to set a time period for a attempt to reconnect after a long outage. The only solution for now is to get back to the office and reconnect manually which is a pain.

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

7. Load Balancing of inbound SSL VPN connections

It is better to have load balancing on SSL VPN. This will help us in managing the traffic when 50 users connected to SSL VPN

3 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

8. Match IPS Signatures between all appliances

Sophos XG IPS signatures differ between 1U and 2U appliances. As of today, 1U and virtual appliances scan for 7,000 signatures; however, 2U appliances scan for over 22,000. We have been told this is by design given the lower compute on 1U/Virtual appliances. This means that customers with a 2U appliance are better protected than those with 1U. We would like signatures to match between all appliances and have an option to trim up signatures, if needed.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

9. control ICMP handling like in UTM

Ther is no possibility to disallow ICMP packages to the gateway adresses from the used adapters

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

10. Apply different load balancing condition for specific firewall

Customer would like to have different load balancing condition for specific firewall rule created. For your assistance please. Thank You.

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

11. TOR exit nodes as a WAN Source

Please create and update daily the TOR exit nodes as a WAN Source network. Ideally we would want to block anything attempting to access, scan or interact with our WAN IP Space from such a risky source.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

12. Bypass voucher login for specific host (MAC)

I have third-party WiFi APs connected to a network port on Sophos XG firewall and hotspot/voucher defined on Wireless configuration. I have specific hosts that need to be able to authenticate/access Internet without voucher login. These specific hosts do not have web browser or capability to login with a voucher (example: PoS terminals) and hence the need to bypass login based on either MAC address or IP address by creating a firewall rule. However, this is not working and it forces the host to login.
    Ticket #9121971

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

13. nmap in XG Firewall

Install nmap in XG devices would be very useful as it is in SG devices. Is that possible to do it in next releases?

5 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

14. DHCP flease for more than 30 days

DHCP lease for more than 30 days, 30 days are not enough in some cases!!!

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

2 comments  ·  Network Protection  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. High availability between physical and virtual

Allow high availability between physical machine and virtual machine in Sophos XG.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

16. Vunerability Check Tool

Hello.

Today I miss a tool that verifies possible faults in the XG firewall, for example, browser exploit, vulnerability with control communication, zero day, download of infected files, among others.

I believe that the development of this type of tool is important for an overview of the environment, regarding possible vunerabilities.

6 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

17. Port Triggering feature on Sophos Firewall

Hello Sophos Team,

We don't have feature of Port Triggering on Sophos Firewall, Can we have a feature on Sophos XG Firewall. It can help me solution over Ransomware,

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

18. Proxy Auth without Active Directory

Hello Sir,

I needed a feature to authenticate users with Proxy Server, Like CC Proxy does.

Therefore we can configure User Authentication of Terminal Server for Web Filter userwise without Domain Controller.

2 votes
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

19. Better Captive Portal options where some websites are allowed without login

Currently Captive Portal do not get open if we need to allow certain website for all the users in the network and block access to other website.
    Captive Portal should be available to all the users by default if he is part of the network .
    If a Rule 9 is allowed rule access to website for all users and in Rule 10 is to show users the Captive Portal then user gets the page of website blocked.
    Show captive portal to unknown users should available to all users if is not a part of any Allowed Group in the…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

20. Sophos for non-IT users

There is a desperate need in the world for sole proprietors and small business owners to get and use these great products. Non of the documentation is at the level where a massage therapist, lawyer, etc. can make any sense of it.
    These people may be small now but if you can grow with them you have an untapped market.
    I've been doing cyber compliance and have written info sec policies and done training for decades. I'm familiar with the nomenclature and basic concepts but even I can't seem to get this firewall installed. I can help with this with…

1 vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

← Previous 1 3 4 5 9 10
  • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base

icon-data-protection icon-endpoint-protection icon-phish-threat icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-central icon-sophos-mobile icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-sophos-utm icon-web-appliance icon-xg-firewall icon-xg-firewall icon-avid-secure icon-lightbulbCreated with Sketch.