Mail Logs in MTA
I would like to have better control on Mail Logs. I have hundreds of emails flowing through the network each day. Whenever user reports issues with emails, I would like to be able to:
- filter emails by start/end date and time, having only start/end date is not adequate;
- filter emails by sender/receiver/subject, having Recipient Domain is not adequate;
- more details on status, especially for Dropped and Bounced emails, to help with troubleshooting;
- specify how many emails to display per page;
- specify which page to display; having only previous and next page navigation is too slow;
David Spence commented
Search in Mail Logs and Quarantine.
We need a way (other than console) to search for emails by user, date and time, delivered etc. Scrolling trough 1000's of emails to find one is insane.
This would be beneficial if exchange (or other mail server) was to go offline and the mail 'vanished' or a user accidentally deleted it.